U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,757 times

Advertisements

Hello, friends!
What do you think in occasion of the Alabama Industrial Access Road and Bridge Program?
I had some questions to you, shall be very grateful for answers!
1) Whether arranges you quality of roads?
2) you would like to make any changes to road service?
3) that you think about development of a highway system? Whether it is better in state of Alabama, than in other staffs?

In advance many thanks for answers!
Ann
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 AM

5,023 posts, read 10,883,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann_777 View Post
Hello, friends!
What do you think in occasion of the Alabama Industrial Access Road and Bridge Program?
I had some questions to you, shall be very grateful for answers!
1) Whether arranges you quality of roads?
2) you would like to make any changes to road service?
3) that you think about development of a highway system? Whether it is better in state of Alabama, than in other staffs?

In advance many thanks for answers!
Ann
I had to google this to find out what it is!
Ms. Ann, I doubt most citizens have heard of this program, but we have seen it. For instance, turning lanes and traffic signals were just added to 2 major highways here in Decatur to serve a brand-new shopping center. This is good...instead of having to show the need for such additions, they are already there. This will alleviate congestion and make it safer to get in and out of the shopping center when it opens in October.
In answer to your questions:
1) I don't understand your question, but I think you mean "Does it affect your perception of the quality of roads." Yes, but because we don't know about the program, we don't recognize that it's the program that's responsible for improvements.
2)I have a lot of changes to suggest, but so far nobody's asked me.
3)I have driven in other states, and believe Alabama has a very good highway system, thanks to many federal dollars poured into them. When the state alone has to maintain the roads, they're in trouble. The state simply does not have the money to maintain roads on its own.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:19 AM

3,253 posts, read 5,184,245 times
Ann, here is the website for the Alabama Industrial Access Road and Bridge Program:

ALDOT (http://www.dot.state.al.us/Docs/Organization/Industrial+Access+Information.htm - broken link)

It is an industrial access program to encourage industrial development / jobs. It improves the quality of the roads in industrial developments. The roads / improvements become part of the road system and are maintained by the appropriate agency (state / county / city).

Here is a recent news article about roads:

"The state pays for such roads two ways: an annual $12 million Alabama Industrial Access Road and Bridge Corp. fund, and the regular DOT road budget of about $650 million a year funded through gasoline and diesel fuel taxes."

Industry siphons roadwork funding | TuscaloosaNews.com

Your questions seem to be broader than that program. If so, would you rephrase your questions?

Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM

Southlander - if 'that' pot of money was used for a shopping center then the funds were misused. The law that established the fund specifically excludes retail sites.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 AM

5,880 posts, read 8,075,433 times
May I post my homework assignments, too?

Old 09-12-2007, 03:31 PM

11,763 posts, read 27,361,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
May I post my homework assignments, too?
Sounded like that to me as well. On usenet, one could tell when school was back in session by questions like that. These seem like they may have even been garbled by a translator program like Babelfish and a spell check.

>I had some questions to you, shall be very grateful for answers!

I had some answers to you. Grateful not needed.

>1) Whether arranges you quality of roads?

I arrange quality roads first, blacktop, cement, then my not quality roads, gravel, dirt, unless I need a quality road in a not quality area. I arrange streets to join the roads, but only at angles obtuse.

>2) you would like to make any changes to road service?

Yes. Road service to schools should stop. Too many kids use the roads. Road service to Montgomery should stop. Politicians should walk. Burger joints should have drive-through in high speed lanes for fast food.

>3) that you think about development of a highway system? Whether it is better in state of Alabama, than in other staffs?

Other staffs have better rods. Think you what about highway system? You question ask, but no reason.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:08 PM

harry, you laugh me too much.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM

182 posts, read 644,441 times
LOL, HC. after the day I had, THAT was a much needed laugh!

Man, I wish the internet had been available when I was in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama