U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 PM

8,859 posts, read 15,802,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chj View Post
I know what you mean. perdido is getting a dollar general. I know that dollar general is a big store, but, for somewhere like perdido I'm surprised that it is coming there.
Well, I was speaking more about Spanish Fort/Daphne, LOL.

I was in shock about the Dollar General too. I drove through there several times and saw the construction going on but didn't know what it was, then a friend that lives in Perdido called me and said "OMG you gotta hear this, we're getting a DG" . 'Deeder town' is movin on up, from what I understand it's supposed to have a little grocery store in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 AM
chj

126 posts, read 215,704 times
I figured you were talking about areas more around spanish fort and daphne but that surprised me when they said that. my dad is from perdido and I have been going there my whole life and it will be strange at first to even have a small store like dollar general there. as far as spanish fort and daphne goes I went there last week and I was surprised by how much it has changed over the past few years. I was on google earth today and I looked at a picture of the area in 2003 where bass pro shop is at and it was mostly a wooded area and today it is completely different.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 AM

5,002 posts, read 10,599,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Alabama is too big and is too good to be lagging behind... Your hometown is not going to stay the same way forever. Your backyard is not going to always be that cow pasteur. Please people just be excited and try to welcome and promote MORE growth, instead not welcoming it...We need to get from under that RURAL image. Alabama is big; it can balance rural living and urban/suburban living... When I become the best construction developer and civil engineer, I will think about everything that y'all said, and I will fix it, and I will bring more growth to Alabama that IIIIIIIIIII think it needs and should have!
Oh, ya'll back off excoriating KE. It's great to have a young person who's enthusiastic about Alabama and wants to STAY here and help Alabama improve. We need MORE KEs(AKA A&M Bulldawg) and MORE sedriskells. We need more enthusiasm and excitement for our state. I find theirs refreshing.

Time and experience will damper their enthusiasm quickly enough. Let's hope they have some left when they get older!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:55 AM

4,471 posts, read 4,746,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Alabama has been growing at a steady or slow pace. South Carolina, a state slightly smaller than Alabama, has been growing more than Alabama. Will Alabama ever be one of the fastest growing states in the south, let alone the country?
Y'all have a good possibility to grow exponentially. Yall got cities like Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomerrey, and Mobile which are growing at some decent rates. Mobile is connected to New Orleans and Houston is a developing megaregion, and Birmingham is connected to Atlanta and Charlotte in another developing megaregion. Yall need the same thing we need to do alot more of in my area of Charlotte, let go of the brakes and have at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama