Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 12:25 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itVIZAAiCIk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 12:57 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
I have a relative who went to Gabon numerous times and was treated with this and swears it works really well. He has since opened up a business in Canada offering Iboga weekend retreats. The process is taught by Bwiti shamans there is a spiritual component.

Last edited by AFP; 10-12-2018 at 01:08 AM..

Old 10-12-2018, 01:12 AM
AFP

This is big business in Costa Rica some information on these retreats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR9P7ksKktM

Old 10-12-2018, 08:21 AM

I've never heard of that one. Sounds like Europeans and Africans know it well.

I like the concept that you are in the spirit world by ingesting it.

The big one that I always hear about is "Ayahuasca" in Peru. There is an entire tourism industry growing centered around that one: Psychedelic tourism thrives in Peru despite recent killing - Chicago Tribune

Old 10-12-2018, 11:05 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I've never heard of that one. Sounds like Europeans and Africans know it well.

I like the concept that you are in the spirit world by ingesting it.

The big one that I always hear about is "Ayahuasca" in Peru. There is an entire tourism industry growing centered around that one: Psychedelic tourism thrives in Peru despite recent killing - Chicago Tribune

It's totally unregulated so it's pretty much buyer beware I'm sure there are unscrupulous people trying to cash in. Ayahuasca is a have some different effects than Igoba though. The people who ingest it are totally at the mercy of the shamans.

I've checked into this a little bit and there certainly seems to be something there but the big drug companies I'm sure will do there best to shut it down and cast shadow on it. I like that in Gabon the pygymies are the one's reputed to have the most knowledge about Iboga. Anyway the tourism aspect is new but this plant I suspect probably has been used for thousands of years by the pygymies. I'm in the medical field and I don't trust these pharmaceutical companies one bit they're all about profit that's their priority I don't trust them. I certainly would not disregard Iboga completely.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Ayahuasca is a have some different effects than Igoba though.
What are the differences? I know nothing about Igoba, although I'll start researching more about it soon enough.

Ayahuasca is said to confront yourself. Just complete naked awareness of all of your pain you've caused, your faults, your flaws, and just wham! And you have to deal with it. (That's what little I've been expressed to about it anyway)

Old 10-12-2018, 11:55 AM
AFP

Quote:
What are the differences? I know nothing about Igoba, although I'll start researching more about it soon enough.

Ayahuasca is said to confront yourself. Just complete naked awareness of all of your pain you've caused, your faults, your flaws, and just wham! And you have to deal with it. (That's what little I've been expressed to about it anyway)
Iboga from the little research I've done is about healing wounds and learning to cope with the inner critic. It's about asking specific questions and being guided by the spirit guides they are thought to be everywhere and apparently the visions are more intense in the African jungle. Apparently it's really intense lots of stuff stored in the sub-conscience comes to the forefront in detail and you relieve the experiences it feels real but the spirit guides are supposedly there to help you make sense of it all so you can heal and move on. Seems really cool but I'm a skeptic.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Iboga from the little research I've done is about healing wounds and learning to cope with the inner critic. It's about asking specific questions and being guided by the spirit guides they are thought to be everywhere and apparently the visions are more intense in the African jungle. Apparently it's really intense lots of stuff stored in the sub-conscience comes to the forefront in detail and you relieve the experiences it feels real but the spirit guides are supposedly there to help you make sense of it all so you can heal and move on. Seems really cool but I'm a skeptic.
That sounds similar to what I know about Ayahuasca. I'll have to read more about both of them.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:08 PM

2,365 posts, read 1,850,107 times
Quote:

The two are very different. While ayahuasca is a powerful drug which does present the effects you describe, this aspect of self evaluation and self purification is psychological more akin something like mescaline or acid.

Igoba is a much more physically overpowering experience. The most notable aspect is paralysis, something that can be extremely disarming and challenging condition even for those feel prepared for it. The duration can also be challenging up to 24 hours in length.

The most important difference is in therapeutic value. Many believe and attest to the fact that ibogaine can rewire the brain and cure physical addiction. Physical addictions cause divitts in the mental receptors in the shape of particular molecules of addiction. Without a fix the person is incapable of normal functioning which is why a tapered administration is essential to safe recovery (eg methadone).

Ibogaine is known to treat and remove these divitts permanently which leads to its incredible acclaim in the field of treating addiction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa