Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,414,797 times

Advertisements

You were raised in Bath/Akron? Which one? There's a big difference. Either you lived down the street from where Lebron currently resides or you actually experienced the city and truly understand the state it's in. Taking a quick drive through to catch an aeros game and relying on your suburban friends's horror stories is not the same thing as actually living in the city.

Have you actually lived within city limits for more than a few weeks? If at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 01:25 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parvonet View Post
[SIZE=2]Actually NO~~ I'm just stating my opinion to the questions posted~~ I was born & raised in Bath/Akron & lived there till the mid 90's when I moved out ... I've been back every 2-3 yrs. to visit & see family, funerals etc... It has certainly lost any luster I recall from childhood & friends & family who still live there constantly tell of rapes, murders car jackings, home invasions etc. Even now in places that were nice while I was growing up! Rolling acres? Nice /safe? Chapel Hill? Highland square?? Even Summit Mall is run down & has gangs of wiggers roaming the half-filled mall now!! Friend who have small children & young teenagers are desperately looking to move mainly for safety reasons! So when some poor bastard who DOES NOT know the area asks a genuine question about the area, employment & safety…………. Myself and any other decent person will tell them truthfully the horrendous ass dump it really had turned into over the last decade!
[/SIZE]
Wiggers? Really? Really?! How old are you, anyway?

And where do your family and friends live that there are tons of rapes, murders, car jackings and home invasions? In the absolute worst neighborhood in Akron? Projects? Trailer park, maybe? Or do they live in pretty, prissy Bath where they believe that as long as there aren't McMansions or white picket fences or stuck up ass clowns like them, then that must mean it's the ghetto?

Summit Mall is not run down. You are delusional in every sense of the word. They just dropped millions into that mall to make it better than it was before. And, if you were actually smart and knew what you were speaking about, you would know that Summit Mall is in 'high-class' Fairlawn. Fairlawn is not part of Akron. It is a totally different city. So, wait, now you're going to start saying that Fairlawn is the hood, right?

It's one thing to ramble off your opinions but it's completely different to pass around the wrong information. I think You might be the poor bastard that DOES NOT know the area.
Bath_Sucks.com

Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 PM

27 posts, read 92,862 times
Coming from Atlanta I think you would find Akron to be remarkably cheap....and cold in the winter.

The University of Akron is growing in leaps and bounds.

The area has issues with crime and slow economy....but compared to ATL I don't think they would be that big of a change. Less diversity than ATL....

Great values in housing ....check out West Akron area....
Stay away from Cuyahoga Falls...its not named Caucasian Falls for no reason....

Old 11-20-2009, 10:11 PM

22 posts, read 46,959 times
[SIZE=2]Blah Blah!! I was responding to a question! I was raised in Bath, lived in Kent when I was at KSU, lived in Akron & Highland square for years! Summit Mall is OK but just by dumping millions into it does not make it all "brand new & shiny!" I was there less than a year ago & went to all the old tromping grounds! Esp. Merriman valley where I lived/worked & played for several years! Still depressing, crumbling & dumpy! The park is still beautiful & driving out to Boston Mills but you still have that wicked cool alpine architecture thing going on in the valley & the wonderful dense cluttered dumpy crap they built on the hill going to Timber Top! Oh & BTW most of my friends in Ohio are either in Law Enforcement, Law Or Medicine! You really think a cop is going to down play the true picture of crime in an area? But I guess because they’re educated & employed they don’t have a true picture of life in Akron! ?? They should be struggling & & miserable w/ the rest of Akrons' "high" society?? WTF!!
Once again !! Giving MY opinion to a question to someone NOT familiar w/ the area!
[/SIZE]

Old 11-21-2009, 03:22 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,373,579 times
wow!!! if you hit the lottery i feel the first words out of your mouth would be....but I have to pay taxes on it....have another glass of whine! all things change and some people just cant handle things changing its not that bad here , Akron has some very bad areas but that is true in every mid size town

Old 11-21-2009, 08:03 AM

Read thre prior posts! Was not really talking about "bad areas" was commenting on the look, feel,& activities overall! It's grey, depressing, congested at times , old infrastructure & the original poster was moving from Atlanta to the area & wanted info! SO suck it a** hole & read the original post before jumping in w/ your little petty comment Oh & btw IF i won the lotto the first thing I'd do is move from the sunny South back to dump ass getto Akron!! Yea!!!... NOT!

Old 11-21-2009, 12:51 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,999,467 times
Quote:
[SIZE=2]the wonderful dense cluttered dumpy crap they built on the hill going to Timber Top!
[/SIZE]
That would be the same type of apartment developments they are currently throwing up all over the Southern cities, i.e. Atlanta, Charlotte, etc.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:57 PM

1,522 posts, read 2,999,467 times
Quote:
congested at times

Quote:
By definition, congestion is having too many commuters on the roads.
Quote:
In Depth: 10 Best Cities For Commuters
No. 6: Cleveland, Ohio

Although you might not expect it from a Midwestern city, where cars are relied on to get to work, Cleveland has a pretty good train system, with 50 stops in the metro area, ranking it roughly in the middle of cities nationwide. Driving is easy, too--the average car-bound commuter spends just 13 hours a year delayed by rush-hour traffic.

In Depth: 10 Best Cities For Commuters - Forbes.com

Old 11-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Well it's still congested because the roads are CRAP!! Pot holes, crumbling shoulders, lanes too small~~ You're all like chickens going to the processing plant~~ "Well it's not TOO BAD since we're not there yet!! " And as far as the crap housing you seem to think they're throwing up in ATL etc.. not the same at all!!~~ are not low income getto homes! Most of the big development construction has stopped cold.. but the stuff that is going on is not lowincome we use granite here & don't decorate w/ inside plants & 1980's disco mirrors all over the walls!! HAHAAH GO thru some of the on-line MLS homes for Akron etc.. !! Very Progressive!!

Old 11-21-2009, 04:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,414,797 times
Parvonet, you have an opinion that radically differs from everyone else on these forums who actually lives in Akron. I suspect this is no coincidence. Get a life and quit trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton