Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 11,443 times

Advertisements

Hello; sure would appreciate some input re: northeast Alabama. Anything pertinent (not touristy info) re: Ft. Payne, Mentone, & Pisgah. Also; what about the Pisgah Gorge? What about living up on a Brow or Bluff; do I want to do that?

This gal is tired of running from hurricanes; living in the Gulf Shores/Pensacola area is fine except for that.

Would love to relocate; buy or build & would appreciate genuine info & not have to relocate there without really knowing enough about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2006, 03:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,930 times
Move to Homewood area. You will love it here.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Vic

5 posts, read 16,806 times
If you're into the relaxed, laid back style of life any of those areas would be good. Unless you're retired though, you might find it hard to get a decent paying job...but then that's true of most of Alabama.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 4,931 times
Default love north alabama

i live in the scottsboro area which is near pisgah....
i have a coworker who ownes a home on the pisgah gorge and they are in the process of selling it. if you would like to know more information please let me know. its a beautiful place. my e mail address is jcda10@scottsboro.org

Old 03-05-2006, 11:19 PM

4 posts, read 13,133 times
Alabama is such a relaxing country. If your not that busy I suggest you head to Clayton in the River Heritage region, their architecture is awesomely great!

Old 03-07-2006, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,929 times
Default Hello Everybody,

I am in agreement with FreshLemonade. I am wanting to purchase some land for a future cabin in Northeast Alabama. I am retired from the Army and am now working for the Federal Government in Atlanta. My dream is to build on the lot, something quiet, picturesque, comfortable in nature but close to a nice small town. That will be my retirement residence later in life. Any recommendations? Pictures would be nice.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 13,029 times
BigD, try guntersville alabama. Living on a lake and a nearby state park. Pay stinks but its beautiful.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:12 PM

3 posts, read 13,029 times
Also BigD, Desoto state park on lookout mountain is great too.. Just a few suggestions.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,931 times
I'm looking to relocate to possibly the Etowah County, NE Alabama area. Is anyone familiar with this area and is it a nice place to raise a family.

I'm originally from Massachusetts and have been living in South Florida for the past five years. My family is looking to relocate to a low crime, people friendly area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-08-2006, 02:46 PM

118 posts, read 465,440 times
Default Think about the panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC FL COP
I'm looking to relocate to possibly the Etowah County, NE Alabama area. Is anyone familiar with this area and is it a nice place to raise a family.

I'm originally from Massachusetts and have been living in South Florida for the past five years. My family is looking to relocate to a low crime, people friendly area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Panama City Beach is pretty nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama