Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 06:54 AM

5,102 posts, read 2,047,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidShepherd View Post
You're a racist. Plain and simple. Also you seem to have slept through history class.
Yeah, however his post gived me inspiration for a meme.
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 08:16 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
The white SA's need to leave while they can. They need to take advantage of the countries that are offering asylum. Liquidate what you can, convert it all to cash, and go. Anyone who stays are only going to expose their family to violence. SA has already started down the slippery slope. The hard headed whites are going to fight. As soon as the shooting starts, the blacks in power will consider any white to be a threat, and neutralize them.

I would destroy any buildings I paid for, destroy any heavy equipment I own, and leave nothing functional behind. Whoever eventually gets the property, would need to start over from the beginning.

No need to destroy anything......white farmers who have lost their property report that rather than operate the farm,the blacks start selling everything they can.On one farm they removed all of the irrigation pumps,sold livestock,tractors and machinery,even household appliances.They ended up living in the same poverty that they left.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:21 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidShepherd View Post
You're a racist. Plain and simple. Also you seem to have slept through history class.
Apparently I'm not the only one who needs to brush up on their education. You clearly don't know what racism is.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
No need to destroy anything......
...for no reason other than we and the generations after us have to live on this land. Who destroys something just so other people won't have an opportunity to use it? Wow.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:32 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post

The audacity of colonizers putting up a fight for land that was never theirs. What a sense of entitlement. These people can make a living anywhere in the world. I don't condone violence, but I don't feel bad for them. They're being given plenty of warnings.
So how do you determine whose land is whose? How far back do you have to have lived on a certain piece of land to have it count as yours? Whites have been in South Africa for, what, over 300 years? If that's not long enough, then I guess we're going to have to have a huge world-wide game of musical chairs, just so that everyone can end up back on "their" land.

And when it's all said and done, there will be no whites in Africa . . . and no blacks or whites or Asians or Hispanics in the United States, for that matter. Is that the end result you desire?

Old 08-31-2018, 11:16 AM

"Blacks" are the original people. They will always exist on the planet.

ETA

I also find it interesting that you all are zeroing in on me when I simply agreed with another poster. Why are you not attacking the poster who said it? There is nothing new under the sun. History repeats. Land is bequeathed; land is taken away. I believe in God and the concepts in the Bible. You may not. Either way, the white South Africans are being given a chance to peacefully remove themselves from the land. They should take it, is all I'm saying.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:06 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
No need to destroy anything......white farmers who have lost their property report that rather than operate the farm,the blacks start selling everything they can.On one farm they removed all of the irrigation pumps,sold livestock,tractors and machinery,even household appliances.They ended up living in the same poverty that they left.
This isn't surprising you see the same sort of behavior with a lot of poor people when they win the lottery in the USA. They lack a concept of long term goals and lack skills of how to manage resources.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:33 PM

923 posts, read 664,364 times
Quote:
Sure would be nice to have some links of these "reports".It seems from every credible source farmers are being compensated,

How dare people who are probably starving and do not know the first about farming would rather eat by selling machinery and livestock then taking the time to learn how to use it which wasn't probably their land to farm on any way once the whites left.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:15 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
"Blacks" are the original people. They will always exist on the planet.

ETA

I also find it interesting that you all are zeroing in on me when I simply agreed with another poster. Why are you not attacking the poster who said it? There is nothing new under the sun. History repeats. Land is bequeathed; land is taken away. I believe in God and the concepts in the Bible. You may not. Either way, the white South Africans are being given a chance to peacefully remove themselves from the land. They should take it, is all I'm saying.

Or else what? keep poking the buffalo K

Old 08-31-2018, 05:14 PM

923 posts, read 664,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
So how do you determine whose land is whose? How far back do you have to have lived on a certain piece of land to have it count as yours? Whites have been in South Africa for, what, over 300 years? If that's not long enough, then I guess we're going to have to have a huge world-wide game of musical chairs, just so that everyone can end up back on "their" land.

And when it's all said and done, there will be no whites in Africa . . . and no blacks or whites or Asians or Hispanics in the United States, for that matter. Is that the end result you desire?
So I gress Tarzan was there training the black population how to survives:

How long did the whites in SA kill,subjugate,torture blacks and other people of color while they got more wealthy?Why didnt the whites not treat the Blacks fairly in the first place?Is it the blacks that are wanting more equality who are wrong?

It seems the problem is people get alarmed when there is turn about.I dont think its right if people are being killed but there has to be some accountability for past actions that have current implications.
Some atonement for the evil that was done under apartheid needs to happened and not sure if there is a completely fair way as the situation was not born out of fairness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa