U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 08:20 PM

23,411 posts, read 28,257,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Listen. Black people are the original people. We descend from the tribes in the Bible. So technically, we have moved all over. And we have family all over. These states, and these countries in Africa, are a European construction. They created imaginary borders and divisions. It's What they're good at.

I didn't want to go there but you keep trying to get me to admit my folks came from Africa, and I'm just not going to do that simply because you can't accept that descendants of Europeans are squatting on our land. I am indigenous to America until proven otherwise...to the dismay of the colonizers' children who want to believe my people are inferior.
Sure, states and countries are political constructs. However, DNA can tell us that ancestors came from geographic areas that are now called by a country's name. That is just a convenient way of doing it.

Who here is saying anything about inferiority? If anything, your refusal to accept African ancestors implies that you think Africans are inferior.

I am just as indigenous to America as you are. I was born here, too, as were many generations before me, a fact that I was really amazed to discover, since I thought those ancestors were probably going to be much more recent arrivals. My more distant ancestors came from Europe. Odds are so did about one in four or one in five of yours. That would make you the child of colonizers, too, would it not? About one in four of your ancestors would have come from Africa in the last 400 years ago, and, if your family lore is correct, you will find some percentage of truly indigenous - Native American - admixture.

Do the DNA and let it speak for itself. The only reason you refuse to do so is that it will destroy the narrative you want to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 08:22 PM

3,774 posts, read 2,034,852 times
Spain and Portugal were obviously able to get more of a stronghold in Latin America, and it's clear they were a lot more successful brainwashing their subjects. They were able to "whiten" the population so of course people who descend from them would show more Native American DNA. They are on the whole "white" and therefore it is acceptable for them to be identified as Native American, because the powers that be want you to equate Native Americanness with European and whiteness. My educated guess is that any black American showing Native Amrican DNA in these commercial tests probably has ties to Louisiana, Florida and Texas. Also remember that Texas was once a part of Mexico. It's actually funny that we are trying to keep them out because what they're really doing is returning home. We know Mexicans have more indigenous blood. Again it goes back to who colonized the area.

South Carolina blacks retain more African blood because they kicked out the Indian slaves and sent them north and to the islands. The ones that stayed got absorbed into other tribes, Like the Lumbee. These native slaves were too rebellious (hmmm...wonder why) and were making it difficult for the colonizers, so they got people from Africa who didn't know the land, thus would have a harder time escaping. Makes sense to me!

The major reason these "black" Native American tribes are not recognized, despite retaining their customs like the "white" natives, is because to admit they are native would open a door America wants to keep shut. Having their DNA in a database as "Native American" would link most AAs to America as indigenous people. That opens the door for a nice reparations lawsuit, and we certainly can't have that. So we just pretend they don't exist, call them "black" and say all blacks came from Africa. If you don't think this is your native land you will go searching elsewhere and might even leave...so nobody ever has to worry about you trying to get reparations.

Our reparations will be divine. In the meantime, for any blacks listening, wake up to the lie and don't let these people discourage you from finding and claiming your true history.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:46 PM

112 posts, read 28,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Please start your own thread. This has nothing to do with the OP.
Hi, everyone I just wanted to post a comment from someone that was disrespectful. This user suzy_q2010 had no intentions of hearing what I was trying to say, now it seems she wanted to stand behind her beliefs and stated this:
suzy_q2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKite
suzy_q2010 :No more DMs, please. I really am not interested in your fantasy.

It's also pretty racist and prejudice of this member to say my heritage and ancestry is fantasy. If I said i was Nigerian or Kenyan I bet she wouldn't have stated that. her calling my ancestry a fantasy shows how ignorant some people are. This user: suzy_q2010 is a rude and prejudice user who seems to be Afro-centric to say my European ancestry doesn't matter and it's not who I am. Saying someones ancestry and heritage a fantasy is definitely prejudice.

This user called suzy_q2010 has also stated that I'm making myself look silly because I claim my Portuguese ancestry. Making prejudice remarks is very disrespectful. The appropriate comment to make would be like" I agree to disagree" but clearly this no adult but a immature afro-centric bigot.

Last edited by AzureKite; 12-02-2018 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Spain and Portugal were obviously able to get more of a stronghold in Latin America, and it's clear they were a lot more successful brainwashing their subjects. They were able to "whiten" the population so of course people who descend from them would show more Native American DNA. They are on the whole "white" and therefore it is acceptable for them to be identified as Native American, because the powers that be want you to equate Native Americanness with European and whiteness. My educated guess is that any black American showing Native Amrican DNA in these commercial tests probably has ties to Louisiana, Florida and Texas. Also remember that Texas was once a part of Mexico. It's actually funny that we are trying to keep them out because what they're really doing is returning home. We know Mexicans have more indigenous blood. Again it goes back to who colonized the area.

South Carolina blacks retain more African blood because they kicked out the Indian slaves and sent them north and to the islands. The ones that stayed got absorbed into other tribes, Like the Lumbee. These native slaves were too rebellious (hmmm...wonder why) and were making it difficult for the colonizers, so they got people from Africa who didn't know the land, thus would have a harder time escaping. Makes sense to me!

The major reason these "black" Native American tribes are not recognized, despite retaining their customs like the "white" natives, is because to admit they are native would open a door America wants to keep shut. Having their DNA in a database as "Native American" would link most AAs to America as indigenous people. That opens the door for a nice reparations lawsuit, and we certainly can't have that. So we just pretend they don't exist, call them "black" and say all blacks came from Africa. If you don't think this is your native land you will go searching elsewhere and might even leave...so nobody ever has to worry about you trying to get reparations.

Our reparations will be divine. In the meantime, for any blacks listening, wake up to the lie and don't let these people discourage you from finding and claiming your true history.
How on earth would more European admixture increase the amount of Native American admixture? That makes no sense at all.

Which "powers that be" want to "equate Native Americanness with European and whiteness"?

Anyone, black or white, with significant Native American DNA admixture had to have ancestors who lived in proximity to Native Americans. See here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289685/

"We estimate that initial admixture between Europeans and Native Americans occurred 12 generations ago, followed by subsequent African admixture 6 generations ago, consistent with other admixture inference methods dating African American admixture. A sex bias in African American ancestry, with greater male European and female African contributions, has been suggested through mtDNA, Y chromosome, and autosomal studies. On average, across African Americans, we estimate that the X chromosome has a 5% increase in African ancestry and 18% reduction in European ancestry relative to genome-wide estimates (see Table 1). Through comparison of estimates of X chromosome and genome-wide African and European ancestry proportions, we estimate that approximately 5% of ancestors of African Americans were European females and 19% were European males."

"Though mean estimates of Native American ancestry are low, many African Americans carry detectable levels of Native American ancestry. Consistent with historical narratives and family histories, our estimate suggests that one in every five African Americans carries Native American ancestry, a higher rate than we detected in self-reported European Americans. An individual that carries more than 1% Native American ancestry can arise from one genetically Native American ancestor within the last 11 or so generations, or multiple genealogical Native American ancestors (for discussion, see “How Many Genetic Ancestors Do I Have?” online). Oklahoma shows the highest proportion of African Americans with substantial Native American ancestry, where more than 14% of African Americans from Oklahoma carry at least 2% Native American ancestry (Figures 1B and S2). Oklahoma was the site of contact between Native Americans and African Americans after the Trail of Tears migration in the 1830s, where black slaves comprised a significant part of the population in the 1860s (according to the US 1860 Census), and the location of the slave-holding 'Five Civilized Tribes.' In contrast, we do not observe higher rates of Native American ancestry in African Americans in Florida, which is potentially notable in light of the known history of Seminole intermarriage with blacks according to the 1860 US Census (information available online)."

Your "educated guess" is wrong.

"Black Native Americans" identify with the Native American tribes they have been historically associated with. They may not even carry any Native American DNA, because they are descended from freed slaves that were owned by NAs and not all of the freedmen intermarried with NAs.

Good luck with the reparations thing.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:08 PM

Rude message from suzy_q2010

Quote:
Please start your own thread. This has nothing to do with the OP.
Hi, everyone I just wanted to post a comment from someone that was disrespectful. This user suzy_q2010 had no intentions of hearing what I was trying to say, now it seems she wanted to stand behind her beliefs and stated this:
suzy_q2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKite
suzy_q2010 :No more DMs, please. I really am not interested in your fantasy.

It's also pretty racist and prejudice of this member to say my heritage and ancestry is fantasy. If I said i was Nigerian or Kenyan I bet she wouldn't have stated that. her calling my ancestry a fantasy shows how ignorant some people are. This user: suzy_q2010 is a rude and prejudice user who seems to be Afro-centric to say my European ancestry doesn't matter and it's not who I am. Saying someones ancestry and heritage a fantasy is definitely prejudice.

This user called suzy_q2010 has also stated that I'm making myself look silly because I claim my Portuguese ancestry. Making prejudice remarks is very disrespectful. The appropriate comment to make would be like" I agree to disagree" but clearly this no adult but a immature afro-centric bigot.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I am just as indigenous to America as you are. I was born here, too, as were many generations before me, a fact that I was really amazed to discover, since I thought those ancestors were probably going to be much more recent arrivals. My more distant ancestors came from Europe.
I actually agree with you here. And that's my point. You are white, right? So you probably have Native American ancestry too. It's funny looking at GA in your profile. I was looking up some info on Jimmy Carter (prompted by Bush's passing) and I don't know what made me do it, but I went clicking through his mother's lineage after seeing a picture of her. Something about her said "Native American" to me. I found some site online going through his lineage and I kept clicking, clicking, clicking trying to figure out when I was going to get to Europe. I think I stopped before I got there. Some of the GA towns his mom's people are from have Native American names. He is related to Berry Gordy on his mom's side, who is black. Her Wiki says she treated blacks like whites. They entered the front door of their house, were entertained in her home like white guests. She said she got it from her father. The wiki notes it was "unheard of" during that day. And they were right. But I'd bet money that her family was Native American. They were just able to pass as white, and she was so nice to her "black" friends because she knew they were also Native American. It wasn't socially acceptable for them to mix but she kept the kinship alive.

I don't have the time to dig up info on Jimmy Carter's family, but I'm sure I'm right about this. All I'm saying is, we are a lot closer than we think. Race was created to divide people so only a few can benefit, but we're starting to get away from these old ways.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I actually agree with you here. And that's my point. You are white, right? So you probably have Native American ancestry too. It's funny looking at GA in your profile. I was looking up some info on Jimmy Carter (prompted by Bush's passing) and I don't know what made me do it, but I went clicking through his mother's lineage after seeing a picture of her. Something about her said "Native American" to me. I found some site online going through his lineage and I kept clicking, clicking, clicking trying to figure out when I was going to get to Europe. I think I stopped before I got there. Some of the GA towns his mom's people are from have Native American names. He is related to Berry Gordy on his mom's side, who is black. Her Wiki says she treated blacks like whites. They entered the front door of their house, were entertained in her home like white guests. She said she got it from her father. The wiki notes it was "unheard of" during that day. And they were right. But I'd bet money that her family was Native American. They were just able to pass as white, and she was so nice to her "black" friends because she knew they were also Native American. It wasn't socially acceptable for them to mix but she kept the kinship alive.

I don't have the time to dig up info on Jimmy Carter's family, but I'm sure I'm right about this. All I'm saying is, we are a lot closer than we think. Race was created to divide people so only a few can benefit, but we're starting to get away from these old ways.
How come you;re ignoring my message that was above your comment?

Old 12-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Were you talking to me? So much is going on in this thread. I can't keep up with everyone.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Were you talking to me? So much is going on in this thread. I can't keep up with everyone.
IS there a reason why you don't want to respond? I'm sure you read my meesage about your friend suzy

Old 12-03-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:

No, I have no identifiable Native Americans in my family tree and no NA shows up in my DNA.

The speculation in this post is just mind boggling.

I cannot find any online genealogy for Mrs. Carter that mentions any native ancestors. Mrs. Carter was a social activist. It had nothing to do with her family being NA and "passing for white".

A lot of Georgia towns have Native American names because they are in what was originally NA land. I live on what was originally NA land. It does not mean all the inhabitants are NA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or