U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 464 times

Advertisements

Hi

As a north African and a native mauri ( I mean the tribe of HISTORICAL mauri who are called today Rifians before it gets expanded to be maurusia and then mauritania ) I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR people who claim that they are moors :

- Do you mean by moors mauri people ?
- What do you know about the mauri history? did you really read the greec texts about MAURUSII ?
- Do you speak their languages ?
- what are your similarities ( culture, behavior , linguistic.. ) with the real mauri in north-africa ?
- do you have any idea from where the word maurussi is derived ?
- you claim that the origin of our ancestry were black and now the people who land the north of morocco are not mauri ? were are those black people in north of morocco ? how did they turn to Mediterranean look in such a short period without leaving in trace of them ?

some information :
- Moors are not arabs ( the stole the word as you are stealing it )
- Moors don't mean muslims ( mauri is an amazigh sub-ethnicity )
- mauri is not all north africa ( is only half of morocco )
- mauri people of today still have the same culture and behavior as described in roman and Greek texts

I know that your main problem is - white <black which is not our problem, these two terms are political ideologies which my people are far from it . we are not black neither white ( we are Mediterraneans )
I know you're impressed by the Moorish history in Iberia and you try hard to find something to feel superior but look the Moorish empire in Andalusia Isn't the case for you, because during this period and especially ( the amoravids which are not moors, the came from sahara, they used sub-saharaians as slaves and took them to Iberia. This is not something to be proud of .
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 09:50 PM
AFP

6,907 posts, read 4,281,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri-lady View Post
Hi

As a north African and a native mauri ( I mean the tribe of HISTORICAL mauri who are called today Rifians before it gets expanded to be maurusia and then mauritania ) I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR people who claim that they are moors :

- Do you mean by moors mauri people ?
- What do you know about the mauri history? did you really read the greec texts about MAURUSII ?
- Do you speak their languages ?
- what are your similarities ( culture, behavior , linguistic.. ) with the real mauri in north-africa ?
- do you have any idea from where the word maurussi is derived ?
- you claim that the origin of our ancestry were black and now the people who land the north of morocco are not mauri ? were are those black people in north of morocco ? how did they turn to Mediterranean look in such a short period without leaving in trace of them ?

some information :
- Moors are not arabs ( the stole the word as you are stealing it )
- Moors don't mean muslims ( mauri is an amazigh sub-ethnicity )
- mauri is not all north africa ( is only half of morocco )
- mauri people of today still have the same culture and behavior as described in roman and Greek texts

I know that your main problem is - white <black which is not our problem, these two terms are political ideologies which my people are far from it . we are not black neither white ( we are Mediterraneans )
I know you're impressed by the Moorish history in Iberia and you try hard to find something to feel superior but look the Moorish empire in Andalusia Isn't the case for you, because during this period and especially ( the amoravids which are not moors, the came from sahara, they used sub-saharaians as slaves and took them to Iberia. This is not something to be proud of .
Black Americans have no connection to Al Andalus but the Almoravids and Almohads didn't build the culture either it precedes them. There are some recent scientific articles that have come out that show that the Moors in Andalusia were genetically equal amounts of North African and Local Iberian with a much smaller Levant component and only 2/38 samples about 5% had a significant amount of subsaharan African DNA. One from the 10th century had about 30% and one from the 16th century about 50%. There is a really good Youtube channel that covers the history of Al Andalus called Flash Point History these Black Americans that claim to be Moors are a waste of time debating they're nuts.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Status: "How does R Kelly get more press than Jeffrey Epstein?" (set 3 days ago)

1,260 posts, read 595,513 times
Exactly what percentage of Afro Americans make this claim?

Old 06-15-2019, 09:14 AM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Exactly what percentage of Afro Americans make this claim?
Probably not many but they are obnoxious and vocal they troll all of the Moroccan videos I can see how the north Africans are fed up with them the interesting thing is some of them want acceptance and I can tell you that for the most part intensively disliked by the north Africans, they'll never accept them. They just make themselves more and more hated the more they claim this heritage that doesn't belong to them.

Old 06-15-2019, 03:57 PM

3,523 posts, read 4,993,562 times
The "Moorish Science Temple of America" social and religious organization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooris...ple_of_America

Old 06-15-2019, 04:09 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
The "Moorish Science Temple of America" social and religious organization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooris...ple_of_America
They sound somewhat similar to the crazy Black Hebrew Israelites who claim Black Americans are the real Israelites their ideologies cancel each other out. This second group of losers spends a lot of time trolling real Jews.

Old 06-16-2019, 03:14 AM

6,597 posts, read 9,111,303 times
These groups like the Kemetic,Hebrews,Moors,Aboriginals etc work on some blacks for one big reason. We Black-Americans lack direct African cultural influences. We really don't have many things in our culture here in the U.S that people can easily highlight as being African. So this makes it easier for these groups to just invent some new black thing that's not related to our actual African backgrounds. If Black Americans had some type of African drumming tradition or an African rooted religion in our culture then we would see fewer people trying to invent some exotic groups like the ones I mentioned.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:28 AM

691 posts, read 923,997 times
Also the Nation of Islam, United House of Prayer for All People, Father Divine Peace Mission, Daddy Grace, Prophet Jones.

A lot of these sects and cults developed among marginalized people during the Depression in America. Due to Jim Crow and
De Facto Segregation and socially being made to feel that they are NOT part of America, people came along and took advantage of the social situation of Black Americans at that time. They played on the social alienation of Black Americans,
from the general American Society. So they invented exotic, mythical origins of Black Americans, or with the Christian type
cults, they were the chosen people who traced it down from Jesus to Paul down to whoever their leader was.

The people who started these groups understood human psychology and knew they had a ready-made audience for
this type of stuff with some Black Americans. Many of these groups go back to the 1930s, so today you still have
people and families who were raised in this stuff, these might be the people who jump on the North African message
boards today.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:27 PM

24,298 posts, read 17,741,175 times
Though as people in Spain use the term morisco any dark skinned or Black person can be called Moor by the Spaniards.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:28 PM

24,298 posts, read 17,741,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
These groups like the Kemetic,Hebrews,Moors,Aboriginals etc work on some blacks for one big reason. We Black-Americans lack direct African cultural influences. We really don't have many things in our culture here in the U.S that people can easily highlight as being African. So this makes it easier for these groups to just invent some new black thing that's not related to our actual African backgrounds. If Black Americans had some type of African drumming tradition or an African rooted religion in our culture then we would see fewer people trying to invent some exotic groups like the ones I mentioned.
There are other reasons as well.

If there was genuine acceptance of African Americans there would not be an issue with any of these ideologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or