Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 02:54 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,531,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrizeWinner View Post
You need to stop it because you dont know anything you are talking about.Portugal is not a poor nation NOT EVEN THE POOEREST NATION IN EUROPE.

If you weren't born yesterday you would have known that Portugal, prior to joining the EU, was a poor country by European standards, and Spain was little better. In the 16th C these countries were richer than the UK because of the wealth derived from their colonies.

Now resume running around in circles trying to catch your tail.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:18 PM

302 posts, read 308,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
So what we have here is a man who knows nothing of the topic. Clearly not because if you didn't know of the existence of a powerful empire called Benin you really don't even begin to understand the fundamentals of this topic.
You didn't say Benin Empire, stop lying , you said Benin ethnic group,THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BENIN ETHNIC GROUP.

The Oyo which disintegrated in 1400 and the Benin Kingdom which came about around 1490s were not kingdoms that rivalled each other.Further more the Benin Kingdom fell before Europeans arrived.

Wow you have a hard time counting don't you.

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Benin

The Kingdom of Benin, also known as the Benin Kingdom, was a pre-colonial kingdom in what is now southern Nigeria. Its capital was Edo, now known as Benin City in Edo state.
Quote:

Your Ovambo source had me laughing. There was no kingdom of Ovambo. There were many entities WITHIN the Ovambo region and in fact YOUR sources cites various Ovambo rulers (kingdoms) competing with each other for slaves. It didn't say that each ruler sold off people living in their village, because if that was the case there would be NO competition!

Quote it, quote where it says this other that YOU ARE LYING. Thats what you do.always make up stuff to suit your lie.

The fact of the matter is you still don't get it,African chiefs competing to sell other African groups whether it be the another tribe,clan or family just means they were manipulated by European. And you do play into the stereotype of a dumb negro with the comment and others you named.

Quote:

A few days ago you screamed that I have no right to claim that all Igbos didn't identify with each other. Now your rant is about my claims that an Igbo empire existed. You are so lost in this topic that you now confuse yourself.
Again quote me where I said Igbos don't identify with each other, I have been stating for the umpteenth time that Igbos all see each other as related since they all want a Biafra. God I feel like I'm tutoring Adam Sandler from the Waterboy.

Quote:

Go read about the transatlantic slave trade. Stop citing sources by Americans who think that "all blacks are the same and so if blacks sold other blacks to whites then blacks then they were selling their own people".
Go read a book and go back to school.If I am going to stop citing sources from Americans then you do the same. You can't say stop citing American sources now.

If blacks are not the same then stop getting mad at racism you should be concerned with your own ethnicity and not quick to holler about racism.

Quote:

This is your mistake. You view Africans as one people and Europeans as another. And because you have no idea of what you are talking about, you have lost direction.
I know very much the different African groups, unlike you likes to say there was an ethnicity called Benin and there was such thing as a Yoruba empire,please stop talking not to many people on here talk your seriously and its not because of racism, its because you yell racism in every thread.

Quote:

So let me make it easy. Russia and the USA are fighting each other. A group arrives from a planet that neither have heard of, willing to trade with these people. Both the Americans and the Russians discover that what these people want is enslaved peoples and are willing to pay for it. So Russians and Americans attack and capture each other, buy superior weapons from these aliens and then sell the captives to the aliens. Their enmity is directed against each other. They really don't care about the aliens except as trading partners as they don't see the aliens as a threat. they see each other as a threat. Ultimately both weaken each other and centuries later the aliens conquer them.

You're not smart the least bit,why would the Americans and Russians need trade enslaved people for weapons,America and Russia already knows they are the most powerful and doesn't need more weapons.

Plus both Americans and Russians would be inclined enough to know that if one weakens each other that they more likely be easier to conquered by the aliens.

Quote:

You will then scream that humans were selling off their own people to aliens!

Actually yea,because Russians and Americans would know they are more related to each other than aliens, and would scratch their heads as to why are the aliens wanting them to fight each other? The Russians and the Americans would be very aware of something called ''divide and conquer'',and figure if aliens are forcing them to do this its a problem.

I showed that Igbos sold other Igbos ,so that would be equivalent to Russians selling other Russians but you still fail to comprehend.

You type the most ridiculous crap.

Quote:

The man from Ghana wasn't speaking as a Ga, Ewe, Ashanti, Akwamu, or a Fante. He was speaking as a black man apologizing for selling black people to whites. He did NOT say that Gas sold other Gas. He said that Gas attacked Ewes and sold Ewes off and the impact of this battle was that both the Gas and the Ewes were ultimately weakened.
Again you know nothing about African ethnicities or know much about ANYTHING in general.First and foremost Fante are part of the Ashanti/Asante group. Go back and read history before you speak on anything. This is why you are not taken seriously by people you talk to.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
If you weren't born yesterday you would have known that Portugal, prior to joining the EU, was a poor country by European standards, and Spain was little better. In the 16th C these countries were richer than the UK because of the wealth derived from their colonies.

Now resume running around in circles trying to catch your tail.
Playboy,Portugual is not even poor by EU standards,and Portugal is not even poor today.

On the other hand African chiefs and the African territories they once controlled are poor by any standard in the world. African chiefs don't even make more money than policeman today,haha everything you say is a joke.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:04 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,972 times
No! We did not arrive to arms of open America through Ellis Island, but through the physiological horrors of Sullivan Island. The Roman Empire which later became Britain influence every culture... especially in unspoken terms that Anglo and English was the standard. Many nations are realizing that was and don't have to be so today.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:45 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
Playboy, Portugal is not even poor by EU standards,and Portugal is not even poor today.

On the other hand African chiefs and the African territories they once controlled are poor by any standard in the world. African chiefs don't even make more money than policeman today,haha everything you say is a joke.
Have you been to Portugal? Or Spain? During and after WW2, they had fascist leaders who held back the development of both nations. They were poor compared to say Britain, Holland, or France. Joining the EU certainly helped advance both nations, and now both nations get lots of foreign investment and tourism. Neither nation is poor today by any standard, and obviously anywhere in the EU is obviously well off compared to Africa as a whole.

But as for African nations today, oil rich nations like Nigeria and Angola get BILLIONS from oil sales. You see lots of rich Angolans in Portugal. Rich Angolans have Portuguese citizenship.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/w...aundering.html

Isabel dos Santos, the daughter of the former President of Angola, is Africa's richest woman a 3.5 billion.

Wealthy Angolans were calling Portugal the laundromat. Put their oil (laundered in some cases) into Portuguese investments, get Portuguese citizenship and now of course they are European citizens.

Such investments were welcome in Portugal in the post 2008 crisis that hit Southern Europe hard.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Have you been to Portugal? Or Spain? During and after WW2, they had fascist leaders who held back the development of both nations. They were poor compared to say Britain, Holland, or France. Joining the EU certainly helped advance both nations, and now both nations get lots of foreign investment and tourism. Neither nation is poor today by any standard, and obviously anywhere in the EU is obviously well off compared to Africa as a whole.

But as for African nations today, oil rich nations like Nigeria and Angola get BILLIONS from oil sales. You see lots of rich Angolans in Portugal. Rich Angolans have Portuguese citizenship.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/w...aundering.html

Isabel dos Santos, the daughter of the former President of Angola, is Africa's richest woman a 3.5 billion.

Wealthy Angolans were calling Portugal the laundromat. Put their oil (laundered in some cases) into Portuguese investments, get Portuguese citizenship and now of course they are European citizens.

Such investments were welcome in Portugal in the post 2008 crisis that hit Southern Europe hard.
Why do you think visiting a country gives you the upperhand knowledge to know how an economy works.

I already said Portugal on average was poorer and is poorer than Britain that doesn't mean it was a poverty and you already made the comment ''neither nation is poor by any standard'' so I think you get the idea.

You made an insult to me about staying on topic, if you looked at the reasoning behind my point, African chiefs sold other Africans
(whether you choose to concede they were of their own tribe or from a different tribe),and those chiefs today are poor. Your friends ridiculous reasoning was that Portugal was once rich but is poor now, NOT TRUE by any definition.
More over the Portuguese monarchy never sold other Portuguese off.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Why do you think visiting a country gives you the upperhand knowledge to know how an economy works.

I already said Portugal on average was poorer and is poorer than Britain that doesn't mean it was a poverty and you already made the comment ''neither nation is poor by any standard'' so I think you get the idea.

You made an insult to me about staying on topic, if you looked at the reasoning behind my point, African chiefs sold other Africans
(whether you choose to concede they were of their own tribe or from a different tribe),and those chiefs today are poor. Your friends ridiculous reasoning was that Portugal was once rich but is poor now, NOT TRUE by any definition.
More over the Portuguese monarchy never sold other Portuguese off.
Well I live next door in Spain, and I'm pretty sure I know a lot more about the Iberian Peninsula than you.

The topic of this thread was never about African chiefs from centuries ago. OP made a ridiculous claim about African Americans being the white people of people of African disapora. That is the topic of this thread, not what African chiefs allegedly did however many centuries ago.

But since you bring up African chiefs, depending on the nation the President and his family and inner circle are billionaires. In the case of Angolan government and corporate officials, they are very well off and invest in PORTUGAL. You were very wrong in claiming that police officers make more than African leaders, and I submitted proof that the daughter of the President of Angola has 3.5 billion. That's a direct response to you very false claims.

Yes, this is a case of an European nation GLADLY taking investment from wealthy Africans (though this happens anywhere). Immigration is easy for those who have money and a separate issue for those who have no money.

Re: Portugal in the 70s was definitely poor by Western standards, ditto Spain. Both economies have made considerable progress, and now they're affluent Western nations due to massive foreign investment and tourism.

But the fact that Lisbon itself only 10 years ago was essentially a run down ghetto. You see massive constructions all over Lisbon, as old poorly maintained buildings are bought out and renovated by investors. The same is happening across South Spain. This is new.

The Portuguese monarchy, along the Spanish monarchy forced Jews to convert to Catholicism, expelled them (and took their properties and money), or killed them (and took their properties and money).

That's pretty awful and 500 years later they know offer Sephardic Jews the right to return.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:

Well I live next door in Spain, and I'm pretty sure I know a lot more about the Iberian Peninsula than you.
I think you very much you know nothing about any country.

Quote:

The topic of this thread was never about African chiefs from centuries ago. OP made a ridiculous claim about African Americans being the white people of people of African disapora. That is the topic of this thread, not what African chiefs allegedly did however many centuries ago.
The topic is not about Portugal being poor neither but you decided to hope and detract the topic further.So why in the hell did you mention Portugal's economy? I never did since you have no sense, if you were following me I addressed you classmate in Special Ed who thought he made profound statement about Portugal.

Quote:

But since you bring up African chiefs, depending on the nation the President and his family and inner circle are billionaires. In the case of Angolan government and corporate officials, they are very well off and invest in PORTUGAL. You were very wrong in claiming that police officers make more than African leaders, and I submitted proof that the daughter of the President of Angola has 3.5 billion. That's a direct response to you very false claims.
Angolan presidents are not African chiefs genius, maybe here and there some chiefs are in the government but for the most part they are not and this is the same case for most other African countries. Even Ethiopia got rid of there Royalist government.

And I said police officers including chiefs, detectives and MPs in military they make more the AFRICAN CHIEFS. Between bribes and other augmented salaries.Notice I said Chiefs not African leaders ,comprehension is key here so keep up.

Isabel Dos Santos and her father Jose Dos Santos ascended the Angola hierarchy through political moves and junta, not through royal nepotism.

Quote:

Yes, this is a case of an European nation GLADLY taking investment from wealthy Africans (though this happens anywhere). Immigration is easy for those who have money and a separate issue for those who have no money.
Whats the point in this?

Quote:

Re: Portugal in the 70s was definitely poor by Western standards, ditto Spain. Both economies have made considerable progress, and now they're affluent Western nations due to massive foreign investment and tourism.

But the fact that Lisbon itself only 10 years ago was essentially a run down ghetto. You see massive constructions all over Lisbon, as old poorly maintained buildings are bought out and renovated by investors. The same is happening across South Spain. This is new.
I told you again doesn't matter if it was poor by Western Standards or not.Pay attention ,it wasn't poor as African territories these African chiefs once had,and Portuguese monarchs never sold their own.

Quote:

The Portuguese monarchy, along the Spanish monarchy forced Jews to convert to Catholicism, expelled them (and took their properties and money), or killed them (and took their properties and money).
You're going off topic Spanish Inquisition has jack to do with the topic.But since you bring it up,Sephardic Jews didn't really consider themselves part of the Portuguese monarchy and neither did Portuguese. Too bad African chiefs never gave their subjects an option to convert or be casted away by the European into slavery.

Some of these Sephardic Jews took the option of becoming conversos and even become Crypto Jews.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:

The topic is not about Portugal being poor neither but you decided to hope and detract the topic further.So why in the hell did you mention Portugal's economy? I never did since you have no sense, if you were following me I addressed you classmate in Special Ed who thought he made profound statement about Portugal.

Angolan presidents are not African chiefs genius, maybe here and there some chiefs are in the government but for the most part they are not and this is the same case for most other African countries. Even Ethiopia got rid of there Royalist government.

And I said police officers including chiefs, detectives and MPs in military they make more the AFRICAN CHIEFS. Between bribes and other augmented salaries.Notice I said Chiefs not African leaders ,comprehension is key here so keep up.

Isabel Dos Santos and her father Jose Dos Santos ascended the Angola hierarchy through political moves and junta, not through royal nepotism.

Whats the point in this?

I told you again doesn't matter if it was poor by Western Standards or not.Pay attention ,it wasn't poor as African territories these African chiefs once had,and Portuguese monarchs never sold their own.

You're going off topic Spanish Inquisition has jack to do with the topic.But since you bring it up,Sephardic Jews didn't really consider themselves part of the Portuguese monarchy and neither did Portuguese. Too bad African chiefs never gave their subjects an option to convert or be casted away by the European into slavery.

Some of these Sephardic Jews took the option of becoming conversos and even become Crypto Jews.
Here’s something even more off topic. Get a job be a life. Only a person with neither rambles in this much.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Whats the point in this?

Sure Sephardic Jews considered themselves Portuguese, and so does the Portuguese government. Which is why they invited them back.

Portugal and Spain suffered due to the expulsion of Jews. Those wealthy Jews in Israel, London, NYC, LA, SF? Many of them are Sephardic. Which is why both Spain and Portugal now not only encourage Jewish tourism and investment (including restoring synagogues and historical sites) but they have a right to return for anyone who has had any Sephardic ancestry in the last 500 years.

'We want a Jewish presence in Portugal' - Israel National News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa