Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:01 PM

330 posts, read 1,314,154 times

Advertisements

Hi Y'all,

I have lived in Los Angeles County, Southern California all of my life. There is only 1 country music station on the radio in this county. We don't get much country music here at all. I am looking for a change of scenery and a chance to start a new life. I am considering Alabama. Do they play a lot of country music there? If so, what regions, towns and cities? Help appreciated.

Texas Turkey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 04:16 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
Oh, Lord, yes. Multiple stations. Every town, every city, every crossroads. Nashville's only about an hour from the Alabama/Tennessee state line.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:23 PM

Smile Country Music in Alabama

Thank you for your helpful input. Much appreciated. I will visit Alabama ASAP! Is there anything I should be aware of first? Thank you.

Texas Turkey

Old 07-18-2008, 05:29 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
I'd say stick to the N. Part of AL, from B'ham up.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
In the Mobile/Pensacola area we have about 3 country music stations, 1 pop station, 2 light rock stations, 1 rap/r&b station, and 1 classic rock/metal station.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
Hi Y'all,

I have lived in Los Angeles County, Southern California all of my life. There is only 1 country music station on the radio in this county. We don't get much country music here at all. I am looking for a change of scenery and a chance to start a new life. I am considering Alabama. Do they play a lot of country music there? If so, what regions, towns and cities? Help appreciated.

Texas Turkey
With the internet you can listen to country music in Stockholm, Tokyo, or Reseda 24/7.

Why are you considering Alabama (besides to listen to country music)?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 PM

763 posts, read 3,835,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
With the internet you can listen to country music in Stockholm, Tokyo, or Reseda 24/7.

Why are you considering Alabama (besides to listen to country music)?
Great point...my favorite jazz station is at Long Beach State University and I listen to it daily at work...KJazz 88.1...works superbly through the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KKJZ

They have a lot of worldwide listeners.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:18 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,835,456 times
Quote:
Hi Y'all,

Texas Turkey
They play a lot of Country music in the Inland Empire and High Desert. Well, there's more than one station.

The Country Cat out of Victorville is good. However, I doubt that you'll be able to hear it considering the San Gabriel and San Bernardino Mountains.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:37 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,959 times
Quote:
Hi Y'all,

I have lived in Los Angeles County, Southern California all of my life. There is only 1 country music station on the radio in this county. W

So what's the bad news?

I'm not a country music fan obviously, but in all seriousness I would imagine you will find more country stations in Alabama. Certain types of music are more popular in some areas, and while I'm sure there are a lot of country music fans here in Southern California, your not going to find the large country music scene you'll find in other places.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:07 PM

Question Country Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
They play a lot of Country music in the Inland Empire and High Desert. Well, there's more than one station.

The Country Cat out of Victorville is good. However, I doubt that you'll be able to hear it considering the San Gabriel and San Bernardino Mountains.
Actually, there is only one country station that covers the San Bernardino/Riverside Counties which is in the inland empire. K-FROG. I cannot get that station on my radio. Unless, I am there. There is only one country music station I can tune into: 105.1 FM Go Country in Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama