U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 12:19 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,229,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Do you have a good source for her Coptic heritage? I ask because the Wikipedia article specifically says such claims are not substantiated. Thanks.
I don't remember what source I came across the Copts are the largest minority in Egypt they number about 18 million.(she is of the darker Coptic shade for northern Egypt). There are lots of pictures of Copts online as well as DNA results although the commercial DNA companies don't have a Coptic reference population. There was a scientific article a few years ago that isolated a Coptic component and separated it from the Arabian component in Egyptians and it showed that component expanded past Egypts borders. The Copts claim genetic and cultural continuity with to Egypts pre-Islamic past to the era of the Pharaoh's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 08:31 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,202 posts, read 1,577,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Oh yes they do. You hardly see Greeks arguing with certain black intellectuals about the degree to which Egypt was a black civilization. It is the Anglo Saxon white Brits and Americans who expend much fuel on this. Apparently any suggestion that blacks (Nubians) might have made some contribution to ancient Egypt undermines their whole Eurocentric view of the world.

I dont think that the Greeks care because they know that modern northern Europeans now look down at them even as they traipse over ruins giving credit to the ancient Greeks.
This is very true.....

Old 05-30-2019, 07:57 AM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,229,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
This is very true.....
No it isn't, lots of Europeans that carry small amounts of North African components are curious and so are North Africans and Egyptians to be specific. Most people that study the topic know there is a minor Nilotic component as well.

Old 05-31-2019, 01:57 PM

3,116 posts, read 6,832,404 times
This post I don't get and seems a bit silly. Eygptians are African and play in the African tournaments especially when they have to qualify in the World Cup that is because they represent an African country. As far as I know you can't move a country out of the continent of Africa.

No African really views themselves as Africans rather they view themselves from a specific ethnic group they belong to. Not sure if anyone arguing these points of identity have been to any part of Africa let alone Egypt. Egyptians vary in complexion just as others do throughout Africa (but many look undeniably black to me).

No one from Britain would argue that Italians aren't European.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:44 PM

251 posts, read 100,244 times
Recently I was searching something and came across an interesting piece of history that Ptolemy I Soter of Macedonian Greece ruled Egypt that lasted for nearly 3 centuries. I do not know many Egyptians well except for one who was in my French class then. She was fair and could easily be mistaken for a Portuguese. I wonder in Egypt today how many are the descendants of Ptolemy I Soter and the Romans?

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM

23 posts, read 25,352 times
Its the inter marriages of white people with the dark skin Africans, is why Egypt is so white now and the leaders of Israel are trying to get Egypt declared as southern Europe as well as Israel. That is why some of Egypts president and Kings were killed.

The European people are restoring original African artifacts to look white as possible, statues with European noses and faces. Noses were destroyed white people (its a fact), these leaders of Israel are involved. Why do white people steal other nations culture and then place themselves in those shoes as thought they are the original, it hurts to know that there people who steals another nation of people country as though its theirs. The reason that Europe is like that today, because of the invasion of white people from Europe, the leaders of Israel Judaism religion is doing this. Ass well as submitting clone white animals , which they have been doing for years, its to turn everything white, as to destroy all Africans. Egypt is not its real name, cush, kemet, land of dark skin Hebrews, which left Egypt black and now they say they are white, yet they are dutch, Germans, Russians, polish, Switzerland, danish and others of European countries.

SO WHOSE IS LYING ABOUT THE HISTORY OF AFRICA, BECAUSE EGYPT IS AFRICA ON THE CONTINENT PLATE OF AFRICA, JUST LIKE THE MIDDLE IS EAST AFRICA. WHY THE LIES, WHY THE LIES. EGYPT IS BEING DESTROYED BY WHITE PEOPLE, IS THERE NOTHING THAT BELONG TO COLORED PEOPLE THAT THEY HAVE NOT INVADED AND DESTROY. I COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE CALL WHITE PEOPLE THE DEVIL AND YET JESUS HIMSELF SAID THAT THEY WERE LIKE THEIR FATHER THE DEVIL. which was during the time of European rule over Israel

When will it stop, when will it stop all the lies and deceit from white people, its not enough then what, then what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or