U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2019, 11:26 PM
 
6,620 posts, read 9,168,186 times
Reputation: 2873

Advertisements

How will history view him?

Did any of his policies improve Zimbabwe's economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2019, 03:18 AM
Status: "Life goes on..." (set 11 days ago)
 
5,544 posts, read 8,205,328 times
Reputation: 4354
As an evil man. To make matters worst, he was one of the main liberators of Zimbabwe and had to ruin his fame. He and his group has brought more suffering to the Zimbabweans ever. For a time, the laughing stock of the world.

"Ding dong, the witch is dead..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 05:18 AM
 
1,833 posts, read 449,264 times
Reputation: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
As an evil man. To make matters worst, he was one of the main liberators of Zimbabwe and had to ruin his fame. He and his group has brought more suffering to the Zimbabweans ever. For a time, the laughing stock of the world.

"Ding dong, the witch is dead..."
I guess it's ok now to play that classic song from the Wizard of Oz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

And I have also a guilty pleasure to see that banned Nandos commercial who was banned because some didn't liked how Mugabe was portrayed in this ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls1VCPoN9GI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 06:21 AM
 
1,624 posts, read 855,297 times
Reputation: 1710
My parents named me after him I suppose that sounded like a good idea at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,749 posts, read 9,612,243 times
Reputation: 6920
Mugabe’s gone, but the terror machine he created still remains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Aliso Viejo, Orange County, CA
5,034 posts, read 6,487,197 times
Reputation: 4132
Here's a fellow African's perspective on Mugabe:

Breaking NEWS! Robert Mugabe is Dead! Full Report! 😓 #RIPMugabe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLxKjXXJNQQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,749 posts, read 9,612,243 times
Reputation: 6920
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Here's a fellow African's perspective on Mugabe:

Breaking NEWS! Robert Mugabe is Dead! Full Report! 😓 #RIPMugabe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLxKjXXJNQQ
There are a lot of black Zimbabwean exiles who would disagree with this woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 11:11 AM
 
3,194 posts, read 6,889,030 times
Reputation: 1590
I appreciate Dr. Mumbi's perspective and is shared by many Africans. Mugabe started off with the right idea. We can learn from the good and bad. Yes there were mistakes but:

- Zimbabwe's literacy rate 87% one of the highest literacy rate in the world
-Free Healthcare for the poor
-University of Zimbabwe hub for education
- In 2000, Mugabe passed an amendment to the constitution that made Britain pay reparations for the land it had seized from blacks. Mugabe claimed that he would seize British land as restitution if they failed to pay. The amendment put further strain on Zimbabwe's foreign relations.
- He loved his people and fought against Imperialism
- He fought for the African rights to own land in their own country

RIP Mugabe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,749 posts, read 9,612,243 times
Reputation: 6920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
I appreciate Dr. Mumbi's perspective and is shared by many Africans. Mugabe started off with the right idea. We can learn from the good and bad. Yes there were mistakes but:

- Zimbabwe's literacy rate 87% one of the highest literacy rate in the world
-Free Healthcare for the poor
-University of Zimbabwe hub for education
- In 2000, Mugabe passed an amendment to the constitution that made Britain pay reparations for the land it had seized from blacks. Mugabe claimed that he would seize British land as restitution if they failed to pay. The amendment put further strain on Zimbabwe's foreign relations.
- He loved his people and fought against Imperialism
- He fought for the African rights to own land in their own country

RIP Mugabe
Yeah, these massacres were “mistakes”.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gukurahundi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 12:32 PM
 
3,194 posts, read 6,889,030 times
Reputation: 1590
Mouldy Old Schmo

Massacres are not mistakes but are nothing short of tragedies. Too many global leaders have blood on their hands and it didn't start with Mugabe and won't end with him either.

BTW, what was the involvement by the west? They played a role in the massacres too!

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 09-06-2019 at 01:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top