Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:17 PM

7 posts, read 31,375 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Fruithurst? We are on line looking at homes and can not find out much about the town. Is anyone from there or know anything about the town?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 09:55 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
Susansflower, sorry nobody has answered you on Fruithurst. Guess we have nobody here familiar with it. We used to go through it going back and forth from Atlanta to Alabama...it was a notorious speed trap back in the day. It is a very small town...that's really all I know about it. Good luck!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:31 PM

49 posts, read 273,907 times
That's all I remember also.........speed trap & very small community. That was our shortcut to Atlanta back in the '70's. Have you checked it out under city-data.com?

Old 09-03-2007, 05:32 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Here is the link in city-data
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fruithurst-Alabama.html

WoW.. it is a small town.. The one thing to remember is the data looks like it hasn't been updated since 2000 so there may be more people now..
Here is another one from the newspaper..
Fruithurst News - [domain blocked due to spam]

Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,017 times
Default Fruithurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by susansflower View Post
Can anyone tell me about Fruithurst? We are on line looking at homes and can not find out much about the town. Is anyone from there or know anything about the town?
Thanks!
Hi,

I don't know if I can help you much at all. My husband & I bought 7 acreas of land in fruithurst, at the Hardwood Preserves, we plan to build a house on the land. We stop in fruithurst when we go out to our property. It is a very, very small town. If you blink you will miss it. The best way to find out about the town is to stop at the little store they have there. Its the only store in town. Talk to the employee working there, they usually know whats goin on around there. My husband who will talk to anyone happen to just ask a customer leaving the store & that is how we found out about the land we bought. There is also a small resturant attached to the store, go in there & grab a bite to eat, its pretty good food & talk to people there. You would be surprised to see what you can find out. What little I do know about the town is that pretty quite, not much excitement. Which is what we were looking for. And it is not to far from larger cities like Atlanta or Birmingham. Hope I was some help

Michele

Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,839 times
you might not want to even slow down in this place. there was a murder there last sunday but you never haer that on the news. they handle things a little different there. i used to live there. the people know everything you do before you do it. lot sof drugs & crime. lots of covered up murders too. RUN RUN RUN!!!!!! oh yea hope your white!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,745 times
I have lived here in fruithurst for 33 years. I was the postmaster at one time, i grew up just off 78 hwy. We had a murder back a fewmonths ago, but it was solved...it was no big secret. The guy turned himself in. The poster who said we cover up...must be one of the dealers we've run out of town. As to the drugs.....that's muscadine and heflin you are thinking about.....we are an all white city, but a very close town and we help one another....the mayor is also the pastor of the first baptist church. This is a great place to live. If you will look at our little school up here...we have the highest reading scores in the state.......

Last edited by Keeper; 06-02-2009 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: moron is now poster

Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,323 times
I have a question please. How is it possible that there are no people of color in Fruithurst??

Old 07-19-2013, 05:26 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I don't think anyone here can tell you why except most people like to live around their own race. It is a REALLY small town and more than likely anyone of a different race would not feel at home there.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
No.!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama