U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM

24 posts, read 25,568 times

Advertisements

From Morocco to the East African Canal, that is now referred to as the Middle East, I take my hat off to you indigenous African People, for the endurance that you have endured from the people who have befriended you only to colonize your continent countries. From many many many many Africans who were put on ships and taken from their Father, Mother, Sister, Brother, Grandparents, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles. From the very Ancient past to the Day of the present. Africans (indigenous) have met with poverty to know ends. Dealing with the different tasks of trying to stay alive with all the inside fighting of the people and resources. Having to deal with your leaders which some are so so so inconsiderate of their very own people and no regards for the Country that their ancestors held in high regards and sometimes fought to keep their own land/country.

You Africans (indigenous) have dealt with so much, but I see a different generation coming and rising up to adhere to your past ancestors and hold their country up to high regards, bringing your own people upward to the high standards of who they are in Africa. I take my hat off to all African (indigenous) people. Each of you have your very own dialect tongue, plus many more and that is a plus, God Bless you guys.

I, on the other hand, do not have what you Africans (indigenous people)have my own country/land to say I belong there because this is my natural country, my own native dialect which I could speak and say this is my native tongue. I never had that because I'm a descendent from the African Slaves brought to the United States by ships and the fact that the slave owner started part of my family without asking. I lost a lot of the past not knowing which line I come from because of the mixing and interbreeding that was done during slavery. Oh, I don't hate them because it would be like hating myself, it is just so very sad to be deprived of something that was intended for knowledge and growth.

All I ever learned in school about Africa was slavery and it was a third world continent and that Europeans came to education, enlighten, save their souls and the biggest thing civilization. So Africa was negative in my mind and I wonder who wants to go there. I wanted to be white, with the light skin, the straight flowing hair, and marry a white man. This was the prodigy of my mindset to be like them. Well it wasn't until I started working at the Los Angeles Public Library, (downtown LA) that my eyes begin to open up, it was there that I started reading History books that I did not get in school, it was there I started learning the truth about Africa and the importance of the Continent of Africa and to whom. It was not a third world continent, as I learned in school but the African continent was of such vast resources and history. I had been lied to, even my own parents too. Do you even today the same teachings is taught, well some things are changing, because a generation of descendants from the African slaves are changing things.

So, Africa as things are changing and now know the truth, and that the continent of Africa IS NOT A THIRD WORLD continent, but a vast continent of very very rich resources, that is being taken by foreigners, which I do not understand at all. Africa and African (indigenous people) you are so beautiful and wealthy, there should be no poverty at all in that continent today, but unfortunately, that is not the case.

I thank God that a generation is standing up for their country and fighting for their rights, it is so unfair for the leaders to disrespect their own people because that is like disrespecting themselves. One day respectfully leaders will lead their own country of the Continent of Africa and respect their people and take care of them in the right way so that there will never ever be a Slavery like the Slave Trade timeline. So many families were destroyed and mass slaughters of African People.

God Bless you Continent of Africa from Morocco to East Africa (canal) now known as the Middle East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:09 AM

613 posts, read 184,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstay1929 View Post
From Morocco to the East African Canal, that is now referred to as the Middle East, I take my hat off to you indigenous African People, for the endurance that you have endured from the people who have befriended you only to colonize your continent countries. From many many many many Africans who were put on ships and taken from their Father, Mother, Sister, Brother, Grandparents, Cousins, Aunts and Uncles. From the very Ancient past to the Day of the present. Africans (indigenous) have met with poverty to know ends. Dealing with the different tasks of trying to stay alive with all the inside fighting of the people and resources. Having to deal with your leaders which some are so so so inconsiderate of their very own people and no regards for the Country that their ancestors held in high regards and sometimes fought to keep their own land/country.

You Africans (indigenous) have dealt with so much, but I see a different generation coming and rising up to adhere to your past ancestors and hold their country up to high regards, bringing your own people upward to the high standards of who they are in Africa. I take my hat off to all African (indigenous) people. Each of you have your very own dialect tongue, plus many more and that is a plus, God Bless you guys.

I, on the other hand, do not have what you Africans (indigenous people)have my own country/land to say I belong there because this is my natural country, my own native dialect which I could speak and say this is my native tongue. I never had that because I'm a descendent from the African Slaves brought to the United States by ships and the fact that the slave owner started part of my family without asking. I lost a lot of the past not knowing which line I come from because of the mixing and interbreeding that was done during slavery. Oh, I don't hate them because it would be like hating myself, it is just so very sad to be deprived of something that was intended for knowledge and growth.

All I ever learned in school about Africa was slavery and it was a third world continent and that Europeans came to education, enlighten, save their souls and the biggest thing civilization. So Africa was negative in my mind and I wonder who wants to go there. I wanted to be white, with the light skin, the straight flowing hair, and marry a white man. This was the prodigy of my mindset to be like them. Well it wasn't until I started working at the Los Angeles Public Library, (downtown LA) that my eyes begin to open up, it was there that I started reading History books that I did not get in school, it was there I started learning the truth about Africa and the importance of the Continent of Africa and to whom. It was not a third world continent, as I learned in school but the African continent was of such vast resources and history. I had been lied to, even my own parents too. Do you even today the same teachings is taught, well some things are changing, because a generation of descendants from the African slaves are changing things.

So, Africa as things are changing and now know the truth, and that the continent of Africa IS NOT A THIRD WORLD continent, but a vast continent of very very rich resources, that is being taken by foreigners, which I do not understand at all. Africa and African (indigenous people) you are so beautiful and wealthy, there should be no poverty at all in that continent today, but unfortunately, that is not the case.

I thank God that a generation is standing up for their country and fighting for their rights, it is so unfair for the leaders to disrespect their own people because that is like disrespecting themselves. One day respectfully leaders will lead their own country of the Continent of Africa and respect their people and take care of them in the right way so that there will never ever be a Slavery like the Slave Trade timeline. So many families were destroyed and mass slaughters of African People.

God Bless you Continent of Africa from Morocco to East Africa (canal) now known as the Middle East.
Slavery during "The Middle Passage", I believe it is best referred to, being the Atlantic Slave Trade from Africa to the Americas, is extremely complicated and I am certainly no expert. But I do know two things:

1) For most all of human history, slavery has been the "normal" condition, meaning that the enslavement of humans by other humans has occurred throughout our history since we climbed down out of the trees and learned to control fire. We are a warlike species, and are very good at it, unfortunately. The vanquished of wars, be they interpersonal, tribal, regional, or national, have more often than not ended up being enslaved to the victors. This has been "the norm" in every single empire for all of recorded history, has it not? The idea that individuals had rights only appeared in a widespread manner maybe beginning with the creation of the Magna Carta, and progressed until the early 1800's when Britain denounced slavery, through 1865 when it was outlawed in the United States - Historians, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Bottom line, the world has only been living "without slavery" for what, 150 - 200 years? Even today, slavery exists in the world, and ironically, is likely most common still in Africa itself.

2) It was Africans themselves, mostly from the Middle East, I believe, who facilitated the Middle Passage, tribal kings and warlords were the ones who captured and enslaved other Africans and sold them to the slave traders, most of whom were Europeans, I think, for shipment around the world.

My ancestors were primarily from northern Europe, and emigrated to the United States probably between about 1830 and 1880. I haven't studied my own genealogy, but if I did, my guess I would find among my own ancestors many serfs and other commoners, and if I went back far enough, slaves. In other words, I don't think I came from aristocracy, LOL. But I recognize it for what it was; I don't see human history as being a moral failure; I simply don't have the audacity to judge human history through the eyes of someone living in the 21st century. Without them (our collective ancestors), none of us would exist, and I'm just grateful to be here. Our history is full of so much tragedy, and also triumph, I recognize I am just a speck of dust floating in the wind of human history. I just don't get the OP's painting everyone currently living on the African continent (especially the Middle East) with a single brush, it seems childish and myopic to me (no offense to the OP, it is an interesting subject, just way more complicated than presented here).

Old Today, 06:46 AM

1 posts
What the hell is wrong with this forum

Old Today, 01:07 PM

613 posts, read 184,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpetewtf View Post
What the hell is wrong with this forum
You may want to be a little more specific...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or