U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 03:28 PM

6,607 posts, read 9,131,881 times

Advertisements

There isn't going to be an easy way to address these types of topics that will please everyone.

How people will view a topic like this involving Africans will vary depending on how familiar people are with Africa and Africans. Will this topic reinforce negative stereotypes on Africans? Yes and no. It can depend on how broad people's exposure to African culture and issues have been.

Myself I have no big problem addressing customs among Africans that are harmful and outdated. Whether or not these topics reinforce negative stereotypes may or may not happen. I say again that will depend on what different readers already know about Africans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 07:47 PM

6,607 posts, read 9,131,881 times
I asked George Ayittey on Twitter about what he thought needed to be done to stop the baby killings in those cultures where that happens. Here's his response.

"We need to find out why they are killing the children and talk to the ELDERS. Educate them and offer incentives to stop the practice. This is not a task to be undertaken by one man from the city."

Old 05-03-2019, 08:36 PM
AFP

6,934 posts, read 4,310,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
I asked George Ayittey on Twitter about what he thought needed to be done to stop the baby killings in those cultures where that happens. Here's his response.

"We need to find out why they are killing the children and talk to the ELDERS. Educate them and offer incentives to stop the practice. This is not a task to be undertaken by one man from the city."
What kind of incentives I'm wondering??

Old 08-17-2019, 02:14 PM
AFP

6,934 posts, read 4,310,386 times
Unbelievable how they pursue gays ruthlessly and pretty much have to be paid off to half ass pursue practitioners of child sacrifice in Uganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Kk5lr_2_Q

Old Today, 11:09 AM

5,211 posts, read 4,707,386 times
More recent & related info.

Quote:
A Massachusetts woman used a kitchen knife to stab two of her children to death and later told police it was part of a Voodoo ritual, authorities said Tuesday.
USAToday: Woman killed her two sons, 5 and 8, during Voodoo ritual, authorities say

Quote:
Philip Carlo, a New York writer and expert on the occult, is certain that Constanzo was dedicated to a specific spirit of the Palo Mayombe cult known as Oggun, the patron god of criminals and criminal activity. According to Carlo, the presiding priest, or mayombero, becomes possessed by the spirits and blows cigar smoke and spits liquor at his victim before killing him. “Constanzo had all of Oggun’s implements, i.e., a horseshoe, a chain, railroad spikes, things of metal,” says Carlo. “Constanzo traveled to Haiti about fourteen or fifteen months ago. People who make human sacrifices are practicing with negative energy. Constanzo was a sadistic psychopath, a very, very dangerous individual.”

Rolling Stone: The Believers: Cult Murders in Mexico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa