Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:05 AM

7 posts, read 13,645 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your pst mhupp82! I know some people can't do the small town stuff, but I'm tired of dealing with neighbors disgruntle attitude and would like to live somewhere where the houses aren't right on top of each other. I'm used to the "bigger" city, but my fiance on the other hand moved here from a town of 300 in Idaho. He would LOVE to get back to the small town feel. Thanks for all the information! I know where I'll be looking for a job when I get my RN degree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM

7 posts, read 13,645 times
Which school system would you guys suggest?? Dover or New Philadelphia? No kids but they'll be here sooner or later.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 PM

13 posts, read 25,779 times
As far as school systems go I dont think theres really a noticeable difference between the two. I think Central Elementary in New Phila is probably the best option but not enough difference to really notice. Central sits in between Downtown and Tuscora park. Theres a nice mix of houses and rentals both in that area. If you were to live in Centrals district you would be within walking distance of Tuscora Park as well as the Main Branch of the Library and Downtown New Phila. I went to South in New Phila in K and 1st before I moved away and its a nice school as well but not a lot of rentals in that area and not much to walk to its all residential. West in New Phila is probably the only elementary that has enough diversity worth mentioning theres a fair amount of Hispanics on the Westside of New Phila and some around South elementary in Dover as well but not a lot.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM

129 posts, read 304,861 times
I would avoid the area near West school. It seems that it has really become run down over they years.

I have heard South or Central would be the better ones. If you go towards the StoneCreek area, you would have York Elem. I really don't know alot about the elementary schools in NP because I went to Garaway (Sugarcreek) until middle school. Welty is the middle school in NP and it was nice. I don't really have anything to compare it to though. I graduated from NPHS and it was a good school.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:06 AM

3 posts, read 8,343 times
Sorry I haven't posted on here in awhile, but is anybody familiar with the property taxes out there? I'm sure we'll start with a rental when we move, but I would like to eventually build on a few acres. Thanks guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton