U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2019, 12:04 AM

5 posts, read 2,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It's 2019.

There are white people who live in Africa, and there are black people that live in Europe.

People make a 'go of' of all kinds of places. Just because one person thinks people have no right to cross a border, doesn't mean that people don't cross the border and make a 'go of' it.

In addition, there have been 'East Indian' (isn't that the American coined word for Indians from India) in Africa for centuries - i.e. Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, etc.

Middle Eastern....some loosely defined word....is that the American-coined word for 'Arabic-speakers'...the ones that have lived in Northern Africa for milleniums. I.E., Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, etc.

White people...South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, etc. Plus you have American Peace Corp workers and NGO's of white who stay in present day situations, and many French and Portuguese people still migrating to Africa because of the language...i.e. Angola and Mozambique have been attracting Portuguese this last decade because of their economies at times being better than Portugal, etc.
My Portuguese great-great grandfather immigrated from the British West Indies to U.S.A So Portuguese people move everywhere. So us Luso-Americans can be found in the caribbean, and Africa, but a lot of us are mixed as well. here's a pic of my Portuguese great-great grandfather:

He was from the British West Indies (British Guiana) of Madeiran Portuguese descent.

Last edited by Ava_Foreteller; 02-23-2019 at 12:21 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM

250 posts, read 278,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I follow a white guy from the Midwest that lives in Mali on Instagram. He ended up marrying a local and has a child. He runs a shop or restaurant there.

There's also a popular Youtube guy that became obsessed about Sierra Leone and he ended up moving his young family there, they're all white. He speaks good Krio.

I don't think it's healthy to obsess over anything but if you want to live in Africa, go for it.
What’s the name of the Instagram account? I would love to follow it!

Old 03-29-2019, 08:31 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
I follow this white guy living in Kenya...from his latest YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCt4yemO7eU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or