Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 03:27 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
There are actually a lot of parallels between AAs and the people of SA. I believe we descend from the same people. I know in my own family history, I have not yet stumbled upon any references to Africa, and I honestly don't think I'm going to find it. There are a lot of lies told about America's origins. I believe many black Americans were already on the land and had it taken similar to South Africans. So yeah...the descendants of those people should absolutely be compensated. I, however, won't hold my breath for that. It will literally take an act of God to achieve that in America.

It seems you are confused about which regions and tribes AA's link to in Africa and about how the ethnolinguistic dynamics of Africa in general. There is reliable data to support that the genetics picks up the ethnolinguistic divide.

Who do you think is currently occupying the many territories the Ancestors of AA's lived on? I mean you would literally need to cut yourself up in pieces to divide percentages between Ghana, the Senegambia region, Togo, Benin, the Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, Angola, etc. Those places are currently occupied by Black indigenous people who have probably lived on the land for hundreds of years as well and who are a thousand times worse off financially than AA's overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 05:45 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It seems you are confused about which regions and tribes AA's link to in Africa and about how the ethnolinguistic dynamics of Africa in general.
I assure you I'm not confused.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:52 AM

50 posts, read 46,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
How long did the whites in SA kill,subjugate,torture blacks and other people of color while they got more wealthy?Why didnt the whites not treat the Blacks fairly in the first place?Is it the blacks that are wanting more equality who are wrong?
So subjugated, killed and tortured in fact they managed to go from about 2 million to nearly 50 million in about a hundred years. Bad, bad white people for not giving schools, medical facilities and modern nutrition.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:13 AM

1,663 posts, read 875,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
No need to destroy anything......white farmers who have lost their property report that rather than operate the farm,the blacks start selling everything they can.On one farm they removed all of the irrigation pumps,sold livestock,tractors and machinery,even household appliances.They ended up living in the same poverty that they left.
That's exactly what they did in Zimbabwe.

Quote:
Land that was actually redistributed was turned into communal farms and given to peasants who didn’t have the know-how to run them. Many of the farms were pillaged for any saleable items and then deserted. About one-fourth of the communal farms are so unproductive that they require food aid just to prevent the farmers themselves from starving.
https://archive.is/5VU9p

And South Africa is hell bent on the same path. Perfect.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:28 AM

50 posts, read 46,151 times
Oh there are many cases of farms being given to black land claim recipients and with a short period these farms are nothing more than a few measly veggie patches and some goats. In fact this is the norm rather than the exception. It doesn't suit the narrative so its not the stories making the news. Every now and again you see a news article showing a shining example of land reform. And yes there are some examples but understand this in context.

Another thing is how these recipients are literally showered with the farm, equipment, seeds, fert, start up capital- you name it. Then when someone asks why the place is not producing they moan about support and how they feel they were left to fail! You cant make this stuff up!

Old 09-04-2018, 10:08 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times
Quote:
"Blacks" are the original people. They will always exist on the planet.
The earliest human phenotypes still in existence are still found among the San people, also called Bushmen, who live in southern Africa.

They were there for millennia before the black Bantu people migrated into southern Africa from points north.

The !Kung-San people have been murdered and marginalized by those interlopers and now, the few who survive, live on the margins of the land.

Maybe the Black people of South Africa should give the farms to the real original people, the San people whom they have relegated to the most barren lands of the region for centuries.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:40 PM

93,201 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It makes a statement that South African blacks aren’t concerned with progressing up the social ladder the moral and ethical way.

So South Africa should not be surprised when the “white mans’s investments” start to dry up as a result from this racist policy.

Imagine the outrage in America if blacks were given free land seized by white owners as “reparations” or revenge. Not in a millions years would it happen because no black American currently alive was ever a slave. And the narrative would be “blacks can only obtain things by taking them.”

Being black on this planet means you must do things the right way to achieve success, or society will just look at you like a reverse racism, affirmative action, racial quota, government handout charity case that needs white people for advancement.
The first line is ironic and the 3rd segment doesn't make sense given the situation in SA.

Old 09-04-2018, 02:20 PM

910 posts, read 1,081,634 times
Quote:
...for no reason other than we and the generations after us have to live on this land. Who destroys something just so other people won't have an opportunity to use it? Wow.

This property belongs to the owner. They paid for it. Unless they are purchasing it through a bank loan, they have the right to dispose of it how they wish. If they are making payments on it, I would call the bank and have them repo the equipment, so at least they will get a partial return on their investment.

Other than that, I wouldn't leave anything functional behind.

I made the statement that the whites should leave not because I feel that the SA government is right. It is because we all know how this will end.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:17 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,815,365 times
Years ago I predicted what seems to be the train-wreck that SA is becoming.
I figured it would have happened sooner, but later doesn't make it any better.
Chaos, violence, hunger, despair await this sad land.
It doesn't require a crystal ball.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:09 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,531,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidShepherd View Post
Try read history that was NOT written by the ANC. If there was a democratic election pretty much any time prior to the one that happened South Africa would be a communist state today. Its pretty much heading that way now but there was a behind the scenes negotiation to ensure, or at least try, that this did not happen.
I do not read anything written by the ANC whereas clearly all you read is what the apologists for apartheid told you.

It was evident since the early 60s that apartheid was wrong yet it is only when even the USA and the UK began to mount boycotts that the South African gov't decided to end this. Even you cannot be naïve.

But continue and maybe one day the EFF will be winning elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa