U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:00 PM

16 posts, read 39,467 times
Cool Paint Rock Alabama

Does anyone have information on a place called Paint Rock AAl? It is said to be at the Al/TN line. There was an Indian School three called Paint Rock Schhool. I think it was a missionary School for the Native american children to learn English. If anyone lknows of such a school, please advise.
In Peace<>+<>
Neshoba
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 01:14 AM

5,005 posts, read 10,622,082 times
Check a map - Paint Rock is not on the Ala.-Tenn. line, but it is not far. It's a very small country town. Dollar General (or the equivalent) is the biggest store in town. I believe you are right about the school, but don't know any details.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:11 AM

7 posts, read 20,941 times
Default Paint Rock

Paint Rock is near Gurley, Woodville, and Scottsboro. It is a very small town. When riding through, if you blink, you miss it. It is located in Jackson County.
I found some history here: Jackson County, Alabama History

Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 18,646 times
My grandmother went to Paint Rock school and my mothers and Aunts went there as well. I have never heard of this but would be interested if you find any info on this

Shaun

Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 AM

19 posts, read 38,934 times
Default or it could be something else

hello .there is also a place near fultondale alabama where there is a rock formation with a alter type looking thing in the top where there is a hole.heavly hit by vandals but it "feels" like there was history before them.it could just be a ordinary occult site but since it is "painted"and the alter thing is there i just thought i would bring it up. i suppose its unrelated but you may get a kick out of it,"carefull" exploring there ,if you find it at all... sincerly crying boy resting in shade

Old 12-21-2008, 01:09 PM

6 posts, read 8,900 times
Default Alabama Indian Information

Hi,
I have the url for the Alabama Indian Affairs Commission. They have information on almost everything involving the Indians of Alabama. I'm sure if this school existed they would know how to help you find more information about it. Go to the link, then contact information... Call them or email them! Good luck....

[url=http://aiac.alabama.gov/Prog_Scholarships.aspx]Alabama Indian Affairs Commission[/url]

Old 01-06-2009, 11:47 AM

6 posts, read 16,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshoba View Post
Does anyone have information on a place called Paint Rock AAl? It is said to be at the Al/TN line. There was an Indian School three called Paint Rock Schhool. I think it was a missionary School for the Native american children to learn English. If anyone lknows of such a school, please advise.
In Peace<>+<>
Neshoba
hi, i live about 10 miles from paint rock, im at the woodville library now. lol.... i dont know anything about such a school there, i asked the librarian who has relatives there, and neither does she.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 PM

I appreciate all of your help. My father died when I was nine. He was 64 years old, He was half my mom's age. Daddy kept us away from public as much as possible. He said it was better to be black than Indian. My father's half sisters and one brother really treated him bad because his mom was Chrerokee.
I appreciate all the reply's. In Peace my friends <>+<>
Nesh

Old 05-09-2010, 10:28 PM

My grand father was delivering coal trhere around 1990-1899 . My father was born in 1894 and his sibling and mother died when he was three years old. Grandpa remarried real soon and had three daughters and another son. So I am thinking 1890 -1894 would be a good timeline to look in for school info. . I only know that my aunt called it Paint Rock Indian School.
Thanking u in advance
Neshoba

Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 PM

Thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama