U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 01:42 PM

4,434 posts, read 4,419,671 times

Advertisements

Anyways the problem with these DNA test they are misleading.

While these DNA test do show an ancestral lineage, it just one lineage, during slavery slaves mixed other African ethnic groups. And after slavery black Americans started mixing with other black Americans who are likely also mix between different African groups.

If your ancestry is through the slave trade the odds of some how being just one African ethnicity is extremely slim, your a west/central African mix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 03:04 PM

3,774 posts, read 2,037,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Comment above is 100% false. And extremely disrespectful to your own ancestors if your black, denying the trans Atlantic slave trade is like denying the holocaust.
White people are always trying to tell black people about themselves when the vast majority of you have NO real contact with blacks in real life. Stick to your false reality and I'll stick with true reality. I have books with quotes from the diaries of people who explored this land. Do you know that natives were shipped FROM America to the Caribbean because they were prisoners of war? Do you know anything about the conflicts the Europeans started between native tribes, which was just a ploy to steal the land? Which they were successful doing and still do today.

I don't allow colonizers to tell me about myself or my history. Go read a book.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:56 PM

23,429 posts, read 28,280,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Blacks have been in America loooooong before the 17th century. Where do you think all that free labor came from? You think Europe had the money to bring thousands of slaves from Africa to the Americas, keep them fed the entire time, make sure they stayed alive, then wait for then to have babies (which may or may not have lived full term) to keep the whole operation going? Silly rabbit......

https://blackpast.org/timelines/afri...-timeline-1600

Facts concerning the arrival of Africans in the New World. Just a few:

1494 The first Africans arrive in Hispaniola with Christopher Columbus. They are free persons.
1511 The first enslaved Africans arrive in Hispaniola.
1518 The first shipload of enslaved Africans directly from Africa arrives in the West Indies. Prior to this time,
Africans were brought first to Europe.
1526 Spanish colonists led by Lucas Vasquez de Ayllon build the community of San Miguel de Guadape in what is now Georgia. They bring along enslaved Africans, considered to be the first in the present-day United States. These Africans flee the colony, however, and make their homes with local Indians. After Ayllon's death, the remaining Spaniards relocate to Hispaniola.
1619 Approximately 20 blacks from a Dutch slaver are purchased as indentured workers for the English settlement of Jamestown. These are the first Africans in the English North American colonies.

By the way, slave labor was hardly "free". Slaves were expensive to buy and had to be fed, clothed, and housed.

Some could actually earn money in various ways, even saving enough to buy freedom.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/slave-labour/

How many slaves were brought to North America?

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-ame...ded-in-the-us/

"Between 1525 and 1866, in the entire history of the slave trade to the New World, according to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. 10.7 million survived the dreaded Middle Passage, disembarking in North America, the Caribbean and South America.

And how many of these 10.7 million Africans were shipped directly to North America? Only about 388,000. Thatís right: a tiny percentage."

By the way, a significant number of non-whites in the colonies were free.

https://faculty.weber.edu/kmackay/st...on_slavery.htm

It appears you think that descendants of the earliest African arrivals composed the majority of the later enslaved population. Do you have a source to support that idea?

Old 11-24-2018, 04:50 PM

I know black natives. They weren't allowed on the Dawes rolls. Not only to deny them their land rights but to also make later generations (like us) believe they didn't exist. Or that black people can't be native American. The natives you think are true natives are the mulatto children of Europeans. They're allowed on the rolls to keep land in the hands of whites. Black natives were not allowed to practice their culture, the older generations were killed or shipped off as slaves in other places, and the rest were made to believe they are "African-American". Why do you think native children are stolen from their families and forced to attend schools? To remove them from the people who can pass on their heritage and teach them a new one that will be bred into future generations.

Black people have travelled and created civilizations all over the world. America was no different. These governments will never succeed in completely wiping out all the natives. God will not allow it. They can keep trying, though.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:25 PM

23,429 posts, read 28,280,822 times
Quote:
I know black natives. They weren't allowed on the Dawes rolls. Not only to deny them their land rights but to also make later generations (like us) believe they didn't exist. Or that black people can't be native American. The natives you think are true natives are the mulatto children of Europeans. They're allowed on the rolls to keep land in the hands of whites. Black natives were not allowed to practice their culture, the older generations were killed or shipped off as slaves in other places, and the rest were made to believe they are "African-American". Why do you think native children are stolen from their families and forced to attend schools? To remove them from the people who can pass on their heritage and teach them a new one that will be bred into future generations.

Black people have travelled and created civilizations all over the world. America was no different. These governments will never succeed in completely wiping out all the natives. God will not allow it. They can keep trying, though.
I am puzzled. Could you explain what you mean by "black natives"? Where did they come from if not Africa, because there were those of African heritage, descendants of slaves, who became members of NA tribes. Blacks who were and were not placed on the Dawes rolls came from African heritage.

The Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma generated controversy when it decided that descendants of freed black slaves who had been owned by the Cherokee could no longer be members, a stance that was not upheld by US court.

Slavery in America: The Cherokee Freedmen's Forgotten Fight | Time

Old 11-24-2018, 05:37 PM

I just realized I didn't really answer your question. But I can't really provide proof because a lot of the history is oral, and they worked hard not to document black natives. This is so they could be easily erased. But early Chickasaws and Choctaws took sides in the Europeans' fight with each other. Choctaw and Chickasaw were sibling nations.

I don't know much about the Cherokee but I'm really starting to think they were created to give European descendants land rights. That's just a theory. I'm not familiar with their history.

ETA: Everyone traces origins to Africa. Even white people. My point is that all current black Americans are NOT just descendants of the documented slave trade. Many of them were here BEFORE Europeans landed. They came on their own free will and lived in peace until the invaders came.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:51 PM

I haven't researched much about the Seminoles, but I think they'd get you closer to the origins of black Native Americans. They seemed to retain more of that heritage. Florida was kind of like a haven for blacks back then...and now that I think about it, if the Chickasaws and Choctaws were being persecuted then it makes sense for them to take refuge with the Seminoles. This could also explain why Florida is so effed up today. There is RICH history there.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:08 PM

6,565 posts, read 9,075,911 times
Quote:

My point is that all current black Americans are NOT just descendants of the documented slave trade. Many of them were here BEFORE Europeans landed. They came on their own free will and lived in peace until the invaders came.
1. If Blacks are indigenous to North America then how did they get here? Some say through Pangea when all the continents were connected. Pangea was 200 million years ago. There were no people yet 200 million years ago during the time of Pangea. So Pangea can't explain any Black aboriginality to North America.

2. Some people point to the Olmec heads as representing pre-Columbian Black people. Those heads only share a superficial resemblance to Black people. Those stone heads are depicting Mexican Amerindian mongoloid people.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRkaAJECW3k

Old 11-24-2018, 08:21 PM

6,565 posts, read 9,075,911 times
Black-Americans became associated with the Five Civilized tribes through slavery. Not because Blacks were original pre-Columbian members of those tribes.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQkmM041P4

Old 11-24-2018, 08:56 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,240,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Black-Americans became associated with the Five Civilized tribes through slavery. Not because Blacks were original pre-Columbian members of those tribes.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQkmM041P4
Why are they fighting to be members of the Cherokee tribe the tribe doesn't want them? It's not much different than the white southern plantation owners that owned slaves they fathered children with their slaves but those children were considered slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or