Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 09:19 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Black-Americans became associated with the Five Civilized tribes through slavery. Not because Blacks were original pre-Columbian members of those tribes.
Yes, that is the story America tells you. They don't want you to know they came here, stole land from blacks, enslaved them on their own land and then set it up so the Euopreans' mulatto offspring could benefit. And also so blacks won't know how much they're really owed by this government.

As for how they got here...Africans travelled by ship. Everything Europeans did Africans did first. The Europeans learned from the Africans! You all constantly say how AAs are not like continental Africans. Well, why do you think that is? Simply because people believe we are mixed with European blood? LOL.

It's no coincidence there are pyramids in the places black have been. We have pyramids in America too. We just call them "mounds". There are some in Mississippi. Some in Illinois. And we never hear about them. Why is that? Hmmm.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 10:42 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Anyways the problem with these DNA test they are misleading.

While these DNA test do show an ancestral lineage, it just one lineage, during slavery slaves mixed other African ethnic groups. And after slavery black Americans started mixing with other black Americans who are likely also mix between different African groups.

If your ancestry is through the slave trade the odds of some how being just one African ethnicity is extremely slim, your a west/central African mix.
Every video I've watched concerning people of the African diaspora taking the DNA test has shown their results revealing multiple ancestral lineages, especially African. Just about every African American is generally a mixture of various West/Central African nations or tribes. There's also a degree of Southeastern African lineage as well in many of us. I have yet to come across an African-American that has taken the test get results revealing to be predominately of just one African nationality, let alone a tribe/ethnicity.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:37 AM

Just to give you an idea about what happened in America's early days, here's a site with some photos of members of the Wampanaog tribe. You'll note than they either look like African-Americans, or they look like mulattoes:

ManyHoops.com - Historic photographs of Wampanoag people and places

If you scroll down to the photo of James Mye, you can see he is a black man. He had been an indentured servant but the courts considered his treatment similar to slavery. If you saw this photo by itself, you'd probably assume he was a black man.

There were laws in the Virginia colony that hint at what was occurring during that time. A few that I found interesting:

Quote:
June 1676-ACT I. An act for carrying on a warre against the barbarous Indians.

And bee it further enacted by the authority aforesaid, that all Indians taken in warr be held and accounted slaves dureing life, and if any differences shall arise in cases about plunder or slaves, the cheife commander of the party takeing such slaves or plunder is to be the sole judge thereof to make equall division as hee shall see fit.
A law lumping black slaves in with Native Americans. Remember, the "colored" designation on the census included everyone not considered "white":

Quote:
November 1682-ACT I. An act to repeale a former law making Indians and others ffree.

And be it further enacted by the authority aforesaid that all servants except Turkes and Moores, whilest in amity with his majesty which from and after publication of this act shall be brought or imported into this country, either by sea or land, whether Negroes, Moors, Mollattoes or Indians, who and whose parentage and native country are not christian at the time of their first purchase of such servant by some christian, although afterwards, and before such their importation and bringing into this country, they shall be converted to the christian faith; and all Indians which shall hereafter be sold by our neighbouring Indians, or any other trafiqueing with us as for slaves are hereby adjudged, deemed and taken to be slaves to all intents and purposes, any law, usage or custome to the countrary notwithstanding.
Let's note that "Moores" are dark-skinned people as well. Turks are Asian. So there were a variety of groups in the colonies, which would help explain the look of the people we normally think of when we think "Native American". And finally, here's part of an interview regarding a census of the people in the Virginia colony:

Quote:
1670-Enquiries to the Governor of Virginia from the Lords Commissioners of Foreign Plantations. Answered by Sir William Berkeley in 1671

15. What number of planters, servants and slaves; and how many parishes are there in your plantation?

Answer. We suppose, and I am very sure we do not much miscount, that there is in Virginia above forty thousand persons, men, women, and children, and of which there are two thousand black slaves, six thousand christian servants, for a short time, the rest are born in the country or have come in to settle and seat, in bettering their condition in a growing country.

16. What number of English, Scots, or Irish have for these seven yeares last past come yearly to plant and inhabite within your government; as also what blacks or slaves have been brought in within the said time?

Answer. Yearly, we suppose there comes in, of servants, about fifteen hundred, of which, most are English, few Scotch, and fewer Irish, and not above two or three ships of negroes in seven years.

17. What number of people have yearly died, within your plantation and government for these seven years last past, both whites and blacks?

Answer. All new plantations are, for an age or two, unhealthy, 'till they are thoroughly cleared of wood; but unless we have a particular register office, for the denoting of all that died, I cannot give a particular answer to this query, only this I can say, that there is not often unseasoned hands (as we term them) that die now, whereas heretofore not one of five escaped the first year.
So there you have it, folks. Yes, there were some slaves imported from Africa, but there were also slaves who came by land - Native Americans. And they didn't all look like the mestizo Native Americans we think of when we hear "Indian". They looked like the black people you see today. Notice the guy said there were more than 40k people in Virginia, but there were only two thousand black slaves and six thousand Christians who were only in the colony temporarily. That means thirty-two thousand people were either native to the area or foreigners who settled the land. Immigration wasn't much different today than yesterday. You had to have MONEY to uproot yourself and start a new life. From the interview we see that there weren't many Irish in the colony either. And when they Irish came they were poorer. They were the first "black" people before slaves/slave descendants were placed on the bottom of the caste. Just think: if the colonizers were taking Indians as slaves, why are only African-Americans viewed as slave descendants today? Where are all the former mestizo Native American slaves (in pictures)? This is why the made race categories. To keep black-skinned people on the bottom forever.

Like I mentioned in my other post, yes, there were Africans imported here. But not as many as we are led to believe. A lot of those people came by land because they were already here. As usual, another people hijacked their identity.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:51 AM

For easier access, a Facebook album of the Wampanoag. Looks a lot like black Americans to me...

Old 11-25-2018, 11:23 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
For easier access, a Facebook album of the Wampanoag. Looks a lot like black Americans to me...
Phenotype does not always match genotype but they might be mixed I know the Narrangansett tribe from Rhode Island is.

Read this. Quoted from Wikipedia "We are not negroes, we are the heirs of Ninagrit, and of the great chiefs and warriors of the Narragansetts. Because, when your ancestors stole the negro from Africa and brought him amongst us and made a slave of him, we extended him the hand of friendship, and permitted his blood to be mingled with ours, are we to be called negroes? And to be told that we may be made negro citizens? We claim that while one drop of Indian blood remains in our veins, we are entitled to the rights and privileges guaranteed by your ancestors to ours by solemn treaty, which without a breach of faith you cannot violate.[20]" End Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narragansett_people

Old 11-25-2018, 12:08 PM

Not sure what you think you're proving? They were not "Negroes" because that was the name given to the Africans brought to America at that time. But those "Negroes" had a tribal name in Africa. Just like the Narragansett had a tribal name in their Native land...which is America. But at some point their ancestors were African. Just thousands and thousands of years before the "new" Africans were brought to the colonies.

It's like a European immigrant who arrived in the early 1900s. They might have come from Italy or Ireland...but now they are decidedly American. And thousands of years from now their ancestors will be able to trace their lineage to the "Native Americans" when in reality, they came from Europe. DNA only goes back so far. It doesn't trace origins from the beginning of time. Since the real natives (copper-colored people, which black Americans are) mixed with the continental Africans the the colonizers brought...as well as those who came on their own (people from the fallen African empires, perhaps), of course our blood will trace back to Africa. But they turned the copper-colored natives into "Negroes" and "coloreds" (which was a catch-all for everyone not white) so the descendants wouldn't be able to trace their origins. It's also why they didn't allow slaves to be armed. The Indians were kicking their ass. Look up the Seminole Wars. That lasted a long time. Funny enough, during the period of slavery. There were lots and lots of wars with the Indians. And they depict them as fair-skinned people. But is that accurate? They whitened the Egyptians over time, too...

Old 11-25-2018, 12:42 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,891,093 times
Quote:
Not sure what you think you're proving? They were not "Negroes" because that was the name given to the Africans brought to America at that time. But those "Negroes" had a tribal name in Africa. Just like the Narragansett had a tribal name in their Native land...which is America. But at some point their ancestors were African. Just thousands and thousands of years before the "new" Africans were brought to the colonies.

It's like a European immigrant who arrived in the early 1900s. They might have come from Italy or Ireland...but now they are decidedly American. And thousands of years from now their ancestors will be able to trace their lineage to the "Native Americans" when in reality, they came from Europe. DNA only goes back so far. It doesn't trace origins from the beginning of time. Since the real natives (copper-colored people, which black Americans are) mixed with the continental Africans the the colonizers brought...as well as those who came on their own (people from the fallen African empires, perhaps), of course our blood will trace back to Africa. But they turned the copper-colored natives into "Negroes" and "coloreds" (which was a catch-all for everyone not white) so the descendants wouldn't be able to trace their origins. It's also why they didn't allow slaves to be armed. The Indians were kicking their ass. Look up the Seminole Wars. That lasted a long time. Funny enough, during the period of slavery. There were lots and lots of wars with the Indians. And they depict them as fair-skinned people. But is that accurate? They whitened the Egyptians over time, too...
I have nothing to prove in a recent post you stated quote "I don't allow colonizers to tell me about myself or my history" end quote. But you are doing just that in your posts you are a Black American and have been telling the Native Americans about themselves you're insisting that they are Black and the ridiculous assertion that Black American people originate in the Americas to support this you posted Facebook posts of the Wampanoag stating they look Black to you. I thought it would balance things out a little to get the perspective of an actual Native American. I shared what a Narragansette NA a neighboring tribe of the Wampanoag had to say about the matter of NA's having Negroid phenotype.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:53 PM

Most of what I'm saying here is me putting puzzle pieces together based on limited knowledge. It's a "gut feeling", if you will. But aha! I found a video where two people verify what I'm saying and they actually have primary source material to back things up. Look at God! They show how Indians became "negroes" and white people were able to claim Native American ancestry:

https://youtu.be/y4pmFKvh4HY

I know it's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that black Americans are the ones who are native to this country. Believe what you wish.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:10 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
The aboriginal NAs who were here before the Europeans did indeed have ancient ancestors in Africa. However, so did those Europeans. It seems you are trying to make the aboriginal NAs somehow more "African" than those Europeans. Do you have any anthropological evidence for that?

Quote:
Most of what I'm saying here is me putting puzzle pieces together based on limited knowledge. It's a "gut feeling", if you will. But aha! I found a video where two people verify what I'm saying and they actually have primary source material to back things up. Look at God! They show how Indians became "negroes" and white people were able to claim Native American ancestry:

url]https://youtu.be/y4pmFKvh4HY[/url]
Care to summarize that video or link to some of its "primary source material"?

Quote:
I know it's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that black Americans are the ones who are native to this country. Believe what you wish.
DNA tells us different.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:20 PM

I am not summarizing the video. It's 26 minutes. I posted it for those who want to learn. But I will try to find one quote that was very interesting and came from a government publication.

I'm not trying to make anyone more or less African because you're right. We're all African. I'm wondering when our "white" brothers and sisters realize that and stop persecuting everyone with color in their skin. Maybe you can send them the message?

I'm not getting into a discussion on DNA. I've already addressed why black Indians' blood will trace back to Africa. Believe what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa