Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 06:48 PM

21 posts, read 38,227 times

Advertisements

Moving to Enterprise AL from the cold Midwest (but I am not originally from the Midwest, life just threw me a detour) in a few days, just wondering what life is like there. I am been moving around so much, really tired of it, will there, Alabama in general be a good place to settle down and build a life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
You can do a search for Enterprise, not sure how many members we have from there.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:03 AM

231 posts, read 595,437 times
I haven't been to Enterprise insome Years and it may have changed, but as I recall, it is a small, southern Alabama town. The climatewill be far warmer inWinter than the Midwest-Summers will be hot and humid.Not much in the way of recreational activities nor anything else of particular interest.I would think that thecrime rate is low. You may want to check out the political atmosphere before settling down. If Enterprise turns out to notbe to your liking, North Alabama is worth checking out- particularly the Guntersville area.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:13 AM

534 posts, read 904,701 times
You might post your question in the military section. Fort Rucker is near enterprise. They should be able to give you a view of the south from a northern life experience. When you join the military you usually get stationed away from where you once called home.

I currently live in Anniston Alabama.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 AM

Thanks guys! I heard that Enterprise has a nice small town feel. I am in a small town right now so I guess it won't be too hard for me to adjust. I will be staying with a friend in her place, but eventually I probably will move to Dothan or other local towns that have public transportation since I don't have a car (unless I am able to get one later and not be so nervous about driving). So now just trying to get to know and get familiar with Alabama.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:50 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
Well since you know someone there it will make adjusting easier. The hardest part of moving to a new city alone is making friends. Church is a good way to meet people in the south. As far as driving living in a small city you usually don't have a lot of traffic.

Dothan is a nice place to live too. Public transportation can be difficult anywhere but even more so in smaller cities. Just go there looking for all the good things. Bad things so up soon enough.

I live in a very small town. No mall, no movie theater, no bowling alley, but not too far from Huntsville where there is a mall, movie theaters and other things to do.

Life is simple and I like it that way

Old 11-15-2013, 08:42 AM

23 posts, read 35,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTeabox View Post
Thanks guys! I heard that Enterprise has a nice small town feel. I am in a small town right now so I guess it won't be too hard for me to adjust. I will be staying with a friend in her place, but eventually I probably will move to Dothan or other local towns that have public transportation since I don't have a car (unless I am able to get one later and not be so nervous about driving). So now just trying to get to know and get familiar with Alabama.
If you don't have a car in small town Alabama, then you will be stranded. Get a car quickly, or rethink your move.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:23 AM

934 posts, read 1,938,368 times
I'm not far from Enterprise, you can shoot me a PM if you want more details. It's a nice, average AL town, its a bit crowded for me, but then I live where there's one blinking light over one intersection.

Good luck on the move, and yes, you will definitely need a reliable car. Very little public transportation around here.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Thanks to all you guys' comments, Have been in Enterprise for a week now. Still trying to find my way but luckily I have a friend here. Yes, transportation is a pain but there are some shops and a Walmart within walking distance so enough for now. The next step will be to look for employment and hopefully get settled either here in Enterprise or maybe Dothan, not sure yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama