Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:05 AM

7 posts, read 24,067 times

Advertisements

I get on the road to head to Seale next Monday....YAY!!! Anyone have any suggestions for a good mechanic and hair salon in or near Seale???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 AM

11 posts, read 66,687 times
Hey again -- quick note on something to see -- better hurry, the sand will cover it back up!!
http://www.orangebeach.ws/2008/News/2008-09-15-Hurricane_Ike_reveals_Mystery_Civil_War_Ship.html

I'm headed out to Ft. Morgan Saturday to see this ship for myself again, while it's exposed. I cannot believe that the state has not moved this artifact to Ft. Morgan, at least!! It needs to be preserved and not wait for a storm to shift it out to sea and lose it forever. Odd that a 2-inch-long mouse will cause millions of dollars worth of protection here (where's that beach cat when you need it?) but they have ignored this historical ship? I figured, after Ivan, that interest would cause the protection but the state allowed the sands to shift back over it again. Anyway, may be something to check out if you're in the area in the next few weeks!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 AM

4 posts, read 15,252 times
Default Wondering about lloyd? Don't.i'll fill ya in!

Well....you may wonder who in the world that Lloyd guy everyone in Alabama talks about and knows. After living abroad for many, many years, I ended up unexpectedly in Alabama. After several days, I thought there must be an awfully large number of men named Lloyd here for almost every single person I encountered seemed to know a Lloyd..and always talked about the Lloyd they knew..really weird, but, oh well...to each his own. However, it just became increasingly clear this Lloyd was one popular dude in Alabama! Everyone ..and I mean EVERYONE knew Lloyd. No matter where you went someone knew Lloyd..the gym..lady next to me on a treadmill, "I jes reelly din wanna come this mawning,but,well,I knew it's whaut Lloyd wanned me tu do,so heah I am",..at the coffee bar afterwards a man behind me,(heard just the end of this one).."well, I tell ya,Joe,that Lloyd didin giv up awn me..jes kep on an on,an,well,sir,I got up outta thet bed and went to work agin thans to Lloyd"I was even asked if I knew Lloyd!ME! A NEWCOMER TO ALABAMA Terrible break-up..me red-faced and crying and here came a group of well intentioned ladies to soothe my tears,calm me..after some kind words,here it came, 'Hun, you do know Lloyd,doncha,chil"?When I shook my head in the negative,you should've seen their faces!Shock!"Well,Hun,its tha onli way,ya havta know Lloyd". I was so depressed, I went to my counsler and began the whole story of a Lloyd everyone knew and I was supposed to but did not,,before I could finish he was howling.Man,great durn counsler,huh!.."No,he said through peals of laughter,hahaohhohoha,no,honey,it's not"Lloyd..hahaha...haha." Finally I heard,(yep..you know it),,they're saying "Lord!!hahahaLord, not Lloyd!!hahaha.the LORD!..haha.."I heard the laughter follow me all the way down the hall........

Last edited by wheezer88; 04-01-2011 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: misspellings

Old 04-01-2011, 08:18 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
^Black folks pronounce it that way, but not any white people I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama