Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2007, 01:01 PM

111 posts, read 597,317 times

Advertisements

I've searched online and have come up with 3 places to ride in nw alabama..which is great I think...oxford, russellville, and chigger ridge. Anyone like me ride off road motocross/trail ride and know of places to ride within 60 miles of arab?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 01:31 PM

346 posts, read 1,773,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
I've searched online and have come up with 3 places to ride in nw alabama..which is great I think...oxford, russellville, and chigger ridge. Anyone like me ride off road motocross/trail ride and know of places to ride within 60 miles of arab?
thanks!

Off road and trial have been her life - recreational, competition and teaching. She knows every mile of dirt in AL/GA. Crazy enough for the Perry Mountain 24 Hour.

I am condemned to four wheels but not due to a wreck :>)

TwoStep

Last edited by Jammie; 02-11-2007 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: url removed by poster's request

Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 PM

Talked to her - please use removed on request and TwoStep as reference. Her office e-mail is messed up.

Last edited by Marka; 02-08-2007 at 06:06 PM..

Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 AM

73 posts, read 432,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
thanks!
Sure ain't no places to ride around here anymore are there ? I just read your post , I was just thinking , Have you ever heard of a place called Kieth Spring Tn. it up around Winchester , they used to have a real cool place up there to ride , its been years since I've been up there , they used to have motorcycle events every weekend , of course they had a lot of Rail Buggies and jeeps too , they had a wicked hill climb , sand drag racing , for bikes , four wheelers, and the jeeps and buggies as well , but one thing I do remember well is the trail riding , it was at least 200 acers of trails and a motocross track , Like I said its been a long time since I was there but some of the Bike dealers in Huntsville may know if their still running it. I used to be into the Rail Buggies pretty big and would ride the trails down in Parchers Cove, Lynn's Dam , and the place that started at the bottom of Georgia Mountain Rd. in Scant City and followed the river with in 5 miles of Ditto Landings , it was a mean ride for buggies and bikes too , but all the property owners started complaining about people living trash and such behind till they started selling to developers and now you can't even get to where the trail began . Any way , just thought I would run that by you about Kieth Springs Tn. , might be worth checking into , I know you don't know who I am , but I run a Lawn and Landscape company here in Arab , I'm the one that mows that 45 degree imbankment at the Ford Dealership , Thats like riding MotorCross with a Z Track mower. LOL ! Good Luck Rick

Old 02-10-2007, 09:51 AM

Thank you for your help admin :>)

Old 02-24-2007, 10:42 AM

111 posts, read 597,317 times
there is a place in winchester, tn to ride, but that's the only place I could find.
Two step...she never returned my emails...

Old 02-07-2008, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 9,763 times
There is a place in Springville/Odenville called the RIDGE you might want to look into that. It is a little further than 60 miles but over 30 miles of trails!

Old 07-07-2008, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 9,403 times
Default Ride Time

I know of places to ride. I would love to find more. Wilborns ATV in Hanceville near Dodge City is great. I love going to Gurly,Al. up on the Mtn. Its real close for me , but far for my friends. I had heard that they closed several places down in Tenn. Just maybe they will open the new place in Cullman. It seems there taking there time. Im about to get rid of all my toys if i cant find some places to ride. If any body can help send me a mess. i dont look on here that much,so please if you can look me up on Myspace.com/bryanloback under name Baja Bryan. Also send me an E-mail thelobacks@charter.net. Thank you!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 08:34 PM

709 posts, read 2,173,656 times
Give this site Where to Ride - ThumperTalk (http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/wheretoride.php - broken link) a look you maybe able to find a place to ride. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama