Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,458 times

Advertisements

I can answer this question correctly:

There is Pieces in Cuyahoga Falls on State Rd. There is also another Pieces store, which I think is near West Market and Wallhaven.

There are 3 Abbey Anne's. One at Tallmadge Circle, one on Cuyahoga Falls Avenue, and one on Brittain Road near the new Salvation Army.

Have fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 04:28 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,999,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videodrome View Post
I can answer this question correctly:

There is Pieces in Cuyahoga Falls on State Rd. There is also another Pieces store, which I think is near West Market and Wallhaven.

There are 3 Abbey Anne's. One at Tallmadge Circle, one on Cuyahoga Falls Avenue, and one on Brittain Road near the new Salvation Army.

Have fun
Pieces in Wallhaven closed a while ago.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,208 times
Whatever you do, do not go to Portage Lakes Consignment. Tamie, the owner, is a thief. She consigned all of my new furniture and sold it. After it sold, she has decided she will not pay me. After I told her I will take her to court to recover my money, the threats started. Threats like "I will be paying you a little visit". She is a crazy wack job and nobody needs that kind of problems.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 PM

3 posts, read 13,733 times
I might suggest two options:
Weekend tag sales. On the Beacon Journal site they're listed under 'classified's. Usually on Sunday items are marked down and towards the end of the day, really negotiable! Some do their own. One company is Marcia Zarembka (good people).

Secondly, there used to be an auction in Canton on Saturdays at 6. The name escapes me but passing route 30 headed south go about 2 exits farther and you'll see a big sign for Gulliver's Truck Stop (also a Wendy's and McDonalds). Exit...turn L and go about 1/4 mile to the first light. Turn L (north/Deuber Road). Auction is another 1/4 mile on the L. Couches, chairs, dressers, beds, appliances, TV's, outdoor furniture....really cheap! (plus a ton of boxed items). Auctioneers are nice, as well. Some junk, so you might not get everything you need in one visit.
Just go into the kitchen area to get signed in and get a number to use when bidding. (dress down!)

You might also try the Goodwill on Waterloo (east-west road on S end of Akron) right near 77. They usually have a few pieces.

Oh! Go see Bob at "Franklins" on West Avenue 1/4 mile east of Brittain! A showroom of nice clean stuff and he'll deal! And can deliver! I got a very, very nice 3-cushion leather couch from him (pillow-back with zippers to adjust stuffing) for $300. Also appliances and tons of miscellaneous. Quality merchandize/quality guy.

The Abbey Ann's mentioned above (2 locations) might give you sticker shock. They'll negotiate some but even still....

You want a 'steal'? That auction or a tag sale. You want really nice stuff at a decent price? Go see Bob. Everything else is inbetween.

Dean

Old 03-13-2010, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,049 times
There's a nice store not too far from the Akron/Canton area in Hubbard, Ohio called Fabulous Interiors, LLC. They offer nice quality resale furniture and accessories at reasonable prices. They also have some newly reuholstered pieces. Here's their website to give you a better idea what they have - [url=http://fabulousinteriorsllc.wordpress.com/]Fabulous Interiors, LLC[/url]

Old 03-14-2010, 07:21 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniewkndwear View Post
There's a nice store not too far from the Akron/Canton area in Hubbard, Ohio called Fabulous Interiors, LLC. They offer nice quality resale furniture and accessories at reasonable prices. They also have some newly reuholstered pieces. Here's their website to give you a better idea what they have - Fabulous Interiors, LLC
Not too far away? Hubbard is around an hour to hour-half away.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphuff View Post
Whatever you do, do not go to Portage Lakes Consignment. Tamie, the owner, is a thief. She consigned all of my new furniture and sold it. After it sold, she has decided she will not pay me. After I told her I will take her to court to recover my money, the threats started. Threats like "I will be paying you a little visit". She is a crazy wack job and nobody needs that kind of problems.
This is very true, I have dealt with her and it was a NIGHTMARE. She is absolutley one of the most UNPROFESSIONAL people I have dealt with. Gets extremely rude with people and is just awful!!!! I have heard this from many other people as they have had the same experience as well.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:40 PM

4 posts, read 12,996 times
Thumbs down Such a thief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarket fab View Post
This is very true, I have dealt with her and it was a NIGHTMARE. She is absolutley one of the most UNPROFESSIONAL people I have dealt with. Gets extremely rude with people and is just awful!!!! I have heard this from many other people as they have had the same experience as well.

OMG this woman Tamie or Tami completely ripped me off. Over 2000 dollars she ows me. It looks like she skipped town with peoples money and stuff. Contact me if you want, we're starting a class action suit against her. My number is 805-568-1425 you can email me too at [EMAIL="jenniferpacella@gmail.com"]jenniferpacella@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Only contact me if you were ripped off and you have proof.

I have detailed spreadsheets that prove that she not only kept merchandise, she under paid me every month and there is a slew of items she "said" she paid me for and did not. Excuse after excuse, her "computer was down" her "employees ripped her off", "she was moving", "she moved but her place was damaged", it went on and on.

She will pay in the end. No doubt...

Anyway, stay away if you find a consignment shop in Akron or Portage Lakes that pops up with an owner named Tamie or Tami or Tammi.

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton