Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 PM

976 posts, read 2,683,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
Yea yea yea.. its not about liking an event its just a degrading event I don't care if its black or what you can't compare it to something like nascar I'm just not interested in stuff like that I specifically don't like the footwash because its degrading and anyone that is aware of what goes on there with any sense wouldn't think otherwise. I don't support events that are degrading to black people.
Lighten up Huntsville_secede. It's just people having a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,085 times
What are the dates of the alabama footwash this year 2009?

Old 08-27-2009, 03:33 PM

4 posts, read 12,284 times
Default footwash dates and location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.Timmons View Post
OK, for some reason it seems as though this thread has turned into a lecture and bashing arena.
I originally posted in attempts to gain info. From my understanding yes, this is mainly an African American event. However, although trashy things occur at a event does not mean the attendee is a trashy person. In Cleveland, Oh we have had numerous events that I must sadly say bad things have occurred. But for COLLEGE educated people like me, who just go for the experience and to have fun hoping terrible things don't occur. Truthfully, trashy, demeaning, and concern for safety can occur at any event (regardless of ethnic background or area) that you can't prevent and just say "Hey,that's not my cup of tea".
I appreciate the information, and although I am first time user, I think it's unnecessary to make this into a rural/suburban issue or cultural issue when the initial question was where and when and what other events are in Alabama. Those who gave insightful info i will p/m.Everyone is definitely, entitled to there opinion which makes America beautiful. Thanks!!
What are the dates for this event? does anyone know

Old 08-27-2009, 03:35 PM

I am too have heard a lot of things about the foot wash and will attend this year however, what are the weekend dates? If you like to live free, I hear this is the place to do it.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM

I agree with you what's the big deal..let's come and have the time of our lives....I am a hip golden girl who lives free and cannot wait to attend this event. My friends tell me it is for free spirit folks so, if you can't hang...stay home and stop writing all the foolishness in thought----- this is the 21th century.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:45 PM

thank fro the location regarding information about the festival.. cool

Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeelocs80 View Post
footwash is held in uniontown and the dates are sept 23-27. does anyone know the name of the hotel on the strip on the way to uniontown?
These are the dates that were posted earlier

Old 08-28-2009, 08:36 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadorbrook View Post
If you like to live free...I am a hip golden girl who lives free...
Code words = "if you want to have sex with people you don't know and aren't afraid of STDs?"

Old 08-28-2009, 02:41 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
Lighten up Huntsville_secede. It's just people having a good time.
|

Perry County representing

Old 09-06-2009, 11:44 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
I have really found this thread interesting. When I saw the thread, I thought it was a religious event. We used to have foot washing connected with the Lord's Supper in our small baptist church in the mountains of North Carolina. It was to indicate humility by the person doing the foot washing like Jesus did when he washed the disciple's feet. People would partner with another church member and they would in turn wash each other's feet. Before or after that would be the Lord's Supper ceremony. My mother said people were not humble enough to do that anymore. I just wondered if maybe the churches got too big to practice this anymore. The event in our church was a dignified event with women washing women's feet and men washing men's feet. The only wild thing that I ever recalled was one of the deacons got happy and threw the pan of water out of a window he thought was open but it wasn't. We were talking about that for weeks.

Last edited by NCN; 09-07-2009 at 12:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama