U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 06:36 AM

339 posts, read 503,161 times

Advertisements

Looking for pros and cons to living in Enterprise, AL.

We initially relocated to Huntsville after the Military before taking a job in Germany seven months later.

I just received a good job offer for Fort Rucker and like the Great School reviews for Enterprise.

Unfortunately, someone from Daleville has my European wife freaked out and believing that the whole area is a dump with wild dogs roaming the streets.

Good jobs aren't so easy to come by now days and so I am hoping to convince my wife of the positives to moving to Fort Rucker, AL (Enterprise, AL).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 07:32 AM

320 posts, read 357,872 times
I have never lived in Enterprise but it seems like a nice little town. Several nice neighborhoods in the area.
Dothan is also close to Ft. Rucker (20+miles). Dothan offers more restaurants, shopping, etc.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:44 AM

Thanks for the reply hiway 231.

We were looking at Dothan first, but decided after our experience in Huntsville to make Schools our priority this time around.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:53 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,531,147 times
We haven't been in the area since 2006, my husband was working on Fort Rucker and we lived in Ozark, probably nothing you would be interested in. Personally, I thought Enterprise was not a place I would choose to live. I am wondering how you determined that the schools were superior in Enterprise as you need to make sure that is solid if you are going to base your family's existence on it. You may find that SE AL is much different than the Huntsville area. While I like the area and would return, it is much different than many other places I have lived.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:24 AM

1,900 posts, read 514,072 times
The school system in Enterprise is indeed very good. High parental involvement, new infrastructure and excellent staff. Enterprise consistently has higher academic scores than the rest of the area. The entire town takes pride in their educational system. The local area has had a growth spurt and if you are comfortable with the recent urban sprawl and traffic of Huntsville, then you will be fine in Enterprise. Housing prices and style is comparable to Huntsville. Enterprise is basically the bedroom community for Ft Rucker so expect a large military presence. Because Ft Rucker is the home of Army Aviation, the military families are mostly officers and senior enlisted. Hope this helps with answering some of your questions.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:42 PM

Yes, very helpful and the information is truly appreciated.

The Enterprise Rental Property Managers do not have the best reviews online which is making it challenging to determine if one is better than the other.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:21 PM

9,223 posts, read 5,388,089 times
sell her on the idea that panama city couple hours away

Old 12-27-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
Yes, very helpful and the information is truly appreciated.

The Enterprise Rental Property Managers do not have the best reviews online which is making it challenging to determine if one is better than the other.
FWIW, Regency in Enterprise manages our HOA and they have been responsive when we have needed there services. I believe they also do property management.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:22 AM

brownbagg,

That is exactly what I have been telling her...

TomC23

I appreciate the recommendation. Their inventory is sparse at the moment, but I will keep an eye on their listings.

When we rented in San Diego, we had issues with multiple daily unwanted solicitations. Is that something to worry about in Enterprise?

Old 12-28-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
brownbagg,

That is exactly what I have been telling her...

TomC23

I appreciate the recommendation. Their inventory is sparse at the moment, but I will keep an eye on their listings.

When we rented in San Diego, we had issues with multiple daily unwanted solicitations. Is that something to worry about in Enterprise?
Not quite sure what you mean. People knocking at your door? Nuisance calls? If so, nothing unusual to report on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama