Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan1990 View Post
Well, Guntersville Boomer, I know there are changes going on, but what I want is a just a contrast from the secular and depressing society I live in now. There are many problems with London and Britain in general and I hope to go to the 'land of opportunity' to live a happier life. I was attracted to Alabama because of the famous Southern Hospitality etc, and family and religion-orientated lifestyle. Oh and other trivial stuff like: I love the accent, I enjoy Southern music... and Forrest Gump lol.
Btw, cpg35223, what parts of Birmingham would you recommend?
The southern ring of suburbs are really nice, including Trussville in the Northeast part of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 07:34 AM

482 posts, read 2,417,695 times
Go, you sure are well written for a 17 year old, you seem to know what you want and where to look for it. I have a 22 year old daughter who lives in Birmingham and she really enjoys living on the Southside near Highlands Avenue, younger crowd with the university there.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:51 AM

43 posts, read 152,250 times
Thank you very much, Guntersville Boomer. I'll take that onboard. Where do you live, if you don't mind my asking?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:40 AM

482 posts, read 2,417,695 times
Go, I bought a house 2 years ago in Guntersville (there is a big lake there), it is about 1.5 hour drive from Birmingham, I am still finishing up time I need to retire in Kissimmee, Florida and will move to Guntersville house full-time the end of next year so I can be closer to my daughter. Plus, I love out door activities and it is cooler there than Florida so there will be more opportunities for fun!

Old 09-24-2008, 02:46 PM

43 posts, read 152,250 times
Ok, that's good. Anyway, does anyone know about the situation of dentists in the US? Are they going to be in short supply? I'd like to study that at uni; with immigration so tight, I'll need a lot of help to become a citizen: hopefully they'll want a dentist...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama