U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-21-2007, 04:13 PM

9 posts, read 19,371 times

Advertisements

I wrote a week or so ago about "social services" in AL and got a good bit of information. Thanks to all who responded.

Now that I'm over the fear of finding help with my special needs daughter and, I am moving forward for my plans to move to New Market, can anybody tell me what it is like to live there?

Like, how close is WalMart? and are there any parks? Does anybody know any good vetinarians? I have a beautiful doberman that has his own medical issues... he's a Von Willabrands dobie. (bleeder) I must find a good Vet. for him.

I will be looking for some kind of Soldering job with a manufacturing co. I'm enrolled at STI Electronics to get my J-STD-001 Soldering Cert. I like what Wildwood Electronics looks like but don't know what the drive would be like to get there.

Married for 17 yrs. and now going through divorce, moving to a "new" town, getting a new job, and a new life... "ouch" I'm a military spouse... soon to be X-spouse from military husband retired with USN.

I'm building a home in New Market, so the home will be beautiful! It's getting use to all the other stuff that will be a challenge.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MDtoAL
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 07:53 PM

3,253 posts, read 5,204,710 times
New Market is like 10 miles from the North Parkway Wal-Mart, almost all of it two lane road. The Wal-Mart in Fayetteville TN is a little bit further away.

However, there is a new Publix about 5 or 6 miles away.

As I said before, New Market is waaay out in the country. The area is somewhat hilly with large row-crop fields. There are some new subdivisions with more coming. Traffic can be a hassle because the roads have not kept up with the growth.

The 'downtown' (like 5 buildings) is on the National Register of Historic Places. IIRC some of them are abandoned. There are also a couple of beautiful historic homes. I think there's a gas station. IIRC there is a park at the mill dam. I don't recall if the town has a traffic light... I think it has a flashing light...

There are some County parks nearby: Madison County Lake (fishing and walking) and Sharon Johnston Park (picnics, festivals, shooting range).

Old 10-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Thanks Reactionary... Good info, looking forward to checking out the parks. Not a problem for me that the town is small, I'm moving from a small town in MD (Sharpsburg) lots of history here! The Antietem National Battle Field is walking distance to my home here. I'll miss it and I have enjoyed living here though, time to move on

I like living out in the country, it's a friendlier place to ride the Suzuki. I'm new to riding and will keep it on low traffic roads. It's a Boulevard, 800 cc's. good size bike.

Hopefully I will find a motorcycle club to join and have others to ride with.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:01 PM

2,294 posts, read 1,754,454 times
You won't have a problem finding people to ride with. I just moved here and also ride motorcycles and there are lot of people riding here. And great roads to ride on.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM

13,571 posts, read 23,141,026 times
I know there are several motorcycle clubs around N. AL. They take organized day trips all over the state of AL, GA and TN.

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 PM

Cool, I'm towing it down behind my 4Runner the day the movers leave with all my household goods. I'm closing on my new home on 20 Nov. and will be traveling down with the bike on the 26th! Going from door to door "hopefully"! I will also have my doberman with me and a cat, my daughter and two beta's... ??? daughter wants to carry her fish. who hasn't had to make a state to state move without carrying fish at some time in their life? It should be fun The first thing to go into the new garage is going to be the bike!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama