Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,617 times

Advertisements

Ok, so on my way back home from getting gas this evening, I got the info for those apartments:
English Market Apartments 330-459-5656. They are located at 1500-1516 W. Market St. and I'm pretty sure they are only 2 bedroom apartments. They are listed on Rent.com but I didn't put my e-mail addy in to get more info.

As for the houses (for rent), I didn't see any when I drove around the immediate Hardesty Park area. Most duplexes and homes for rent will be found in the Highland Square area. Anyway, to give you an idea of what the house facing Hardesty Park are going for, I have listed some below (the Wallhaven area of Akron has the zip code 44313 btw):
RE/MAX KEYSTONE REALTY

RE/MAX KEYSTONE REALTY

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

This one is on North Hawkins, which is the street behind the one facing Hardesty:
Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

Here is one of my faves - this is north of Elm Hill Park that I mentioned before:
RE/MAX KEYSTONE REALTY

Roughly, you're going to pay $100K+ in the area. I know it's not info you necessarily needed, but it doesnt hurt to know more. Hope the links work and that all this helps in some form
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 05:25 AM

15 posts, read 69,915 times
@citygrrl

A great many thanks, this info was very valuable. I am learning that houses for rent around there go fast, I saw one, called the guy, and told me, he already rented the home. The interesting thing that I found is that on the inside those homes look awesome. The listing is a good thing, you never know, contacting the agents someone may be willing to rent.
We are planning a trip this coming weekend to look around. I may need to have a backup plan for other areas to look in case I cannot get a rental.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 AM

No problem
Yeah, most of the houses in the area are pretty well-kept and a lot of times you will find ones that have been modernized (like the Elm Hill Park one or that one on Beauparc).
Good point about the agents - I never thought about that.
Well, I hope that you find what you are looking for! Have a great visit and just let me know if you have any more questions

Old 08-04-2009, 09:16 AM

15 posts, read 69,915 times
Thanks to those that have responded. I am lining up my plan of attack to maximize my time there. Rentals go fast, I have done some initial calls, and all I hear, we have a contract already.
How about the area around Letchworth Dr. I did quick google map and google street view and it seemed ok, but hard to tell from that. The map does show me a concern, that is a train tracks that run in parallel. Any thoughts or opinions? Would that be consider northwest Akron? I did notice is was right north of Highland Square, but you never know one pocket may be great another you would steer clear.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:34 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmings View Post
Thanks to those that have responded. I am lining up my plan of attack to maximize my time there. Rentals go fast, I have done some initial calls, and all I hear, we have a contract already.
How about the area around Letchworth Dr. I did quick google map and google street view and it seemed ok, but hard to tell from that. The map does show me a concern, that is a train tracks that run in parallel. Any thoughts or opinions? Would that be consider northwest Akron? I did notice is was right north of Highland Square, but you never know one pocket may be great another you would steer clear.
Letchworth is a nice area. That general vicinity runs from probably $150,000 to past $1,000,000 if you head over to Merriman.

And yes that would be considered Northwest Akron. A rough rule of thumb for people who use NW Akron broadly is north of Exchange or Market and West of the Little Cuyahoga River / Canal / Towpath Trail.

The actual neighborhood (instead of the section of the city) is north of Memorial Parkway, east of Merriman +/-, west of the Little Cuyahoga River / Canal, and a little bit south of Sand Run Metropark. It's kind of the code for the geographical area that's not quite Highland Square, not quite Wallhaven, not quite Merriman Valley.

Good luck "shopping". You should be able to turn up some leads.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrrl77 View Post
I'm not a fan of anything north of Garmin Rd., personally.
The single family home areas are fine, like Wiltshire and Kingsley. It's just the blocks with duplexes that are a little more ehh (generally).

Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareBetterThanAll View Post
The single family home areas are fine, like Wiltshire and Kingsley. It's just the blocks with duplexes that are a little more ehh (generally).
That is true.

@Lemmings - I agree with everything that Square also added. Always on point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
View detailed profiles of: