U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-06-2018, 11:56 AM
AFP
 
6,898 posts, read 4,232,517 times
Reputation: 5878

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
...but you're still reading my posts, aren't you? Seems like you love wacko ideology. I should be on ignore by now, but I'm not. Your personal attacks say more about you than me.

I like to figure out how people's minds are wired. I've attacked your thoughts and opinions and beliefs which is different than a personal attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2018, 12:11 PM
 
5,271 posts, read 3,313,639 times
Reputation: 6434
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I like to figure out how people's minds are wired. I've attacked your thoughts and opinions and beliefs which is different than a personal attack.
Same, it's like watching a trainwreck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 12:16 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,033,149 times
Reputation: 5210
Riiiiiight. You all are still watching because a tiny part of you isn't sure if I'm right, and that worries and frightens you. At least you're getting the information. That's all that matters. Everyone's path to understanding is different. Some of you will realize the truth a little later. You'll reflect back to things you read here and will connect the dots. Others will remain in darkness. You can never bring everyone with you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 01:07 PM
AFP
 
6,898 posts, read 4,232,517 times
Reputation: 5878
[quote=treemoni;53817527]Riiiiiight. You all are still watching because a tiny part of you isn't sure if I'm right, and that worries and frightens you. At least you're getting the information. That's all that matters. Everyone's path to understanding is different. Some of you will realize the truth a little later. You'll reflect back to things you read here and will connect the dots. Others will remain in darkness. You can never bring everyone with you...[/quote]

1. Nope


2. Nope 2+2 doesn't add up to 5


3. So you have some special insight that will bring the world out of darkness and this relates to the DNA of Black Americans? Gotcha! This must be an earth shattering revelation! I've lost interest I've heard this one before.


You've lost all credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,400 posts, read 28,242,738 times
Reputation: 28974
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Riiiiiight. You all are still watching because a tiny part of you isn't sure if I'm right, and that worries and frightens you. At least you're getting the information. That's all that matters. Everyone's path to understanding is different. Some of you will realize the truth a little later. You'll reflect back to things you read here and will connect the dots. Others will remain in darkness. You can never bring everyone with you...
1. Nope


2. Nope 2+2 doesn't add up to 5


3. So you have some special insight that will bring the world out of darkness and this relates to the DNA of Black Americans? Gotcha! This must be an earth shattering revelation! I've lost interest I've heard this one before.


You've lost all credibility.
Also, this is from a person who refuses to do a personal DNA test, because it would show matches to people in Africa who have no ancestors who ever set foot in North America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 04:26 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,033,149 times
Reputation: 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Also, this is from a person who refuses to do a personal DNA test, because it would show matches to people in Africa who have no ancestors who ever set foot in North America.
Wrong. I've already explained how black Americans went to Africa to colonize Liberia and Sierra Leone. Some of their descendants have returned here. They were born in America and migrated to Africa. Now their DNA is back in America. So there goes your theory.

I know I know. Those black Americans who went to colonize Africa hundreds of years ago were originally African anyway blah blah blah. In that case, so is your "100% European" husband. After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,400 posts, read 28,242,738 times
Reputation: 28974
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Wrong. I've already explained how black Americans went to Africa to colonize Liberia and Sierra Leone. Some of their descendants have returned here. They were born in America and migrated to Africa. Now their DNA is back in America. So there goes your theory.

I know I know. Those black Americans who went to colonize Africa hundreds of years ago were originally African anyway blah blah blah. In that case, so is your "100% European" husband. After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Their DNA may be back in America but there are not many of them and they would not have been able to emigrate back to North America until after Liberia was founded. There would not be many of them, either, and as you say, there DNA would be African because that is where their ancestors came from.

Yep, DH's ancestors came from Europe, many of them coming in the 1800s. That is where his European DNA comes from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 05:13 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,033,149 times
Reputation: 5210
Nope nope nope. All life originated in Africa, right? So if the descendants of those Americans who colonized Liberia and Sierra Leone (their ancestors migrated to Africa in the 1800s just as your husbands ancestors migrated here in the 1800s) are African, according to your logic, then so is your Irish husband. You are evaluating someone's Africanness based on skin color. I'm using your logic - not skin color.

Are the descendants of the Afrikaaners African? Or do they get to be European because their skin is white?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 05:29 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 2,033,149 times
Reputation: 5210
Anyway Suzy, it has been real. I've poked holes in your argument using your own train of thought. Bottom line: in your mind, anyone with black skin is ultimately African and anyone with white skin can claim European ancestry. This is flawed and racist thinking. I encourage you to evaluate your stance. People with your mentality aren't going to fare well in the future.

Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2018, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
23,400 posts, read 28,242,738 times
Reputation: 28974
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Nope nope nope. All life originated in Africa, right? So if the descendants of those Americans who colonized Liberia and Sierra Leone (their ancestors migrated to Africa in the 1800s just as your husbands ancestors migrated here in the 1800s) are African, according to your logic, then so is your Irish husband. You are evaluating someone's Africanness based on skin color. I'm using your logic - not skin color.

Are the descendants of the Afrikaners African? Or do they get to be European because their skin is white?
Your logic is the one that is faulty. DH no longer has any DNA from Africa because genealogical DNA testing does not go back that far.

I base "Africanness" on DNA, not skin color.

Afrikaners have European (Dutch and Huguenot) heritage, so their DNA would reflect that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top