Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:02 PM

9 posts, read 29,292 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone....

I just received my interview letter 3 days ago and im pwetty excited about it. After reading a few threads my hope is kind of down now, but i still would like to know if anyone has had an approval and any good chance of landing the apartment.

Now, when I FIRST applied for the homes, it was only me and my child. After realizing that I have no hope, I added my best friend to bump up the income. We've always been looking for a place to rent and roomate with each other, so I figured "WHY NOT?"

now receiving my interview letter, I am a bit concerned on not getting approved because things have changed in the last 3 months. I quit my job of almost 4years due to lack of pay, and i had so much personal issues that I ended up needing the time off anyhow. Luckily for me....I landed a job at LaGuardia Airport and probably will not start for about another 3weeks to a month. Bad thing is, my interview is in two weeks. Currently, collecting unemployment and my best friend left the old job and got a new job at a better restaurant. I hear you have to be at least 2 years with an employer. How would I be able to tell them that I do have a job, just not currently working as of yet but will be. We're never without a job (Thank goodness in todays economy) So, i really dont know what to expect, but im trying to be as optimistic about it as much as i can, Im just NOW having little doubt about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 11:10 AM

5 posts, read 18,554 times
yes I had a interview haven't heard anything yet here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Utica Place Resident Housing Lottery-img_1135-600x800-.jpg  

Old 09-20-2014, 08:11 PM

17 posts, read 33,886 times
I had a interview but they denied me and my partner because we didn't have no financial interdependence we appeal our letter now we waiting for a call back or mail back .

Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebk1 View Post
yes I had a interview haven't heard anything yet here's a pic
when was your interview? They told me that they would contact me for additional documents. Being that i return back to work full time by October, they said they would wait until i receive a stub or letterhead so that they can properly calculate.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:33 PM

It was back in July they denied me said I made to much money I appealef because they calculated my income wrong had to get a letter from hr so now I'm just waiting now

Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebk1 View Post
It was back in July they denied me said I made to much money I appealef because they calculated my income wrong had to get a letter from hr so now I'm just waiting now

I dont understand how they miscalculate so often. After reading other forums it's almost as if everyones was miscalculated and once they filed an appeal, they become eligible, but put on the waiting list. Not that- thats your case, but i really dont understand their guidelines. I went last week monday and the interview was very brief. As, it would be my best friend, my child and I living in the apartment. Im a CB preference too. Good luck Dee. As i am sure you need or want this just as much as I do. Also, how long did it take for you to find out you werent approved?

Old 09-24-2014, 12:14 AM

I really don't understand who's doing the math they had me 12grand over what I make I'm a cb resident also it took about a month after my interview to get an answer

Old 09-24-2014, 06:04 PM

lol. 12k??!!! these people man.... by the time we get our stuff situated and taken cared of, the apartment would already be leased by then. SERIOUSLY, if you were 12k OVER the maximum, and blindly apply to the apartments, you wouldnt have gotten this far into the process. I really hope for a great outcome, for both you and I.

Keep me updated!

Old 10-05-2014, 12:45 PM

5 posts, read 6,381 times
I had my interview in August, I just found out that I was on a waiting list. I know that they are still interviewing people for this building. I wanted to know if anyone got approve for an apartment

Old 10-27-2014, 10:49 PM

17 posts, read 33,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by val23 View Post
I had my interview in August, I just found out that I was on a waiting list. I know that they are still interviewing people for this building. I wanted to know if anyone got approve for an apartment
They told you you was on a waiting list ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
View detailed profiles of: