Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 5,901 times

Advertisements

I have my grandmothers diamond iron . It says patent appld for.Any ideal when the patent was 1st appled for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 03:49 PM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
mountain mama.....
my wife just places her iron in front of the door...i cant figure why there is a plug on it......why would someone make an electric door stop???????

Old 03-23-2008, 06:36 PM

2 posts, read 11,650 times
Default Akron Lamp

OK I was given these pair of beautiful solid marble table lamps with carvings in the white and grey marble. On the bottom of the lamp is a sticker stating Akron Company. These lamps are electric. I know that Akron only made gas lamps. I don't know. They were given to me by a multi-millionaire in California. I had worked for her and when I was married she told me to go down to the basement of the Vacation home and pick anythings that I will need to start my new life. I took these and a few other things. I would
really like to know if there is anyone that could direct me to an appraiser that specializes in Akron Lamps. I would be glad to send pictures to anyone that could help me appraise these two lamps.
Thanks
Sundee

Old 03-23-2008, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 11,650 times
It's not an iron. These lamps are marble and are 25 inckes tall. They are beautiful

Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 5,611 times
Default Diamond Iron dated Dec 22,1936

Hi Mountain Mama, I have the same iron you have it was my Mother's Moms and was wondering if anyone knows if these are worth anything. I have had this for years, if anyone can tell me any information I would appreciate it. I was born in Ohio and am just curious if anyone knows what they are worth and some info would be appreciated. Thanks, have a great Christmas everyone!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,378 times
My next door neighbor found an Iron like you are describing, i went here and this is a picture of the one i have http://www.prices4antiques.com/kitchen-household/sad-irons-laundry/Iron-Gas-Akron-Lamp-Co-Diamond-Rear-Globe-Tank-Turned-Handle-D9764223.htm.plus (broken link) i took pictures of the one i have,it s not as clean as the one on that page,but hey it s how old? it tickeled me that other people were intrested in this to.I d like to know what it would be worth now.Like i said my neighbor found it in a ole barn he was cleaning out.He wonts to know how much it s worth and where you would have to go to try and sell it.I my self would keep it,but i love old stuff.Somethings to me are worth more than money.But i do have pictures of his if anyone would like to see them.On this one it said patened applied for,but it does nt say when or if it was.but i guess it had to be huh.Any info you have id like to share.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,167 times
Default Rollin Steese Reiter

My grandfather was Jay C. Steese. Pres. Akron Lamp and Mfg Co.

I have much info of an informan nature about the co and Jay Steese

Old 08-22-2009, 01:03 PM

843 posts, read 1,297,688 times
Bump

Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,934 times
I have a Diamond Iron Manufactered by The Diamond Co. Anyone know what it's worth?

Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,507 times
re: Rollin Steese Reiter. I just found A diamond iron " Akron Lamp co." that say, Pat. applied for. can you give me any info like when this gasoline iron was actually made? I would like any info you have on it. Thanks Grandma in ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton