Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 PM

3,455 posts, read 4,798,590 times

Advertisements

I assume you meant to say "Alabama has a LOT of uneducated people" but you apparently left the Alabama out. If that is what you intended to say, every state has a lot of uneducated people. The entire country has a lot of uneducated people. Your argument really doesn't make much sense. There are "some people that vote without knowing anything about the candidates" in every race country wide. If you apply your logic to any political vote, then nobody should be in their office because they do not represent their constituents. lol

If the people you say they do not represent are unhappy with their representation, wouldn't you think they would vote differently instead of electing the same people over and over? Think about it, that is how the system works you know. lol

Old 04-25-2011, 04:25 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,332,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I assume you meant to say "Alabama has a LOT of uneducated people" but you apparently left the Alabama out. If that is what you intended to say, every state has a lot of uneducated people. The entire country has a lot of uneducated people. Your argument really doesn't make much sense. There are "some people that vote without knowing anything about the candidates" in every race country wide. If you apply your logic to any political vote, then nobody should be in their office because they do not represent their constituents. lol

If the people you say they do not represent are unhappy with their representation, wouldn't you think they would vote differently instead of electing the same people over and over? Think about it, that is how the system works you know. lol

I think I may have deleted it, but you're correct.

I think more than anything, those that are rather stupid let themselves get manipulated by Fox News and the like.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:24 PM

46,175 posts, read 26,894,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post

I think more than anything, those that are rather stupid let themselves get manipulated by Fox News and the like.
Moderator cut: snip

People believe what they want, that does not make them stupid, and your comment is a VERY broad comment....

I could say the same thing about you, now that it is obvious that you disagree with Fox News, using your logic, all people who don't watch Fox News are stupid.

Does that make an sense to you?

Last edited by Keeper; 04-26-2011 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: flamming

Old 04-25-2011, 05:35 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,185,999 times
i think you are wrong to equate uneducated with stupid. there are many very intelligent people that were never given the right opportunity to excel, in Alabama as anywhere. Education can be very expensive and beyond the means of many, that doesn't mean they do not have the power to reason and understand what is happening around them. I believe they thought Einstein had a learning disability when he was young. Uneducated = nurture, Stupid = nature.

Personally, I'd think Alabama would love Obama, with the names rhyming and all

Quote:
you are right that too many people get all their information from one or two sources. For example, growing up I believed the Soviet Union was a evil empire that we should all hate, but when you step back from the grade school propaganda and take a world view you'll find that the people living there are much like us.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM

3,455 posts, read 4,798,590 times
Quote:

Well you know what they say about opinions.....

Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 PM

i guess there are always exceptions to any rule...

Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,332,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Moderator cut: snip .

People believe what they want, that does not make them stupid, and your comment is a VERY broad comment....

I could say the same thing about you, now that it is obvious that you disagree with Fox News, using your logic, all people who don't watch Fox News are stupid.

Does that make an sense to you?
Well, you're kind of twisting it. I said people that let themselves be manipulated by Fox News. Not people who watch Fox News, there's a difference. One can most certainly watch it, but be smart enough to see through a lot of the BS. Insert any news channel into those sentences, but the others seem to not have a blatant disregard for fact checking.

Buzzards, you make a great point - there are many uneducated people that are quite intelligent. Just as there are educated people that are a bit dense.

Last edited by Keeper; 04-26-2011 at 05:54 AM..

Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Well, you're kind of twisting it. I said people that let themselves be manipulated by Fox News. Not people who watch Fox News, there's a difference. One can most certainly watch it, but be smart enough to see through a lot of the BS. Insert any news channel into those sentences, but the others seem to not have a blatant disregard for fact checking.

Buzzards, you make a great point - there are many uneducated people that are quite intelligent. Just as there are educated people that are a bit dense.
got that right penn, lots of kids taking random classes just to stay on daddy's medical plan... learning nothing and heading nowhere fast. if you gave that same opportunity to truly talented but uneducated person, a moment wouldn't be wasted.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,085,591 times
Keep this about AL politics. We have a forum for political discussions if you want to discuss other issues.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM

143 posts, read 281,754 times
Looks like Obama will now be visiting Alabama. There's nothing like a natural disaster to get the President to visit your area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama