Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:25 PM

346 posts, read 1,779,202 times

Advertisements

Same question - two threads.

Power companies will share with you average useage for certain square footage in certain areas.

I have power/gas so my useage will be of no help. My concern - all power in AL? We never had issues with gas and thus warm water/heat/cooking during hurrican season. Whole house generators can use natural gas as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 10:46 PM

5 posts, read 16,999 times
We don't so much "agree" to pay sales taxes here, they are just shoved down our throats. I am a small business owner in Decatur and taxes are about killing us - we are now currently looking to move north. Thank the Lord.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:51 PM

5 posts, read 16,999 times
I regret moving to Alabama every single day that I wake up.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,106 times
Mobile now wants to raise sales tax again to pay for their mistakes and over spending on the budget. I mean why not keep spending and then just pass it on to everyone including the seniors. That reminds me I have to write SSC and request a raise so I can just pass on these increases.

The simple truth is we have idiots running our city that have no clue how to manage anything. I ran a 55 billion dollar corp. and I could always manage my budget, but then again I liked being employed. It really is sick to see these idiots control our lives after their mistakes. How about someone doing something about the home owners insurance down here in Paradise, but we are too worried about Bingo or some other sooooooooo unimportant issues.

Last edited by Gary Allan; 04-06-2010 at 12:42 PM..

Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 PM

57 posts, read 60,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normajo View Post
I am disappointingly better off where I am.
I said plainly all I wanted to say, wish I could get straight answers - facts & figurers from people in AL.
I wish the people in AL would protest being given the shaft, paying through the nose.
Like I said, just compare your taxes to what interest rates you would get at a bank.
I want better quality of life for all people everywhere & improvements can be made. I think that is all I wanted to say, to answer your question - LOL!
Blessings to all of you!
You want facts! I bought a house on smith lake, over 500 ft of shoreline, my taxes are 700 dollars, i consider that free! We have about an 1800 sq ft house with 2.5 garage, with guest quarters above. Two ramps, a pavillion, 2.5 acres of land on the third cleanest lake in the entire country.

Now you pick a nice lake anywhere in SC and i'll find a comp for you. You are out of your mind if you think you taxes will be less than 5 times more than this place. I looked in SC for lakes, they were way over priced compared to Smith lake, and not as nice.

Other facts, when you buy a car, boat,RV, four wheeler, motorcycle, PWC, you pay around 3% sales tax, try that in SC! Also, where we live in Alabama, the gas is 25 cents lower than Florida, i know that because i have been in Florida for a few months now. We leave to come back home to the greatest state in the country next week.

We do have high sales tax on food but it's about 10 to 15% cheaper in AL than FL. Like another poster said, the taxes in AL are the cheapest in the country, i happen to agree.

Protest, lol. I don't want one improvement in my county, they have done a great job here! I lived in MA for 26 years and Florida for 20, Alabama 5, i do like the warm weather in the winter in Fl, but that's it.

IMO, Alabama is the greatest state in this country to live in by a mile and it's very, very, cheap to live here. The people here are just awesome too. Clean, great lakes, great roads, great gulf beaches, camping, Nf's, ect.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:50 PM

57 posts, read 60,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammac View Post
THe URL to the electric company meant nothing to me. I dont live in AL I am planning on moving there and I was told ab out the electric y being so cheap. It would have been nice if you could have verified that or told us it was not true. What a novel IDea.
The electric is very cheap, one of the cheapest in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama