Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 05:39 PM

6 posts, read 8,824 times

Advertisements

I just got a job in downtown Akron and need to relocate from the Chicago suburbs. I am a 21 year old single male and am looking to rent an apartment for less than $700 a month. My priorities are living in a safe area that is near people my age / possibly within walking distance of downtown/places of entertainment.

I've heard good things about 'the valley', and I really like that it is nearby hiking trails (I like to run), but it is too far from downtown to walk. Highland Square seems to be a nice area as well, and with a nice location.

Besides these areas, is there anything else that would meet my conditions? Would living in downtown/nearby the University of Akron work? Any insight would be appreciated. Thank for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 05:42 PM

15 posts, read 36,249 times
Highland Square sounds like your best bet. Get an apt in one of the highrises right on West Market.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,374,822 times
I agree Highland Square ,just stay N. of market

Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 PM

436 posts, read 1,647,508 times
Highland Square would work although I would say that it is still not close enough to walk downtown (and, actually, the further you get down W.Market towards downtown - I wouldnt want to be walking that anyway).
If you prefer to go the high-rise route, you can check out Tower 80 tower80.com
I think 1 BRs there run about $650/mth.
I can give you other options, but that would be your best bet location-wise in the Square. You would have to drive down to Sand Run (to run) but you can always run in the neighborhood as well.

If you would prefer post WWI-type buildings, I can give you a run down of those as well. They are cheaper and more charming, however, they lack modern amenities.

I have pics of the neighborhood in my album, so you can get an idea of the area if you arent already aware.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton