U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 10:12 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,622,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBee View Post
I am coming to town on Tuesday for a job interview and am having a hard time time finding a small, two bedroom, fenced back yard house in or around Uniontown. I live out in the middle of nowhere now so the burbs would be the best for me. I also don't want to be much further than 10 to TOPS 15 minutes away from the office. I have ruled out Canton by the posts that I found here, so does anyone have a realtor or a property manager that has small fenced in back yard houses in the burbs?
That's pretty small and most of the development in that area is newer(-ish), larger(-ish) properties. The closer you can get to the city or older areas the more properties of that size you will find. I think the most likely age for a small house like that is going to be WWII era, and your biggest collection of those you will find closest to where you want to be is on the NE side of Canton or perhaps Firestone Park or Ellet in Akron.

Actually I would also check Springfield Township or Lakemore. Straight shot down Canton Road (Cleveland Ave) to Uniontown and a decent amount of ~1000 sq ft houses floating around. 10 to 15 minutes from Uniontown is a tight fit as if you are coming in off the expressway you've probably got 10-15 minutes to get there from the exit - unless you're using just the mailing address and are talking about Green.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 AM

12 posts, read 18,626 times
I have been informed it is Green. So in doing so I expanded my looking area on area rental sites and the available stock in my price range is pretty slim. I don't want to live in an apartment, I would consider a duplex or a well insulated townhouse. I don't think I could go back to living in a space where I can hear my neighbors in some form or fashion.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBee View Post
I have been informed it is Green. So in doing so I expanded my looking area on area rental sites and the available stock in my price range is pretty slim. I don't want to live in an apartment, I would consider a duplex or a well insulated townhouse. I don't think I could go back to living in a space where I can hear my neighbors in some form or fashion.
Go with the areas I gave you, see what you find, and check back in. Different neighborhoods have different qualities; I wouldn't make a blanket assumption on a whole city based on a few posts.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 3,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmss View Post
Hi, I am moving to Akron at the beginning of June. What would be the best areas to rent an apartment? I am single and don't really know anybody in the area so I would like to be in an area where it would be easier to meet people.
Akron Ohio, that's where I was born & raised, living in Florida now & missing home alot! My favorite parts of Akron , Firestone park, Goodyear Heights & what is now known as Green Township! I hope you learn to love Akron as much I do, Good luck in your move & finding a nice apartment!

Old 10-27-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeletta George View Post

Akron Ohio, that's where I was born & raised, living in Florida now & missing home alot! My favorite parts of Akron , Firestone park, Goodyear Heights & what is now known as Green Township! I hope you learn to love Akron as much I do, Good luck in your move & finding a nice apartment!
... what is now known as the City of Green. Hasn't been a township in a good while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton