U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-05-2018, 01:54 PM
AFP
 
6,898 posts, read 4,249,541 times
Reputation: 5878

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
....yet still no mention of the report. You want me to summarize the report so you can attack me and my views instead of the objective data produced by someone knowledgeable in their field...who has no reason to promote a view in opposition to convential knowledge.

Transparent and cute. Pose your questions to the scientists. I guess it's easier to attack low-hanging fruit. I don't conduct scientific research, but I can put forth theories by analyzing the results. Theories that you don't have to agree with. Isn't America grand?



Nope, rather an opportunity to clarify yourself.


I was wondering exactly how you figured the results supported you theories with some detail.


should I assume you're a mind reader and have figured out my motives for the questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2018, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,453 posts, read 28,322,096 times
Reputation: 29049
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Encoded in your DNA is every place your ancestors have been, ergo, AAs will show diversity in their DNA. Because. their. ancestors. have. been. on. earth. since. the. beginning. of. time.

The only problem with that is they aren't comparing your DNA to ancient DNA. They are using DNA from a much younger person (likely because Europeans are only about 6,000 years old and they want to continue to promote European superiority.). So your argument doesn't work to explain why AAs have such diversity in their DNA when many continental Africans do not (likely because they don't migrate like AA's ancestors). AAs are said to have diverse DNA because they are mixed with Europeans, but actually it's because they descend from the original people.
All of us have a most recent common ancestor that goes back several hundred thousand years. The researchers are still working on when.

Nope. You do not have DNA from every ancestor you ever had. The more generations you go back, the greater the probability that you inherited no DNA at all from a particular ancestor.

Europe has been populated more like 45,000 years, not 6,000.

Africans do have more genetic diversity, and so do African Americans, because their ancestors are from Africa. Mixing with Europeans would decrease diversity, not increase it. Diversity decreases the further you get from the geographic location of the founding population, because people who live close to where their ancestors did maintain that diversity.

More or less diversity does not imply any genetic superiority at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Hey guys! You aren't going to change my views on this.
Maybe not, but we can challenge the interpretation of the data that you are using to support your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
The information in your link has been challenged based on the methodology used. I also do not see how you think it supports your thesis.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ejhg2013303

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
On and another thing. I can't remember who asked me about Dr. Welsing, but in light of that report, her views make a lot more sense. Some people thought she was radical (unfortunately going against mainstream thought makes you radical), but her point was that so-called "white" people feared genetic annihilation. Taking that into consideration, a lot of things make sense. Why black men are targeted (an attempt to exterminate the gene pool) and those who aren't are encouraged to date outside their race. Which means their genetic material is being transferred to the "white" mother so her DNA can continue to exist. I don't go strictly by science. I believe in spirituality as well, and while I don't know if spiritual conflicts are played out and then manifested here, it would make sense for those spiritual entities that would otherwise die without hosts continue to attach themselves to a people whose spirituality may live on.

None of this stuff is coincidental, folks. To circle back to the topic...this is why blacks do not present as native in these DNA tests. The base sample isn't coming from someone with ancient DNA. To use a person like that would tell a story that many aren't ready to receive.
Blacks do not present as NA because their ancestors came from Africa, not North America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 03:17 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,042,891 times
Reputation: 5213
Maybe you don't have DNA from every ancestor you've had. I do. No way some of the skills I have just popped out of nowhere. It's encoded in my DNA and gets "unlocked". I have access to information that could have only come from that place. I don't expect a science-focused people to understand that.

As always, the discussion is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 03:48 PM
AFP
 
6,898 posts, read 4,249,541 times
Reputation: 5878
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Maybe you don't have DNA from every ancestor you've had. I do. No way some of the skills I have just popped out of nowhere. It's encoded in my DNA and gets "unlocked". I have access to information that could have only come from that place. I don't expect a science-focused people to understand that.

As always, the discussion is appreciated.
This is delusional thinking, you have inherited 50% of your biological mother's autosomal DNA and 50% of your biological father's autosomal DNA.(This means you have not inherited a lot of DNA from either one of your parents don't share a lot of their autosomal DNA. Sorry you are making outlandish claims not based on facts. You also may want to read up on genetic recombination before you making such silly claims. You don't expect science based people to understand science do you? This is getting more entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 04:05 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,042,891 times
Reputation: 5213
Both of my parents are African-American, which means they descend from indigenous people. I have been able to trace my lineage a few generations and have only found one possible European ancestor. The rest are black. One ancestor in particular was described as "dark" in records yet on a census was found to be white and mulatto. Not sure how you can be "dark" and white at the same time. Oops! My badd. You can be dark and white! Ask some our immigrant brothers and sisters about that.

Both sides of my family were property owners and both played this musical chairs game with the census. It's starting to look like it was done to keep property in the family after the Civil War or at least make it harder to confiscate. I will trust my grandmother's words and my own research before I let a bunch of people who refuse to entertain different views tell me who I am. That would make me foolish.

People are waking up to the lies and times are changing. Get with it, or get left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,453 posts, read 28,322,096 times
Reputation: 29049
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Maybe you don't have DNA from every ancestor you've had. I do.
That is physically impossible.

https://dna-explained.com/2017/06/27...hem-is-in-you/

"Everyone inherits 50% of their DNA from their parents, but not everyone inherits half of each of their ancestors’ DNA from a parent. Sometimes, the child will inherit all of a segment of DNA from an ancestor, and in other cases, the child will inherit none. In some cases, they will inherit half or a portion of the DNA from an ancestor. In reality, the DNA segments are very seldom divided exactly in half, but all we can deal with are averages when discussing how much DNA you “should” receive from an ancestor, based on where they are in your tree.

The generational relationship chart above represents the average that you will inherit from each of those ancestors. Of course, few people are actually average, and you may not be either. In other words, your ancestor’s DNA may not be detectable at 5, 6 or 7 generations, because it was lost in generations between them and you, while another ancestor’s DNA is still present in detectable amounts at 8 or 9 generations."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,453 posts, read 28,322,096 times
Reputation: 29049
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Both of my parents are African-American, which means they descend from indigenous people.
No, it means they descend from Africans, and so do you. Odds are about 25% of your DNA is European and possibly a small amount NA (which is indigenous).

If you were descended from indigenous people of North America, you would be Native American, not African American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 04:48 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,042,891 times
Reputation: 5213
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you were descended from indigenous people of North America, you would be Native American, not African American.

No, I'm African-American because that's what the government reclassified me as. At some point I would have been "Black", then "Negro", then "Colored". One must ask themselves why so-called "African-Americans" get the distinct honor of being renamed every few decades. It's to lose us in time and drive home the slave narrative so we don't claim what's ours. Twice now I've found so-called "black" relatives in censuses that pre-date 1870. I was able to find them because I'm good at research. But if you believe your people came from slaves then you wouldn't even think to look in records prior to 1870. As I've mentioned twice now, I have relatives who were classified as "white" and then later "black". How the heck does that happen? I can see going from "white" to "mulatto", but black? Perhaps it's because the government knew the end game and it was a way to give our land to another people. That explains some of these white households with names that are basically identical to black households. Then after they take our land, the change our name.


Why haven't white people had their name changed? Why can't you be "Blanco" or "Non-colored"? Why do you get to be "white" throughout America's history and I don't get to keep a standard name? Because your folks stole our land and don't want us to figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 05:33 PM
 
5,300 posts, read 3,333,319 times
Reputation: 6483
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Why haven't white people had their name changed? Why can't you be "Blanco" or "Non-colored"? Why do you get to be "white" throughout America's history and I don't get to keep a standard name? Because your folks stole our land and don't want us to figure it out.
My ancestor's name changed and I'm white as a ghost, it went from Szeliga to Seliga. I kind of like have the "z" in my last name, not too many people have that in their last name! Many European immigrants "off the boat" had their names changed, many. Being mostly Eastern European, if you go through my parents and grandparents cemetery back home, so many of the names were made "easier" to pronounce, instead of having 4 to 5 constants together.

As for transcription errors, I have looked at probably over 1000 documents building my family tree and so many times dates are wrong, names are butchered or completely wrong, letters added, letters erased, birth states/countries totally wrong, who knows what happened and what the person doing the recording was thinking. I would say up to 30-40% have errors.

Case in point, we believe my great-grandmother, who was born in Poland had a last name of Brzoz (it could have been shortened from Brzozowski). Anyways, on her death certificate (1953), it read her Dad's name was John Brzoz, OK good so far. On the birth certificate (1910) of one of her children it read Wrzos, I guess kind of close to Brzoz. On my grandfather's marriage certificate (1934), it gave her maiden name as Worste?

And this is just from 1910 to 1953, it's not like we are talking about records from the 1800's, 1700's and 1600's. If you think blacks have bad records, just look at the records of immigrants from Eastern Europe!

I don't even think the records of the Welsh/British going back a 1000 years are perfect, far from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,042,891 times
Reputation: 5213
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
My ancestor's name changed and I'm white as a ghost, it went from Szeliga to Seliga.

I misspoke. Someone tell me when "white" people were something other than "white" (aside from maybe when they first got here). When blacks were named "Negro" you guys should have been named "Blanco" and when we were "Colored" you should have been "Non-colored". And when we got around to "African-American" how come you guys weren't "European-American"? Someone please explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top