Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2007, 07:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,956 times

Advertisements

We now live in Tucson Arizona and are looking at the Ozark/Enterprise area. We have E-maied several realestate agents. They have not contacted us.. We would like to retire to the area since I have family in Lakeland Fla. Since our kids have kids of their own we do not care about schools other than not wishing to live next to one. In Tucson, we have the worlds largest beach, but it is a 4 hour drive to the water. Any information/help will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 07:50 PM

25 posts, read 146,903 times
would be happy to tell you anything about Enterprise. Got any specifics??? Great peaceful town. Good food. Great people. More than adequate shopping options. Some nice parks. Rivers. Neighboring quaint communities. If church is your thing? Plenty of those that welcome everyone. Absolutely AMAZING local produce. Nice location to get around Alabama, to Florida and to Georgia. Cost of living is not necessarily incredibly cheaper. A bunch of great new home developments as well as wonderful old homes. Panama City beach is a nice easy straight drive less than 90 miles. Dothan, a larger community, 25 miles away has all the big city ammenities and it is growing. Enterprise is experiencing reasonable amount of growth. Got specifics??? Ask away.

Plenty of great real estate agents. I am not one. Not sure it is allowed to make any referrals on here or not?????

Google Enterprise, there are some decent sites. chamber of Commerce. The city has a site.

Have 2 people in my life that have fallen in love with Enterprise. Both will be moving here. One from Maine. One from, NYC. One because they want out of the cold and deserted Maine. The other because of falling in love.

Last edited by bohem21; 06-24-2007 at 08:12 PM..

Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 6,956 times
bohem21
Not looking for a new house or HOA. Live in one and hate same. I did live in Biloxi for a year. One area we were considering is not there anymore. So we look inland. We are looking for an area that the neighbors are not too close as they are here. We do not hunt, I do fish (salt water). I have a 23 year history in Law Enforcement and am employed by the local County Medical Examiner. So we like quiet. And if I might say without offending anyone, not to red. If you know a good agent, let me know and I will forward my FAX#.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:37 AM

56 posts, read 211,649 times
Enterprise is a nice area... If you are looking for quiet, small surrounding towns such as New Brockton and Coffee Springs offer a lot of space and peace... There are a lot of new developments coming up in the Enterprise/New Brockton area and the neighborhoods are charming and family oriented. There are a few good realtors to get in touch with... Leigh Rogers is really nice, and I can PM you how to get in touch with her. She helped my mom and dad get thier house, and they love it. There is a lot of military in Enterprise and the surrounding areas due to Fort. Rucker being so close. Because of this, you have a pretty even amount of your average lovable "reds" as you call them, and people from various other parts of the country, and world for that matter... I am from NY, and my boyfriend is from Oregon... and we know a lot of people who are from Georgia, NY, TX, FL, WA, CA, Vermont, everywhere to say the least....

Old 06-28-2007, 07:40 AM

2 posts, read 6,552 times
If your family is in Lakeland Florida and you like to salt water fish, why are you looking at Alabama. I have lived in Florida for over 30 years and I can tell you this is the best time I have seen to buy a home here in those 30 years. Prices have dropped through the bottom of the bucket. You can get a lot of house for half price right now. Some think high taxes and insurance is the way it will stay here but nothing remains the same for long in Florida. They are working on dropping taxes now and it is only a matter of time before insurance costs come in to line. As this slow down continues, politicians, realtors and developers will take the steps necessary to resolve these negatives. It hurts their pocketbooks. Need I say more?

I love Florida. Alabama isn't Florida and never will be. This is the only sub-tropical area in the continental US. People will always come here. They always have. This is an adjustment period and it is maybe the last best chance to get in here before things go through the roof again and they will. I have seen it three times in 30 years. Every time there is a drop in the market the doom and gloomers say it is over. History doesn't support that view. I have always used these times to upgrade to a bigger nicer house. I have never regretted it. Some people who sold out at the peak of the market a couple of years ago and moved to NC and Georgia have sold out and come back and bought twice the house. They didn't like the cloudy, rainy, cold winters that last far too long. Sun shines here everyday from October to May. That is hard to beat anywhere.

If you like the things you do and have family here, why would you look anywhere else?

Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 38,861 times
You are right, now is the time to buy, and I love Florida. Sorry, your insurance rates will not go down. You will have to pay for paradise, or just visit it. The insurance companies base their rates on probability. If you want to live on the coast, you can't expect other states to pick up the tab for storm damage. New Brockton Alabama will be my choice to retire, because I can still enjoy the beach, without the thought of having to pack up every time there is a major storm warning on the coast. Living inland has it's advantages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama