U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2019, 06:20 PM
 
294 posts, read 180,340 times
Reputation: 85

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Here’s something even more off topic. Get a job be a life. Only a person with neither rambles in this much.
LOL look who is talking , you actually chose to give a long post about a non topic and look at your post count bruh, I have a life this forum is a bad habit of yours.

Don't be mad because you can't run a lie and get called on facts, you typed all that for nothing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Sure Sephardic Jews considered themselves Portuguese, and so does the Portuguese government. Which is why they invited them back.



Really you have nothing else to do but make up stuff about that has anything to do with reality.Then you have the nerve to talk about people with a life.

With the name NYWriterdude you really have no clue of history at all.

Sephardic Jews were all over Europe North Africa and even parts of the Middle East.They didn't consider themselves relegated to one nationality.Sephardic Jews had no problem making lives for themselves in other parts of Europe and Asia Minor like Netherlands ,Balkans, and Anatolia in Ottoman Empire.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Portugal and Spain suffered due to the expulsion of Jews. Those wealthy Jews in Israel, London, NYC, LA, SF? Many of them are Sephardic.
What are you talking about?Portugal and Spain actually became Empires with the expulsion of Jews and muslims.So your comment doesn't make any sense and proves you know nothing.

Sephardic Jews have never yearned to return to Spain or Portugal , they only sought to return to their believed and beloved homeland of Israel. Sephardic Jews have never campaigned for this at all.




Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Which is why both Spain and Portugal now not only encourage Jewish tourism and investment (including restoring synagogues and historical sites) but they have a right to return for anyone who has had any Sephardic ancestry in the last 500 years.
500 years dude ,do you even comprehend that thats years after the Spanish kingdom became and empire and richer than ever? The same Sephardic Jews decided to still live under the Spanish crown under the guise of conversos.




Here is something you should read.

Quote:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...spain-portugal

Spain was the wealthiest and most powerful nation in the world in the late 1500s.



Moreover the Spanish Crown of yesteryears and the Constitutional Monarchy today are not the same.Shows how much of history you know.

And Jews are being asked to return to many European countries as well,not just Spain.





Trump Is Driving Some American Jews to Reclaim Citizenship in Europe


Rise in numbers of Jews leaving for Israel from some European countries



For someone called NYWriterdude I can tell you are not well read at all or don't comprehend anything from reading . Get a clue.

 
Old 03-04-2019, 07:11 PM
 
24,192 posts, read 17,574,394 times
Reputation: 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
LOL look who is talking , you actually chose to give a long post about a non topic and look at your post count bruh, I have a life this forum is a bad habit of yours.

Don't be mad because you can't run a lie and get called on facts, you typed all that for nothing.







Really you have nothing else to do but make up stuff about that has anything to do with reality.Then you have the nerve to talk about people with a life.

With the name NYWriterdude you really have no clue of history at all.

Sephardic Jews were all over Europe North Africa and even parts of the Middle East.They didn't consider themselves relegated to one nationality.Sephardic Jews had no problem making lives for themselves in other parts of Europe and Asia Minor like Netherlands ,Balkans, and Anatolia in Ottoman Empire.




What are you talking about?Portugal and Spain actually became Empires with the expulsion of Jews and muslims.So your comment doesn't make any sense and proves you know nothing.

Sephardic Jews have never yearned to return to Spain or Portugal , they only sought to return to their believed and beloved homeland of Israel. Sephardic Jews have never campaigned for this at all.






500 years dude ,do you even comprehend that thats years after the Spanish kingdom became and empire and richer than ever? The same Sephardic Jews decided to still live under the Spanish crown under the guise of conversos.




Here is something you should read.






Moreover the Spanish Crown of yesteryears and the Constitutional Monarchy today are not the same.Shows how much of history you know.

And Jews are being asked to return to many European countries as well,not just Spain.





Trump Is Driving Some American Jews to Reclaim Citizenship in Europe


Rise in numbers of Jews leaving for Israel from some European countries



For someone called NYWriterdude I can tell you are not well read at all or don't comprehend anything from reading . Get a clue.
Both my MA and my BA are from Ivy League universities.

Care to share your credentials beyond superficially reading things, and having no relevant professional, academic, or work experience?

You're like Cliff Claven from Cheers. The residential drunken know it all who likes to run his mouth, but no real substance.

Let me guess, you have no job so you have to be good at something in your mind.

You can throw insults all you want, but unless you have an actual basis for your knowledge and on what authority you speak, then everything you essentially say is meaningless. I suspect you have no academic background on African studies, have never been to African, no academic knowledge on Europe, likely have never been, etc. Just a lame nerd on an online ego trip.

Spouting off on random facts just makes you look foolish.
 
Old 03-04-2019, 07:54 PM
 
294 posts, read 180,340 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Both my MA and my BA are from Ivy League universities.

Care to share your credentials beyond superficially reading things, and having no relevant professional, academic, or work experience?



LOL do you know how much frauds online claim they have a MA or BA from Ivy League universities? They can even furnish false degrees.

I think you are no different from the frauds online who is a supposed writer but is basically typing up a bunch nonsense on a forum .Aren't you supposed to be writing books instead of writing all day in post ? This is not the first time I've seen you online typing up long wary posts that is enough words to be pamphlet.Don't waste your life.




Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You're like Cliff Claven from Cheers. The residential drunken know it all who likes to run his mouth, but no real substance.
The show''Cheers'',yet you humorously claim I'm the geek yet you talk about a 30 year old show,careful that your black card doesn't get revoked for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Let me guess, you have no job so you have to be good at something in your mind.


You can throw insults all you want, but unless you have an actual basis for your knowledge and on what authority you speak, then everything you essentially say is meaningless.
Nope not really but I can take time out to expose fools like you its easy and do my job too.I know you're a writer and typing up all day online is your occupation.







Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post


I suspect you have no academic background on African studies,
have never been to African,
Yea as if you have knowledge in African studies,and don't grasp that former Angolan political pundits Jose Dos Santos and Isabel Dos Santos aren't African royalty. Please sit down . You are no less ignorant then your platonic penpal CaribNY. I see this is why you are taking up for him,you want to defend your partner don't you? You should let him have the keyboard back and you go get him a cold beer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Just a lame nerd on an online ego trip.

So now you use the insult lame nerd but want to refer to Cheers and types 20 pages a day on this forum? You have been posting on this site for 11 years with over 23,000 post?You still use your writing talent to babble all day online instead of writing a book.Don't waste time.







Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post


no academic knowledge on Europe, likely have never been, etc.

You say I have no academic knowledge of Europe but claimed Spain became poorer when the Jews left,any one with a simple grasp of European history knows that the Spanish Kingdom became wealthier and bigger after The Alhambra Decree.You can't grasp that although Portugal is less economically prosperous than Western Europe,its still by no means poor.
Don't get mad that I am exposing your lack of knowledge,incoherent statements, and ridiculous posts.People see through you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post


Spouting off on random facts just makes you look foolish.
This is the typical n!kk@ crap, you try to be a smart ass and act like you are teaching someone but end up being taught a lesson yourself.

The typical old grouch who has failed in life like you are the reason history gets distorted .Go back to New York and ask for change on the subway if you are having hard times and can't live out your fantasy online.
 
Old 03-12-2019, 12:26 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Re: Portugal in the 70s was definitely poor by Western standards, ditto Spain. .
When I was in England in the last 70s the word came out that Italy's GDP just passed that of the UK. The comment was that they knew that it was all over if Spain overtook the UK. This in a cafeteria where the workers were from Spain. They saw disrespected the Spanish that they couldn't care whether they hurt them or not.

I got off a train from France and transferred to a Spanish train. It was like leaving the late 20th century and entering a pre WWII era. And Portugal was worse.

Franco and the Portuguese despot did tremendous damage to those countries and this was a mere continuation from that done by their various kings in the 16th-18th centuries.

Note that Prizewinner doesnt bring facts. He brings hysteria and insults. It is a documented fact that the slave trade was an export industry, much as the petroleum industry now is. And the elites benefitted from that lucrative trade then as they do now. The main difference was that rulers of empires such as those which existed in the regions between Senegal and Cameroon controlled access to the hinterlands where slaves were acquired and so the Europeans were confined to forts.

This differed somewhat in the Congo/Angola region, but even there chiefs weren't selling off members of their own families. The fact is that until the 20th C the most valuable productive asset was human labor and so sensible ruler was going to deplete his own community by selling off labor unless they were criminals or political prisoners. So the vast majority of enslaved peoples that were trafficked were victims of war.

I will not debate with people who dont want intelligent debate. Prizewinner can speak to himself for all I care. He doesnt want to read studies by those knowledgeable of the transatlantic slave trade, preferring to peddle myths spread by racists who wanted to claim that blacks were lazy and stupid. So stupid that they sold their own children for a bottle of rum.
 
Old 03-12-2019, 12:35 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
B

You're like Cliff Claven from Cheers. The residential drunken know it all who likes to run his mouth, but no real substance.

Let me guess, you have no job so you have to be good at something in your mind.

You can throw insults all you want, but unless you have an actual basis for your knowledge and on what authority you speak, then everything you essentially say is meaningless. I suspect you have no academic background on African studies, have never been to African, no academic knowledge on Europe, likely have never been, etc. Just a lame nerd on an online ego trip.

Spouting off on random facts just makes you look foolish.
Couldn't have said it better. Screaming that I am a "liar" because I didn't mention the Benin Empire. At that point I had to stop responding to him. He has no idea of what the Benin Empire was and in fact ridiculed me for even mentioning it, before calling me a liar because I mentioned it.
 
Old 03-13-2019, 03:42 AM
 
294 posts, read 180,340 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
When I was in England in the last 70s the word came out that Italy's GDP just passed that of the UK. The comment was that they knew that it was all over if Spain overtook the UK. This in a cafeteria where the workers were from Spain. They saw disrespected the Spanish that they couldn't care whether they hurt them or not.

I got off a train from France and transferred to a Spanish train. It was like leaving the late 20th century and entering a pre WWII era. And Portugal was worse.

Franco and the Portuguese despot did tremendous damage to those countries and this was a mere continuation from that done by their various kings in the 16th-18th centuries.
Bro stop trying to sneak in replies after you have been completely debunked and speaking gibberish for replies you embarass yourself .You're even bringing up irrelevant topics like Italy and UK into the wealth comparison of African GDPs and African elites.Nothing but nonsense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post


Note that Prizewinner doesnt bring facts. He brings hysteria and insults. It is a documented fact that the slave trade was an export industry, much as the petroleum industry now is. And the elites benefitted from that lucrative trade then as they do now. The main difference was that rulers of empires such as those which existed in the regions between Senegal and Cameroon controlled access to the hinterlands where slaves were acquired and so the Europeans were confined to forts.
If you have proof Portugal and Spain were in poverty in the 70s post it,but what does that have to do with anything?Was Portugal and Spain as poor as African countries and African GDPs.

You're actually trying to compare petroleum to human lives, you just proved you don't understand the value of human life and the value of your ancestors life.

It sounds to me that you are happy they sold your ancestors behind off since supposedly elites got rich and you are most likely very poor and not sharing any of this wealth. Glad they sold your ancestors behind off huh? Please share with us these rich elites today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post

This differed somewhat in the Congo/Angola region, but even there chiefs weren't selling off members of their own families. The fact is that until the 20th C the most valuable productive asset was human labor and so sensible ruler was going to deplete his own community by selling off labor unless they were criminals or political prisoners. So the vast majority of enslaved peoples that were trafficked were victims of war.

I will not debate with people who dont want intelligent debate. Prizewinner can speak to himself for all I care. He doesnt want to read studies by those knowledgeable of the transatlantic slave trade, preferring to peddle myths spread by racists who wanted to claim that blacks were lazy and stupid. So stupid that they sold their own children for a bottle of rum.



Can you please make a post without saying the word racists,you are the one perpetuating the racists myth saying it was alright for African chiefs to sell off another African and another member of their clan because they got rich.

I posted proof chiefs sold off members of their own clan , you chose not to educate yourself and remain unknowledgeable about topics like these and others.


If you are saying slaves were the most valuable thing Africa had that is playing into the racists myth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Couldn't have said it better. Screaming that I am a "liar" because I didn't mention the Benin Empire. At that point I had to stop responding to him. He has no idea of what the Benin Empire was and in fact ridiculed me for even mentioning it, before calling me a liar because I mentioned it.
You are a liar and a bad one at that cause no one is falling for the tidbit about you knowing African history when you mentioned the Yoruba Empirewhen nothing exists.I called you out for mentioning a nonexistent kingdoms.

You jumping on your boyfriends crotch in a haste, doesn't change you or his ignorance about the topic and others. Its already the norm for you guys to get corrected and deflected in many threads on this forum.
 
Old 03-16-2019, 03:11 PM
 
24,192 posts, read 17,574,394 times
Reputation: 9149
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
When I was in England in the last 70s the word came out that Italy's GDP just passed that of the UK. The comment was that they knew that it was all over if Spain overtook the UK. This in a cafeteria where the workers were from Spain. They saw disrespected the Spanish that they couldn't care whether they hurt them or not.

I got off a train from France and transferred to a Spanish train. It was like leaving the late 20th century and entering a pre WWII era. And Portugal was worse.

Franco and the Portuguese despot did tremendous damage to those countries and this was a mere continuation from that done by their various kings in the 16th-18th centuries.

Note that Prizewinner doesnt bring facts. He brings hysteria and insults. It is a documented fact that the slave trade was an export industry, much as the petroleum industry now is. And the elites benefitted from that lucrative trade then as they do now. The main difference was that rulers of empires such as those which existed in the regions between Senegal and Cameroon controlled access to the hinterlands where slaves were acquired and so the Europeans were confined to forts.

This differed somewhat in the Congo/Angola region, but even there chiefs weren't selling off members of their own families. The fact is that until the 20th C the most valuable productive asset was human labor and so sensible ruler was going to deplete his own community by selling off labor unless they were criminals or political prisoners. So the vast majority of enslaved peoples that were trafficked were victims of war.

I will not debate with people who dont want intelligent debate. Prizewinner can speak to himself for all I care. He doesnt want to read studies by those knowledgeable of the transatlantic slave trade, preferring to peddle myths spread by racists who wanted to claim that blacks were lazy and stupid. So stupid that they sold their own children for a bottle of rum.
Lisbon today is one massive construction site. Because Franco and Salazar had held the Iberian peninsula back severely, there are a lot of beautiful, well maintained buildings in Spain and Portugal. Now that Northern Europeans love to come to the Iberian Peninsula the way New Yorkers and other Northerners move to Florida, Arizona, Georgia, Texas, and North Carolina, that is what has pulled Spain and Portugal out of the economic crisis and into economic modernity. Just as Northern wealth and retirees developed the US South, Northern European wealth developed the Iberian peninsula.
 
Old 05-07-2019, 05:21 PM
 
7,437 posts, read 5,923,923 times
Reputation: 3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
You are a liar and a bad one at that cause no one is falling for the tidbit about you knowing African history when you mentioned the Yoruba Empirewhen nothing exists.I called you out for mentioning a nonexistent kingdoms.
.


The fact that you are ignorant of African history isn't an excuse to engage in insults.


The kingdoms of Oyo and Benin did exist and someone who denies these facts has no business chatting about African history.
 
Old 05-08-2019, 12:28 PM
 
Location: East Coast
190 posts, read 248,114 times
Reputation: 254
This is the most cringeworthy title for a thread I have ever read on City Data.
 
Old 05-10-2019, 07:56 AM
 
16,521 posts, read 20,961,579 times
Reputation: 47952
The last couple dozen posts are not cutting it with the Terms of Service with City Data.



Thread closed for moderator review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top