Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 04:49 PM

5 posts, read 7,696 times

Advertisements

Alot of city dwellers have gardens and some cities rent out fenced and maintained spaces. There are tracts of the Cuyahoga River that have been opened up by new developement that require cleanup from old industial debris and the canal as well. Your post mentioned canoes , rocking chairs, and bikes at Young's old site , are these items immune to hoodie gangtas ? As for gangtas in hoodies hoeing gardens, so what. Other than negative feedback, do you have anything to offer ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,363,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN PENNY View Post
Alot of city dwellers have gardens and some cities rent out fenced and maintained spaces. There are tracts of the Cuyahoga River that have been opened up by new developement that require cleanup from old industial debris and the canal as well. Your post mentioned canoes , rocking chairs, and bikes at Young's old site , are these items immune to hoodie gangtas ? As for gangtas in hoodies hoeing gardens, so what. Other than negative feedback, do you have anything to offer ?
wow captun.........honestly capt can you actually see a bunch of gardens on Madison ave being tended by neighborhood teenagers? why dont you go for it and take your positive ideas and put them in action? and when summer arrives they can take the harvest to the farmers market and sell it and gain knowledge of how months of daily labor rewards them with a few dollars .....or they can sell crack on the corner and make hundreds a day

these kids have no parental guidance to show them right from wrong by the teenage years its pretty much to late for them .
prison has turned into a part of life for them its not will they go but when they will go.

I think if we could get involved and interact with these kids early in life we could make a difference,but as for me I fear some kids mother would place a lawsuit on me for a false child predator charge so as to get a easy paycheck out of it. so dont look to me to take part in anything that involves teen or preteen children ....America.....land of opportunity

Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 PM

5 posts, read 7,696 times
You are right about catching them early, it is commendable to contribute any good jesture, advise, or help. People are born perfect creatures, soon after it seems the world gets in line to screw them up. I'm proud to say in my life several people have benefited from my help and encouragement to define and reach their goals. It's a good feeling seeing someone you no longer recognize , seek you out in a crowd halfway around the world and thank you for pointing them to the right path. I've involved myself with activities that kept my kids and their friends off the streets and contributed my time and money and noticed that alot of parrents dump off their kids instead of investing their share of the workload. There needs to be more things constantly created for youth to stay busy and keep from getting bored, you know what happens when they get bored ! Youth centers, community projects, tours of work places, trail hikes, boating , maybe a free sponsered day at a golf course , ammusement park , ect.
Instead of throwing them in front of a TV or video game. America needs to pull the plug, stop the sarcasm and cynical attitudes.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 AM

capt,

I have many people who pointed me in the right direction,I would leave home and my mom would ask where are you going,I said I dont know,she would ask what are you going to do? I said I dont know,she would ask,when will you be home? I answered I dont know. and that is how my entire generation grew up.....but every neighbor knew they had the power to correct me if I got out of line and when I returned home the neighbor already phoned my mom and I would get double jeopardy for the same goof up.
in todays world if you correct a kid verbally or physically you have a law suite. as they say it takes a village to raise a child but in todays world you mind your own business and the child has no eyes watching them.

way into my twenties the lady who owned the neighborhood store told me she thought my life was worth a dime and called my mom to report me for a stupid crime I tried to pull ..... (my mom turned me into the police )......thank god, that was the most important phone call in my life ,I straightened out. and as my mom used to say,I know everything you do! but todays moms cant claim the same

Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 AM

well I'm heading back to Akron for summer.....I expect to see the Young's restaurant site in full construction as promised by "The Don" ............my moneys on the mayor was just doing what he does best.........false promises is a nice way of saying what he does best!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:30 AM

one year later.........once again I am getting ready to return to Akron and I was wondering did Donnie P strt the promised construction at the old Youngs restaurant?........................I didnt think so ,yall keep voting him in to office and you dont have to worry about neighbors mowing their lawns.....but getting shot by them may be a problem!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:28 PM

436 posts, read 1,644,403 times
Oh, ht, such a character you are lol

They tore down your fave Youngs restaurant and I don't believe they have started anything new on the grounds yet although I haven't been passt there in a few months, so I could be wrong....

Old 04-23-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrrl77 View Post
Oh, ht, such a character you are lol

They tore down your fave Young's restaurant and I don't believe they have started anything new on the grounds yet although I haven't been passt there in a few months, so I could be wrong....

I am getting ready to head back to Akron,I live in the lakes......I guess I have as much of a chance getting "The Don" to make his promise of a new building at Young's as you do of getting a grocery store at Highland Square!

but y'all keep voting him into office,...... he needs to see more exotic places abroad .........you want him you got him! I am just worried about his clammy hands getting n my tax dollars with his JEDD program.............maybe I will stay in Florida ......oh thats right I cant sell my house in the Akron area!

Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 AM

[quote=htlong;23984602]I am getting ready to head back to Akron,I live in the lakes......I guess I have as much of a chance getting "The Don" to make his promise of a new building at Young's as you do of getting a grocery store at Highland Square!

but y'all keep voting him into office,...... he needs to see more exotic places abroad .........you want him you got him!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow who woulda thunk the mayor didnt follow through with this project.......as he said he can lie with the best and y'all fell for it again.........oh yeah dont forget to vote for himagain.........

Old 03-23-2013, 05:14 AM

well I will be returning to Akron in a month or two . my friend told me the Don was talking about some action being taken on the Young's restaurant site , but he couldn't recall what it was, anyone have an update for me?
city girl how's your grocery store coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton