Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM

11 posts, read 74,904 times

Advertisements

I will be traveling to Mobile next week from Atlanta for the GMAC bowl game b/c my bf is a former BGSU player (Go Falcons!), and I was wondering if anyone new of anything to do in Mobile? I looked at the GMAC bowl website but I won't be arriving into town until late Sat. evening. SO, I know about the Mardi Gras parade and stuff but is there anything else? And where are the bars?? I'm a lush so I'll need to know where THOSE are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 04:44 PM

251 posts, read 895,698 times
If bars are your thing, try Dauphin Street in LODA. It is the heart of dowtowns bar and club scene. There are straight and gay bars in the area, depending on what you like.

Otherwise, there are bars scattered around the city. Just take your pick.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:34 PM

247 posts, read 1,109,663 times
Default So much to do!

THere is so much to do there. I don't know how old you are but this is where I like to go.
Do go to the parade if you make it in time. It's fun and worth it.
Dauphin Street will have a lot of bars. I'm 38 so I prefer upscale bars but like to dance too. We love to go to the upstairs Club Retro over Martinis to dance. Fun. Veets on Royal Street is good for bands. Royal Scam next door has yummy food.
Atlantis is for the younger ones , I think. Under 30 crowd.
My absolute favorite right now is Liquid for sushi. It is further west on Dauphin. It is walkable(5 blocks or less?) but I would drive there-I'm lazy. Bicycle Shop is next door, serves some Mexican snacks too. The Garage is also there in that block- fun bar.

Callaghan's Irish Pub is in Oakleigh Garden District, Drive west on Government Street, a mile from downtown, turn left on Marine Street. Corner of Marine/Charleston. Sunday night there is a band- a lot of fun!!!!!

There are alot of history museums here. My favorite is Oakleigh Historic Complex ($7 for all three buildings) and Museum of Mobile-$5. Carnival Museum, our Mardi Gras museum, is $5.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 PM

247 posts, read 1,109,663 times
For upscale, dress-up seafood, Felix's Fish Camp.
Otherwise, go to Wintzell's on Dauphin Street by Liquid.
Check out Three Georges' Candy Shoppe on Dauphin STreet for some candy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
View detailed profiles of: