U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 PM

5 posts, read 26,184 times
Default Any good furniture consignment stores in Canton/Akron area?

We are moving back to Ohio from AZ, and no, we're not nuts! We are selling our furniture with the house here in AZ, and need all new furniture. We don't want high end, but we don't want junk either. Can anyone recommend any good furniture stores or consignment stores in the Akron/Canon/Massillon area? How about internet providers? We have Verizon cell phones and DIRECTV, but will need an internet provider. Thanks for your help!
Dick & Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 AM

57 posts, read 105,589 times
Can't help with consignment stores, but Levin Furniture has the best selection of decent new non junk stuff.

Also, AT&T is making a strong push in the area. We switched from Time Warner to AT&T and have been pretty happy.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 AM

1 posts, read 7,776 times
Try the antique outlet in Medina on RT 18 West, just before you get 71N, on you right . It has a huge selection of antique, different era,and very presentable pieces of furniture,for all kinds of tastes.
Try Sugarcreek , they have a Sale room which they regularly add tables. dressers, chairs,great things drastically reduced.
Wayside in Akron has competative prices and options to pay 2-3yrs same as cash.
I am an experienced furniture shopper and buyer. You can take my word
Vera

Old 05-27-2009, 12:23 PM

45 posts, read 92,320 times
Wayside -- you can't go wrong! I am very happy with the couch, recliner, end table, coffee table, lamp, and TV stand I bought there.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:56 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,090,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burckhart View Post
We are moving back to Ohio from AZ, and no, we're not nuts! We are selling our furniture with the house here in AZ, and need all new furniture. We don't want high end, but we don't want junk either. Can anyone recommend any good furniture stores or consignment stores in the Akron/Canon/Massillon area? How about internet providers? We have Verizon cell phones and DIRECTV, but will need an internet provider. Thanks for your help!
Dick & Vicki
There are a few around like Auntie Anne's but I think they tend to trend to the lower end of the scale. To be honest I think your best bet is to check the Furniture-By-Owner listings on the Akron-Canton portion of Craigslist. All sorts of stuff of all qualities turns up on there - sometimes at fantastic prices.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 7,493 times
Smile Twice Is Nice Consignments Hartville Ohio

Hello, I have Twice Is Nice Consignments in Hartville Ohio between Akron & Canton. Affordable Fashions for the Family & Home. We won the Akron Canton Fox 8 Hot List #1 for Best Resale Store 2009. We have a ever changeing selection of household items that come in daily. www.hartvilletwiceisnice.com good luck in your search. I was just in Arizona for a Resale conference & loved it! HOT! HOT! HOT! Hope to see ya Rose Banner owner.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM

2 posts, read 13,508 times
Default second hand

A great shop in this area is Abby Annes, several around, also try local classified. Many seniors find need to down size, and offer good items in local papers. GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-05-2009, 06:09 PM

17 posts, read 69,603 times
I love Pieces on State Road in Cuyahoga Falls.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:16 AM

6 posts, read 10,329 times
You might also try the Flea Market Connection & Consignments in Ellet . . . they have a wide array of unique and interesting items, as well as a little care you can get some delicious food in. Visit their webpage at [URL="http://www.1wp.com/go/FleaMarketConnection/index.html"][URL]http://www.1wp.com/go/FleaMarketConnection/index.html[/URL][URL]

Old 11-07-2009, 04:47 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,676,118 times
just to play the devil's advocate here.....I have been leery about leaving my furniture at a consignment shop due to the fact I once dated a girl who worked in one in Columbus,she said the owner wouldn't call people when she sold something and many people forgot about their product and those who came to collect had to do so through the small claims court . in the end many just walked away and didn't want the hassle. how can a person stay in business with these habits? I dont know but the worker told me she did it on a regular bases. I think 99.9% are legit but since she told me this story I wonder.

That being said a new consignment store has opened on portage lakes Dr by north reservoir ,I never stopped to check it out it seems to look like it would be a interesting stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton