Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 01:37 PM

5,000 posts, read 9,143,305 times

Advertisements

AgeWhat movies and shows that were filmed in your city or town. You can also include films that has mentioned your town.

This is my list for Mobile.

Filmed in Mobile.

Con Air ( Nicholas Cage )
Driving Miss Daisy
Final Destination 4
Forest Gump
Under Seige ( Steven Seagal )
Close Encounters of the third kind ( Steven Spielberg )
Tokerav (Nicolas Cage and Danny Glover)was filmed this year and will be in theaters next year.
Fast and Furious sequal. Some extras were hired in Mobile last week.

Films that Mobile was mentioned in.

Sweet Home Alabama
The Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 02:01 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
I cant recall what was filmed here, just a couple of low budget indie films. Maybe ill come across them and post them later. The city has been getting mentioned here lately but if they actually shoot something Atlanta is usually the stand in.

Any Day Now (a cable tv show) was shot here some.
42 used Rickwood Field

Mentioned:
The Watsons go to Birmingham
The Walking Dead
Due Date
Harold and Kuhmar Escape from Guantonomo Bay
Fighting
House (2007)

TWD, Fighting and House are literally blink and youll miss it moments when Birmingham was mentioned. I only include them because of just how off the radar Birmingham is when it comes to media that isnt about civil rights.

Last edited by Tourian; 09-21-2013 at 02:26 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 02:09 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,371,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
AgeWhat movies and shows that were filmed in your city or town. You can also include films that has mentioned your town.

This is my list for Mobile.

Filmed in Mobile.

Con Air ( Nicholas Cage )
Driving Miss Daisy
Final Destination 4
Forest Gump
Under Seige ( Steven Seagal )
Close Encounters of the third kind ( Steven Spielberg )
Tokerav (Nicolas Cage and Danny Glover)was filmed this year and will be in theaters next year.
Fast and Furious sequal. Some extras were hired in Mobile last week.

Films that Mobile was mentioned in.

Sweet Home Alabama
The Help.

Driving Miss Daisy was not filmed in Alabama. Entirety was in and around Atlanta.
Forrest Gump was not filmed in Alabama. GA, SC and NC

Except for a little piece of Eufala, Al, Sweet Home Alabama was most filmed in GA as well.

Last edited by bigstick; 09-21-2013 at 02:18 PM..

Old 09-21-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I cant recall what was filmed here, just a couple of low budget indie films. Maybe ill come across them and post them later. The city has been getting mentioned here lately but if they actually shoot something Atlanta is usually the stand in.

Any Day Now (a cable tv show) was shot here some.
43 used Rickwood Field

Mentioned:
The Watsons go to Birmingham
The Walking Dead
Due Date
Harold and Kuhmar Escape from Guantonomo Bay
Fighting

TWD, Fighting and House are literally blink and youll miss it moments when Birmingham was mentioned. I only include them because of just how off the radar Birmingham is when it comes to media that isnt about civil rights.
House (2007)

The Walking Dead filmed entirely in Georgia.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:21 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
"Driving Miss Daisy" was filmed entirely in Georgia.
"The Walking Dead" is filmed entirely in Georgia.
"Forest Gump" was filmed primarily in South Carolina, Savannah and California.
"Sweet Home, Alabama" was filmed entirely in Georgia.
"The Watsons Go to Birmingham" was filmed in Newnan, Ga.

Alabama really gets the short end of the stick when it comes to film and TV. Being so close to Atlanta and Georgia, you'd think more work would spill over but that's obviously not the case.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
"Driving Miss Daisy" was filmed entirely in Georgia.
"The Walking Dead" is filmed entirely in Georgia.
"Forest Gump" was filmed primarily in South Carolina, Savannah and California.
"Sweet Home, Alabama" was filmed entirely in Georgia.
"The Watsons Go to Birmingham" was filmed in Newnan, Ga.

Alabama really gets the short end of the stick when it comes to film and TV. Being so close to Atlanta and Georgia, you'd think more work would spill over but that's obviously not the case.
Alabama will never be able to compete for any filming due to the incentives that GA allows, face it, Atlanta is Hollywood East. Just because a film may be set in Alabama does not mean it was filmed there. Thanks Newsboy, Forgot about The Watsons. The new Prisoners movie that came out yesterday was shot entirely in GA too, but set in Pennsylvania.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
The Walking Dead filmed entirely in Georgia.
I never said it wasnt. I said Birmingham was mentioned. But instead of reading and comprehending you were too busy trying to boast. No one claimed alabama is trying to compete so simmer down.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:34 PM

513 posts, read 736,560 times
Default Big Fish

Filmed in and around Montgomery and Wetumpka, Alabama. It mentions Auburn (War Eagle!) but that college portion was filmed at Huntingdon College in Montgomery (Cloverdale).

Old 09-21-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
And I never said YOU said it was! I even came to Alabama's defense! How is that boasting?!

"Simmer down" ... ?! Perhaps you are the one who needs to "simmer down" ... and READ!
Did I quote you? No. So I wasnt even talking to you. Unless you're one of those multiple account types that talks to himself on forums. Maybe you are since your reading comp is as bad as his.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I never said it wasnt. I said Birmingham was mentioned. But instead of reading and comprehending you were too busy trying to boast. No one claimed alabama is trying to compete so simmer down.
I do apologize....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama