Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 996 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have the worst neighbors in Akron! We bought our house 3 yrs ago, our neighbors got a puppy that summer, and a second dog last spring. In my backyard, we have a pool, a couple of big gardens and we always either company or a slew of our 14 grandkids. We cannot sit out on the deck and eat, because these neighbors don't and have NEVER cleaned up dog feces, these dogs are huge too!! Now I have called the housing dept, the humane society, neighborhood assistance (we even went to the office in Akron), our councilman, and finally I found their landlord's number online, and called him. I told him his house was a hot mess, did I mention I can count on one hand how many times they have even mowed their backyard in 3 yrs? He had his attorney send them a certified letter to clean it up within 30 days. He told me he was coming with a city inspector. Okay he came with a guy, on a saturday evening, they had hidden the 2nd dog, they didnt even look in the yard where all the dog mess is, they were asking what happened to a broke down swing set and his roof...what the hell!!! I am at my wits end, now what do I do???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 07:19 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Put up a fence.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:23 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,937,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Put up a fence.
That is what I did with my junky neighbor and their dogs. I put up a privacy fence. That helped tremendously!!

Old 11-14-2015, 09:16 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
OP....How do you know what the LL and Inspector were looking at? I assumed that you had a fence, because of your pool...If I am wrong that of course is a good suggestion. You might plant some plants that will shield you from this unsightly yard...I have no suggestions for camouflaging the poo.
Where we live, you can get fined for not cleaning up dog poo...And it would be the Health Dept. that I would call.
I cannot believe a LL would be so negligent about this kind of situation.

What has happened since you first posted? Any changes for the better??

Old 11-15-2015, 03:13 AM

1,180 posts, read 3,126,099 times
While you should report the situation (more than once if necessary) to the proper authorities including the health department as it is a health issue, if your grandchilren, whom you say visit often, are old enough why7 not suugest they start a pooper scooper business and offer to clean up the neighbor's yard for a fee.

With so many people working long hours these days poop scooping has become a viable, mony making business for enterprising adults and kids. In OH, of course, it would be seasonal work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton