U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 08:05 AM
AFP

6,930 posts, read 4,306,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHunt82 View Post
So no black American online has ever heard of Coloureds? Geez, way to insult black peopleís intelligence!

I never said that there werenít any Dominicans who are retaliating online. Again, click on just about any popular YouTube video or any black forum topic discussing Dominicans and youíll get black Americans all over the place trying to shame them. This is a fact...donít take my word for it, try checking out those pages yourself and THEN come back to me.

I checked out that guyís YT channel and I disagree with a lot of what he is saying. HOWEVER, at least he isnít going out of his way to invade online African American spaces and harass them. At the end of the day, his videos are clearly directed to those within his own community and heís not out here trying tell black Americans how to live their lives and what their identity should be.

Call it what you want but the truth is the truth. Since youíre taking this to heart then you MUST be one of the people that iím talking about. Iím simply just acknowledging the obvious reality that a small but very vocal segment of black Americans believe they have the right to police other peopleís identities.

Any African American who was not guilty of this would not have been offended by my post b/c, again, I CLEARLY STATED that only a tiny but very vocal minority of black Americans do this to others online. Never did I suggest that most do this.
To a much less extent white Americans do this as well but it was much worse a couple of generations ago they insisted on ramming assimilation down people's throats some still do they want people that look white to act like them, think like them, and forget about speaking more than one language about where they've come from. They're all over the politics section on this site. I say **** you to them most a lot of them are bastards and don't even know how their fathers are and but want to tell people with rich histories and cultures how to behave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 08:22 AM

105 posts, read 36,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
To a much less extent white Americans do this as well but it was much worse a couple of generations ago they insisted on ramming assimilation down people's throats some still do they want people that look white to act like them, think like them, and forget about speaking more than one language about where they've come from. They're all over the politics section on this site. I say **** you to them most a lot of them are bastards and don't even know how their fathers are and but want to tell people with rich histories and cultures how to behave.
I agree that it’s a very American thing to try to police the world.

That’s why the USA is practically involved in almost every last conflict around the world. And then when other countries get mad at us for meddling in their affairs - they start to hate us with a passion.

And I avoid the politics section here like the plague. If you genuinely want to understand another perspective from a debate or discussion then you must keep an open mind. Most ppl there are just looking to argue, fight, always be right and keep their narrow view of the world. I’m proud to admit that I’ve debated and have proven wrong at times...that’s how you learn things. It’s just a waste of time trying to convince closed minds and people that are set in their ways...and that’s most of the politics forum.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:24 PM

24,388 posts, read 17,815,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
People don't do that. Most countries that has much contact with mixed and blacks recognized both groups as a separate name, even if in many places there is just one national identity. You will see it everywhere in the Caribbean, many countries in Latin America, many countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, etc. It's a small group of people that has much contacts with those groups and "don't see the obvious".

When it comes to Spain, plenty of Spaniards do recognize mulattoes as different from blacks while others don't do that. Spain is a country that is basically white (over 90%), so that goes without saying. The other thing is that Spanish men that get together with mixed and black women have a tendency to prefer mulatto women to black ones.

The US does have a peculiar history, but its such a small part of the human race. Americans don't surpass more than 5% globally, and that's American people as a whole. When minorities as seen independently, the percentages falls even further. With that said, things are changing in the US. Race still forms the base of many peoples identity, but mixed people are increasingly more likely to claim mixed than anything else. As time goes on their numbers simply grow in reality and in identity. The US is very fractured when it comes to this since racial identity takes precedence above national identity to far too many people.
Spanish people do not commonly call people mulattos in Spain. I actually live here. Rarely the term is used and I have been called mulatto. Mostly people would say moreno.

And a Spaniard who hooked up with pitch Black Africans calles me pale faced and told me to go the beach and get a tan till I looked like that. That twice happened to me. I told the man he was a moron and said I cannot get that dark because people who look like that and I have different ethnic histories.

Iíve had Latin Americans tell me when they moved to Spain 20 years ago they were beaten, calves racist and derogatory names, etc. Nothing to that degree has happened to me, but obviously Iíve had insensitive comments.

I also had people tell me donít go swimming every day or else I will turn super black. To which I told them mind your own business.

I think youíre projecting a bit too much of your own prejudices onto Spaniards who have plenty of their own. As a predominately white nation itís different and being mixed still pegs you as a foreigner or at a minimum with an immigrant parent. So any non 100 percent white here is an outsider. Period.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:27 PM

24,388 posts, read 17,815,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
White American domestic terrorists are killing people from those rich cultural backgrounds, and I bet those terrorists all cane from two family homes.

You fail to mention that.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:26 AM

114 posts, read 10,295 times
Quote:
So no black American online has ever heard of Coloureds? Geez, way to insult black peopleís intelligence!
Outside a few Afrocentrics online no damn Aframs know what a damn Cape Coloured is. FOH.

Those Cape Coloureds should be more worried radical Black South Africans like the EFF.

Quote:
I never said that there werenít any Dominicans who are retaliating online. Again, click on just about any popular YouTube video or any black forum topic discussing Dominicans and youíll get black Americans all over the place trying to shame them. This is a fact...donít take my word for it, try checking out those pages yourself and THEN come back to me.

I checked out that guyís YT channel and I disagree with a lot of what he is saying. HOWEVER, at least he isnít going out of his way to invade online African American spaces and harass them. At the end of the day, his videos are clearly directed to those within his own community and heís not out here trying tell black Americans how to live their lives and what their identity should be.
So a Dominican trying to get a gang to target AAs is "retaliating." And no AAs rightfully call out Dominicans for their anti-Blackness that is deeply embedded in their culture.

Quote:

Call it what you want but the truth is the truth. Since youíre taking this to heart then you MUST be one of the people that iím talking about. Iím simply just acknowledging the obvious reality that a small but very vocal segment of black Americans believe they have the right to police other peopleís identities.

Any African American who was not guilty of this would not have been offended by my post b/c, again, I CLEARLY STATED that only a tiny but very vocal minority of black Americans do this to others online. Never did I suggest that most do this.
I'm not taking anything to "heart" and just tired of coons like yourself kissing up to people who have a culture of looking down on Blackness. I don't care if I'm "guilty" or not. How about you get on the Dominicans who constantly troll Haitians online. Oh... I see no one on this site outside that CaribNY poster wants to address that. Us African-Americans outside those hardcore Afrocentrics don't give a sh*t about these people or how they identify but if we see a very dark skinned one with stereotypical African features denying Black then we'll look at them funny. "This whole AAs are policing blackness and bullying us!" Is seriously some beta feminine crap on here.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:39 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,993,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Exactly what percentage of Afro Americans make this claim?
A better question should be why do some Hispanics call themselves "white" when they aren't. How often do people call themselves Moors. Nubians maybe.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
T
Plus North Africans have much greater problems in their lives than to give a **** about what some Black Americans do. Libya is a wreck. Algeria and Egypt are not spectacular. North Africans are too busy immigrating to Europe to Concern themselves about African Americans.
Agreed. A better topic would be about why people from the Maghreb are despised all over western Europe. THAT is a real problem. Not some nonsense about a troll leading to some fantasy about how black Americans identify. How many black Americans spend one day thinking about Morocco even though its a hop skip and a jump away from NYC? Nearer than Salvador, Brazil which actually interests them more.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOSwarrior View Post
Who the hell are lost and confused? Aframs/ADOS have the most influential culture world wide. We don't need to claim some dead and irrelevant culture. So get out of here with this "lost and confused." I notice many people like using those two words towards us.
Black American culture is dominant in all sorts of non black societies. One is left to wonder about what the world will be with out it. In my experience few black Americans have the slightest interest in cultures outside of their own, so to paint them as a "lost people" is a joke.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Spaniards or Europeans just call them Black and/foreigners, and there are various fascist movements within European nations such as Vox in Spain, LePennīs movement in France, the far right in Italy, etc.

In the context of the US we just had a shooter kill Latinos in El Paso. So does it really matter whether they were natives or mestizos? They are not white, and the white nationalists want them DEAD whatever they call themselves. This is the world we live in.

Yes my understanding is that people in Spain dont seem to like Dominicans a lot, even when compared to other Latin American immigrants. Dominican self identify is a function of their own dysfunction because of their complexes about Haiti. Even they now have much debate about it amongst themselves.

There is a whole "natural hair" movement which has grown in reaction to the tendency to down play the black/African heritage of the DR and the fact that its elites have often gotten away with saying some the most vile things. Balaguer's campaign against Pena Gomez was an embarrassment in the racist tirades that were involved.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
True. Name one Moorish or North African pop star. I can name a lot of African American ones.

The people using those words no nothing about African Americans (or anything else).
Ironically two of the best known are hip hop. Many dont even know that they aren't American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or