U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 AM
1 posts, read 5,229 times
Reputation: 11


Does anyone on here have an estimate as to what the fines and punishment would be for Underage Drinking in the great city of Fairhope, Alabama?

I'm curious as to how much this will cost me so I can go ahead and get my check book out.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 01:49 AM
10 posts, read 35,762 times
Reputation: 15
Frist of all is this your frist offense of any kind (even other states ) ? And wether or not Fairhope is a dry county it's around Cullman and Cullman County is a Dry county (No alchol sold) .You need to put your checkbook away , Alabama courts take CASH only payments . depending on ever being in trouble with the law before ,Frist of all your gonna have Court Cost anywhere from $2Hundred to $5:000 (every counties different ) . You will be evaluaded to see if you have a drinking/drug problem and then thats when the money really starts they have diffrent levels starting at going once a month paying $60:00 plus you have to pay $20:00 for being drug tested , It don't matter if it's whiskey, Beer or drugs to the courts it's all the same , there is 3 diffrent levels the 1 i've already mentioned and then going once a week and then the worst is called Color Code which means they give you a certain color and you have to call your C.R.O (Court Refferal Officer ) Everday and see if your color comes up and you have till 4pm to get there and **** in a cup .You also have to attend 3 A.A, Meetings a week for 3 months and sometimes vist the mourgue , More then likley you will have to go to court order meetings at the Mental Health Department , Each time you go to see you c.r,o, you have to pay for your drug/beer testing , My advise to you is before you go to court start going to A.A, Meetings or N.A. (Narcatics Annonomys )and get them to sign a piece of paper saying you were there And whatever you do don't loose that paper , The judge likes to see your tring to change your life style If at any time your drug test comes up dirty your going straight to jail . It's all about the money here in Al. . I'm not tring to scare you or anything just been there and done that . Any questions feel free to hit me up here wishing you the best of luck .Please let me know how things turn out .

Last edited by Keeper; 03-18-2008 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: please don't put your phone number in any post.. very dangerous
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2008, 05:51 AM
13,774 posts, read 28,220,740 times
Reputation: 10358
Call the court house, they should be able to give you at least the possible cost.

BTW..Justmemom.. Fairhope is not a dry city or county
You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
Robert Louis Stevenson

Post link not copyrighted material
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Location: Alabama!
5,446 posts, read 13,178,829 times
Reputation: 3536
And Fairhope is in Baldwin County...opposite end of the state from Cullman County. You must be thinking of Fairview, which IS in Cullman County.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM
1 posts, read 3,706 times
Reputation: 10
Police-ing for profit is Baldwin countys business, highest court cost me and others have seen 180.00 and everyone pays it, even if the ticket is expunged etc. They can literally print money in fairhope
Courts EVERY ticket written is an automatic 180$ for the city! Lagniappe needs to do an expose' on this out of control court systems!.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
422 posts, read 434,187 times
Reputation: 143
Out of control? The OP was drinking underage, and therefore breaking the law. $180? That's nothing. Most speeding tickets are around that. Alcohol offenses are serious and parents that provide alcohol to minors are heavily fined and jailed depending on the situation.

Simply getting out a checkbook won't do it, OP.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top