Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:18 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareBetterThanAll View Post
From reading your other comments there is obviously more context behind this than what's in this thread, which makes a little more sense than your original semi-out-of-context post.
It should make a lot more sense. If you admit there's more context, then it's clearly not "semi-out-of-context".

Anyway...back to the Adventures of Nep.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 08-22-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It should make a lot more sense. If you admit there's more context, then it's clearly not "semi-out-of-context".

Anyway, what's wrong with asking people in various forums of different places to get a feel if I'd like it or not? It's called shopping around. Once again, your solution to everything is to just stay in CT forever, it seems.

Secondly, you suggested that I'd like SF. But I'm not sure about that. It seems ultra expensive for what I want (I have a decent amount of furniture) and the weather rarely gets warm. At least Ohio is cheap and warms up in the summer. I would like to wear shorts in the summer, every day, and SF doesn't seem to offer that. Heck, even CT offers that. Plus, SF seems to be fast paced, which I'm trying to get away from.

Thirdly, you recommended FFC. Come on now...seriously? Do you think I want an even more fast paced lifestyle? And a prohibitively expensive housing situation? No thanks. If I'm staying in CT, I will gladly stay in the Hartford area, because it's more well balanced IMO.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:08 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,709 times
Quote:

If the context is not in the thread then it makes it out if context. That's the very definition of out of context.

But now that you have introduced the context of your original out of context post, why are you here? I don't see a "Should I stay in CT?" thread in this forum.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Anyway, what's wrong with asking people in various forums of different places to get a feel if I'd like it or not? It's called shopping around. Once again, your solution to everything is to just stay in CT forever, it seems.
Apparently he hasn't made it to any of the Carolinas or Florida forums, he would go nuts.

"But it's much more dense than Charlotte! It's MORE DENSE! Their public transit is only LIGHT RAIL!"

Is it just me or is it weird this guy follows you around to different forums? To convince you not to move? Kinda creepy.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Secondly, you suggested that I'd like SF. But I'm not sure about that. It seems ultra expensive for what I want (I have a decent amount of furniture) and the weather rarely gets warm. At least Ohio is cheap and warms up in the summer. I would like to wear shorts in the summer, every day, and SF doesn't seem to offer that. Heck, even CT offers that. Plus, SF seems to be fast paced, which I'm trying to get away from.

Thirdly, you recommended FFC. Come on now...seriously? Do you think I want an even more fast paced lifestyle? And a prohibitively expensive housing situation? No thanks. If I'm staying in CT, I will gladly stay in the Hartford area, because it's more well balanced IMO.
Move to OH. But when your thread pops up on how much you hate it, I reserve the right to say "I told ya so".

Quote:
If the context is not in the thread then it makes it out if context. That's the very definition of out of context.

But now that you have introduced the context of your original out of context post, why are you here? I don't see a "Should I stay in CT?" thread in this forum.
Thanks for the definition, professor. In reality, you were humored. My response has zero to do with context. You took issue with the fact that I attempted to steer him away from your beloved and worldly Akron. Sorry. Truth hurts sometimes.

So bottom line: Nep asked about Ohio - I explained why he likely wouldn't like Ohio. I assume this is difficult for you to comprehend.

How are your public schools in Akron, sir? I'm pretty sure Nep wants to be around educated folks.

Quote:
Apparently he hasn't made it to any of the Carolinas or Florida forums, he would go nuts.

"But it's much more dense than Charlotte! It's MORE DENSE! Their public transit is only LIGHT RAIL!"

Is it just me or is it weird this guy follows you around to different forums? To convince you not to move? Kinda creepy.
Ahh. Can't come up with an intelligent response, so result to ad hominem attacks. The way of internet forums. Love it.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:59 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Quote:
Move to OH. But when your thread pops up on how much you hate it, I reserve the right to say "I told ya so".
So basically, you're telling me that CT is the absolute best possible place in the world for me to live. Sorry, but that's hard to believe.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Ok, so yankee has all of the answers. So why again is it you are following this guy around forum to forum trying to convince not to move?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
So basically, you're telling me that CT is the absolute best possible place in the world for me to live. Sorry, but that's hard to believe.
Oh, absolutely not. If you wanted to consider international, I have a whole list of cities you'd do well in.

Everyone has different needs and wants. I *think* CT is a good fit for you right now, because in reading your posts for years now, it seems that you have strict requirements that cannot be met in most areas. For someone else, say SquareBetterThanAll, Ohio is where they belong. Forever.

For me, I like CT but would eventually like to retire on the west coast (easier on the skin!).

Are you looking internationally?

Quote:
Ok, so yankee has all of the answers. So why again is it you are following this guy around forum to forum trying to convince not to move?
LOL - yes, I live and breathe "nep".

Old 08-22-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Everyone has different needs and wants. I *think* CT is a good fit for you right now, because in reading your posts for years now, it seems that you have strict requirements that cannot be met in most areas. For someone else, say SquareBetterThanAll, Ohio is where they belong. Forever.

For me, I like CT but would eventually like to retire on the west coast (easier on the skin!)

LOL - yes, I live and breathe "nep".
Absolutely what I said. Your paraphrasing skills are phenominal.

Bottom line you took the time to not only hunt down this guy's post on a forum you would never be in otherwise, read his post inquiring about a city, decided to post on how he shouldn't move, and then state that he asks the same questions in other cities forums. All of which means you have taken the time to deliberately seek out his posts.

There is no way or expanation you could possibly put forth that makes any if that normal.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:36 PM

Actually, I regularly scan the forms. I see so many threads by Nep that they're hard to avoid.

Perhaps we can get back to discussing where Nep's next online adventure is taking him, instead of mindlessly discussing why I'm offering my opinion. Shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton