Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:14 PM

38 posts, read 145,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
I guess where you moved from old people were not rude. I have always found that old people can be very rude no matter what part of the country they lived. That being said "getting in HIS FAMILIES face" and calling him an "old fart" is just as rude and you can't even blame it on senility. I'm surprised that you weren't fired on the spot. I was always brought up to meet rudeness with civility!
I actually haven't met that many rude older folks to tell you the truth. I was brought up to meet rudeness with civility as well, but sometimes you just react.....especially when you are younger. Looking back on it, it may not have been the right thing to do. My boss was fine with it-he took over the table for me. Luckily, he understood I shouldn't have to take verbal or physical abuse at work. Working in the healthcare industry I meet a lot of older people and I have realized that this part of the country especially was just a very different place when they were younger. I'm just glad that I got to experience different areas of the country growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 03:27 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,565,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS01 View Post
Look here buddy truth is most people in alabama dont want outsiders moving to our communities. If you really ask most people in alabama especially rural bama they will tell you that they dont like mexicans movin here, or rich forin yankees buyin up land and meanwhile driving up the prices for everyone. Now i got to worry if i can graze my cattle on leased land next year. Bottom line is over here in WADLEY alabama most people round here feel the same way i do, we are proud of the old alabama cause thats the way our grandparents and parents made it for us, so if you dont like that than you can threestep your ass back where you come from.
Wow, I'm glad in my rural town of less than 400 here in Alabama, I'm not treated like this

And what the heck is "forin"

Old 02-22-2008, 04:18 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,813,088 times
If you haven't seen rudeness in older people before, you are indeed fortunate because it is a well established phenomenon. Generally it is blaimed on the fact that older people believe they have a right to say or do whatever they please because they have lived so long. Since I am rapidly approaching that stage myself, I don't think I am talking out of turn. And by the way, I have lived all over the country as well, and find where I live in Alabama to be one of the most friendly places. My mother had a saying when I was growing up -- You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. I have always tried to keep that in mind.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:19 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,336,985 times
JS01, hon, I looked at your other posts real quick.
You've claimed to have been "born and raised" in Guin, and then Georgiana, and now you say you're in Wadley. Those 3 towns aren't even close to each other.
Actually....methinks you live under a bridge.
Like...you know...a troll!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 04:21 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,565,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
JS01, hon, I looked at your other posts real quick.
You've claimed to have been born Guin, and then Georgiana, and now you say you're in Wadley. Those 3 towns aren't even close to each other.
Actually....methinks you live under a bridge.
Like...you know...a troll!!!
Don't forget to add "orrville alabama" to list of places JS01 supposedly came from! LOL

Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,373 times
Default reason #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Wow, I'm glad in my rural town of less than 400 here in Alabama, I'm not treated like this

You sound like the reason the small towns in Alabama are slowly disappearing. You need an influx of new people to keep a town fresh.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM

7,469 posts, read 6,188,045 times
Five year old thread.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM

25 posts, read 60,306 times
lolz most intersting discussion on this forum :P

Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 PM

3 posts, read 5,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post

I know this is an old thread, but weren't you the one on the 2nd page complaining people were making fun of your accent?

Many small rural towns don't like change, North or South. New people moving in and wanting to change their ways instead of just blending in. I think most would welcome new citizens that just want to become one of them. If you move from a large town to a small one, just accept it and try not to change it.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 AM

25 posts, read 60,306 times
this isn't new thing to get surprise but my advice to is how ever they treat you family just be kind to them and invite them to your house for dinner or something like that. Every human being as heart do something that you get into there hearts. Hope it works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama