U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2018, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Meredith NH
1,563 posts, read 2,290,855 times
Reputation: 2839

Advertisements

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...072711604.html


Looks like South Africa is heading down the same road as Zimbabwe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2018, 09:07 AM
 
1,831 posts, read 2,135,159 times
Reputation: 2602
The Black had decades learning what they hated about their system. Then today they do the same things only reverse. Does this make a statement about Blacks and does this have a warning for the USA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 AM
 
1,316 posts, read 2,031,763 times
Reputation: 1132
If they go down this path, then it's unlikely to end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2018, 11:46 AM
 
5,823 posts, read 10,149,308 times
Reputation: 4531
There is also the tragedy of "plaasmorde" (farm murders), completely shut up by the mainstream medias :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bDc7FfItk&t=1337s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2018, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,527 posts, read 3,070,266 times
Reputation: 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
The Black had decades learning what they hated about their system. Then today they do the same things only reverse. Does this make a statement about Blacks and does this have a warning for the USA?
Yeah because taking back land that never belonged to the people who are on it now is definitely the same as forcibly removing black Africans and forcing them into open air prisons guarded by the military and using them as cheap labor. Definitely the same thing. I don’t agree with government ownership of land, but obviously something has to happen and it’s going to because the majority of people agree with land reclamation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
6,105 posts, read 1,826,234 times
Reputation: 8668
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
The Black had decades learning what they hated about their system. Then today they do the same things only reverse. Does this make a statement about Blacks and does this have a warning for the USA?
It makes a statement that South African blacks aren’t concerned with progressing up the social ladder the moral and ethical way.

So South Africa should not be surprised when the “white mans’s investments” start to dry up as a result from this racist policy.

Imagine the outrage in America if blacks were given free land seized by white owners as “reparations” or revenge. Not in a millions years would it happen because no black American currently alive was ever a slave. And the narrative would be “blacks can only obtain things by taking them.”

Being black on this planet means you must do things the right way to achieve success, or society will just look at you like a reverse racism, affirmative action, racial quota, government handout charity case that needs white people for advancement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 01:46 AM
 
234 posts, read 91,941 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
There is also the tragedy of "plaasmorde" (farm murders), completely shut up by the mainstream medias :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bDc7FfItk&t=1337s
Yet that documentary looks into the Whites living in shanty towns but it ignores the majority of people living in poverty which are the Blacks. It, not a balanced report and there is not what the average black person is living through in that conditions. I am sure the White farmers have hired black workers, and I not heard anything from them in the documentary. Sure it a tragedy for White farmers that are beaten up and killed but it left out other things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2018, 05:09 PM
 
1,098 posts, read 398,901 times
Reputation: 1567
Not much talk in here about S.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2018, 03:13 AM
 
5,823 posts, read 10,149,308 times
Reputation: 4531
Default you know what ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Not much talk in here about S.A.

If you are interested by the fate of SA Blacks, watch all the mainstream medias, or liberal medias, you will have an abundance of "information", however these medias are not interested in the plight of non -Black South Africans , which still represent (including Asians and mixed-race) an important minority (I believe the Liberals are very keen to defend minorities, don't they?). And even among the Blacks, not all of them agree with ANC/EFF policies. And the Zulus, or the Suthus, or the Khoisans (Cape aboriginals)don't really see eye to eye with the majority Xhosas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2018, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Ireland
43 posts, read 23,899 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Yeah because taking back land that never belonged to the people who are on it now is definitely the same as forcibly removing black Africans and forcing them into open air prisons guarded by the military and using them as cheap labor. Definitely the same thing. I don’t agree with government ownership of land, but obviously something has to happen and it’s going to because the majority of people agree with land reclamation.
Who are you referring to when you say "taking back land that never belonged to the people who are on it now"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top